numb farkin feet/carbon soled shiitmano shoes
out of shape

good gawdamn ride :)

amerliN

Velociotis
03-10-2007, 02:26 PM
First time outside for the year.

40 degrees, 10-20mph winds, 2 hours

Achilles tendon hurts from new position, pedals.

Will do it agin tomorrow.

saab2000
03-10-2007, 02:46 PM
30 easy, sloppy miles in Grand Rapids, MI. Would like to have done more, but was happy.

zank
03-10-2007, 03:46 PM
Did a great ride with Myette-pal. 52 miles of spring-like, salty run-off bliss.

manet
03-10-2007, 04:26 PM
usually 60.

Erik.Lazdins
03-10-2007, 04:39 PM
Last early dawn day for a while - got in 50 at 48 degrees and overcast. It should stay like this all year!

Bill Bove
03-10-2007, 04:56 PM
Got two flats on the weekly pain fest we call saturday morning. changed the first one in a hurry to get back in the group on their way back from the turn-a-round. got in o.k. but had the front tire go ka-bang while we were going close to thirty mph. got over to the side of the road without killing myself or anybody else but had to ride on home alone. one tube and co2 under the saddle and another tube and co2 in the pocket, would have been a long walk home otherwise.

Ginger
03-10-2007, 04:56 PM
1 hour

50 degrees

Hills that I should not have been on, but I made it back to the car.

Migraine went into overdrive half way...

No idea how fast.

back was good, feet were good

need new shoes

LOVE my new Exte-ondo knickers. Padding where you need it, not too much padding where you don't. YAY!

nap time.

Tom
03-10-2007, 06:58 PM
38 miles, tailwind out, headwind home. NWS claimed it was 15-20, gusts to 35. Pretty much quartering so not full on. Saw a rider about 3/4 of a mile ahead coming back, when I went up and around the corner they were closer but I couldn't tell who they were so I thought I'd keep up the pace and see if I could catch them. Almost did but they made the light and I didn't and they seemed to pick it up a little heading away so when I got them in sight again I started really trying to catch them. Faster and faster we went, with them looking back every once in a while, I finally realized it was one of my Sunday buddies. I finally caught him in town and he said at first he didn't know who was coming up on him so he figured he'd make them work for it and then he realized it was me so he figured he'd really make me work for it. What are friends for, eh? It was good, if I panicked and tried too hard I'd have blown up and not caught him, I had to ride just to the limit of what I could maintain and stay patient. I don't often get the chance to try that. Good day.

Now I am at work. Ah, well. Tomorrow I ride again.

chuckred
03-10-2007, 08:31 PM
5+ hours, 4900 feet climbing 78 miles.

50 miles with the club and the remainder to and from the house to the meeting spot. Unfortunately, I live 2,000 feet higher than the start - painful this time of year!

mid 30's starting, into the 40's riding, started to snow an hour after I got home!

gt6267a
03-10-2007, 09:27 PM
22 miles on the mtn bike with a 3 mile climb. 70 degress. first time riding the loop at oak mtn without putting a foot down outside blood rock. very excited about that.

Kevan
03-10-2007, 11:23 PM
but where in the hell was the warm weather we were promised?

RIHans
03-11-2007, 12:30 AM
That's all I can say to the weather in the Northeast finally breaking. 1 1/2 hours spinnin' and happy to be out and about! Looks like we can string a few together and, sheeit, I'm ready!

RABikes2
03-11-2007, 04:18 AM
Unbelievably beautiful weather here for Saturday's ride. The temperature was perfect, mid/high 70's, blue skies, and a great new course. Did a 29 mile hilly loop and then headed west to Lake Seminole. The roads around the lake were rollers and hills; awesome. :D

My son and his high school team had a Regatta starting at 3:00. Got to the lake in time to do a few extra miles and then have a seat to watch; even brought the binoculars. His race was the first race of the day and they won! :banana:

After the race, we biked back to Havana. Got to my place just as it was getting dark, front/rear lights were on.

108.0 miles...wow, what a day; the ride there, watching my son, the ride home. Sweet.
RA

A.L.Breguet
03-11-2007, 04:30 AM
Wake up at 3:30. Hop the PATH (subway) to Manhattan, ride up Madison av. to Central Park. Did the 36 mile A race, avoiding the ugly crash. :banana: Rode home for a 69 mile total. Temps started at 29', almost 40' by the time I got home. Overcast.

Ti-Boy
03-11-2007, 04:54 AM
Our usual crew got out for 68 miles, 4,678 of climing with an avg. temp of 37 degrees. It hurt at 50 when the legs/lungs gave out.

Too Tall
03-11-2007, 07:14 AM
A.L.Breguet - Now THAT is an NYC classic. Congrats. :)

I got out for my fav. 100 mile loop. Froze my fanny off for the first 45 miles and rode hard until I popped at about mile 75 than noodled for coffee and home. Headwinds all day :)

rwsaunders
03-11-2007, 08:12 AM
Finally had the booties off and we had a nice 40 miler, with coffee of course. Rain rolled in at noon as predicted, but I beat the big drops when I pulled in the driveway. Surprised to not see more cyclists out on the pavement. A couple of good lookin' runners though....with dogs.

Tom
03-11-2007, 10:14 AM
It's what, 40 outside? 45?

At work from 7:30 last night to two this morning for an upgrade, get to sleep around 4:30, paged at 6:00 for a silly one, paged at 7:00 for a big problem, back out my upgrade to isolate cause of the problem because it's with a product we upgraded - and the problem persists, has nothing to do with the upgrade. Son of a.... worst part is, the failure won't happen when we turn tracing on. Ever.

Of course, once you're in, you're in and you own every frigging problem... I guess it's the bike to nowhere today.

AgilisMerlin
03-11-2007, 10:28 AM
sounds like software hell.............good luck.

squeaked in 45 min. today.

we get an upgrade every 4 to 5 months. We call them "downgrades" :D

amerliN

huey
03-11-2007, 04:38 PM
I rode both Saturday & Sunday.

Saturday
2hrs easy. Then went to see the Rangers and Giants play. I saw Bonds knock one out of the park. Amazing, even with all the scruitny surrounding him.

Sunday
3.5 hrs, 60 miles and warm. It is only sunny and 86 here in Phoenix.

Anybody want to come and visit?

Brad