PDA

View Full Version : ottrott vs mei vici

peterk
03-08-2007, 03:33 PM
I am looking to upgrade my ride. I am currently riding a CDA. Any one have an opinion on the Mei Vici?

dirtdigger88
03-08-2007, 04:45 PM
I think the Meivici looks wicked cool-

if I had the money - Id buy one-

one with the 1* slope

in white

with cut out decals for the carbon to show through

with cool carbon rims

and tubulars

dura ace-

sorta like this one- with a better parts pick :cool:

jason

Big Dan
03-08-2007, 04:48 PM
Go Legend. Full Ti.

:cool:

SoCalSteve
03-08-2007, 04:51 PM
Go Ottrott with the ST rear end and a F3 fork, save a few thousand.

Serotta PETE
03-08-2007, 04:54 PM
Both of these are great rides...(just as your CDA is) They are just different.

Try to quantify what you would change in the ride of the CDA and then determine which meets that need best. (although both might)

If budget is not an issure - go for the MEIVICI. But if you would like to keep some $$ , go for OTTROTT> They are both wonderful rides.

Which one do you like the looks of better? That should be a big factor. Also which one will still have the smile on your face (the most) a year after purchase.??

Really I would have a difficult time determining. The Meivici is lighter if that is important. I like the look of ti and carbon. CHOICE is very personal.

Since both are custom it is hard just test riding one of each. If you are honest with yourself on what you want the frame to do - it can be tuned that way. GO with you heart. YOUR WALLET WILL FOLLOW!!!!

PETE

Climb01742
03-08-2007, 04:56 PM
search for past threads. you'll find an opinion or two. :rolleyes: better yet, test ride 'em and let your butt be your guide.

catulle
03-08-2007, 04:58 PM
Upgrade? What exactly do ya mean upgrade?

BoulderGeek
03-08-2007, 05:41 PM
DirtDigger had me...right up until he said Dura Ace.

Right up front, I'll admit I am a n00b and a moron. I've never had a custom bike built for me. I fit everything right off the rack:standard guy measurements 44 regular, 34/34 jeans, 58cm frame.

In comparing lots of full carbon and mixed frames over the last year, were it I (poor), I'd go Ottrott with Record. I couldn't tell much of a difference between a MeiVici and any other full carbon racing rig. I tried it up against the BMC SLC01, BMC Time Machine, Orbea Orca, Orbea Onyx, Colnago C50,as well as the Ottrott and Nove.

All the carbons felt good. The mixed felt livelier. But, due to my lack of sophistication, or because standard sizes seem to fit me, I probably couldn't tell the difference between a $2000 Orbea frame and an ~$8000 MeiVici frame. So I'd buy the Ottrott, because that I can differentiate.

Did I mention that I am poor?

EDIT: What Climb said. The above was an obfuscated way of stating what he did in elegance and simplicity.

YMMV.

Jeff Weir
03-08-2007, 05:41 PM
I'd get a Meivici with 3.75% slope.

CNY rider
03-08-2007, 06:49 PM
Either choice can lead to a truly great bike that will give you tremendous riding pleasure.

What's important is that you communicate to your fitter and to Serotta what characteristics you want in the bicycle. If that channel of communication is clear than I believe they can and will build you a bike that will do exactly what you want it to, whether it's on the Ottrott or the Meivici platform.

Good luck and enjoy the process!