PDA

View Full Version : Carrera bikes anyone

trener1
05-06-2021, 09:22 PM
I am in the market for a new bike (yeah not really a good time for it).
And it seems like the US importer actually has some Carrera bikes in stock.
My question is if anyone rides one or knows much about them?
I have heard of the name but beyond that I dont know anything about them and I can't seem to find any reviews or anything on google.

fiamme red
05-06-2021, 09:49 PM
Chiappucci and Pantani rode for Carrera. Do a Google image search and you can find lots of photos.

Carrera bikes have been distributed for a long time by Red Rose Imports in Lancaster, PA.

This current bike looks really nice:

https://carrerabicycle.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/IMG_3758-1024x683.jpg

trener1
05-06-2021, 10:04 PM
Right, I am aware that they road them back in the day.
I am however interested in finding out more info on the current/modern bikes.

fiamme red
05-06-2021, 10:08 PM
Right, I am aware that they road them back in the day.
I am however interested in finding out more info on the current/modern bikes.According to this thread, Carrera made all frames in-house in Italy: https://www.roadbikereview.com/threads/is-this-carrera-made-in-italy-or-taiwan.312032/. I don't know if that's still true.

El Chaba
05-07-2021, 05:47 AM
They went from making everything in house in Italy to making nothing in house. RedRose Imports has quite a few odds and ends from the hand made era at Carrera, so might ask what they have in your size and preferred material etc. Carreras were really very nicely made frames, with a great neutral handling geometry.

trener1
05-07-2021, 07:38 AM
Yeah I spoke to Red Rose, what I am really looking for feedback on a current carbon frame.

El Chaba
05-07-2021, 07:47 AM
Yeah I spoke to Red Rose, what I am really looking for feedback on a current carbon frame.

Which one?

trener1
05-07-2021, 08:02 AM
I am looking at the Veleno.
But I would be happy to hear about any carbon bike that someone has bought in the last 5 years or so.

skiezo
05-07-2021, 03:20 PM
I'm close to the importer and had a steel Carrera years ago. I stop in the shop a few times a year and look around. They had plenty of CF Correa bike a month ago. Greg, the owner is a super guy and easy to deal with.
I would also look at the Sarto line of bikes if it a racer style bike you are looking for.

trener1
05-08-2021, 08:28 AM
Thanks, yeah Greg is the guy that I have been talking to and he has been great to talk to.
Based on the responses here it seems like no one really rides the newer bikes.

Indeed the Sarto's look amazing, however they are about double the price of the Carrera's so I don't think it's in the cards for me right now.