PDA

View Full Version : Cyclocross World Championships organiser quits over Arkansas anti-transgender laws

BumbleBeeDave
04-22-2021, 05:51 PM
Story is HERE. (https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racing/cyclocross-world-championships-organiser-quits-over-arkansas-anti-transgender-laws-497160)

Don't know that much about what was planned, but as a native Arkansan I obviously took an interest. My Dad was from Clarksville, east of Fayetteville in the mountains. I've wanted to go back and gravel ride there for some time now,

BBD

weisan
04-22-2021, 06:10 PM
My Dad was from Clarksville, east of Fayetteville in the mountains. I've wanted to go back and gravel ride there for some time now,

BBD

Let's go! , what we waiting for??!

KonaSS
04-22-2021, 07:24 PM
Arkansas should be commended for supporting women's sports.

Let's not go here AT ALL.

joevers
04-22-2021, 07:30 PM

Shut up. This seems to be the only issue that makes old men care at all about women's sports. Get out of here with transphobic comments like that.

djg21
04-22-2021, 07:33 PM

The Arkansas legislation causing the boycott has nothing to do with women’s sports. https://www.healthline.com/health-news/why-arkansas-anti-trans-law-is-so-dangerous-for-lgbtqia-youth. It’s about intolerant and transphobic bigots who need to impose their moral, religious and supposedly conservative ideals on innocent and often troubled children and their families. But we have intolerant and transphobic bigots in the Northeast and New England I think we both can agree.

Chris
04-22-2021, 07:37 PM
In before the lock

djg21
04-22-2021, 07:41 PM
In before the lock

Was there a need for this? You already can post in the classifieds.

joevers
04-22-2021, 07:46 PM
Let women compete against women. It's that simple.

Trans women are women. "It's that simple"

Chris
04-22-2021, 07:46 PM
Was there a need for this? You already can post in the classifieds.

It’s called humor. Deal with it. Anytime you guys try to burn this place down with culture wars and identity politics instead of talking about cycling or other appropriate off topic convos, these threads are destined to be locked and apparently to your chagrin, I like to plant my flag without wading into the morass. Enjoy!

joevers
04-22-2021, 07:50 PM
It’s called humor. Deal with it. Anytime you guys try to burn this place down with culture wars and identity politics instead of talking about cycling or other appropriate off topic convos, these threads are destined to be locked and apparently to your chagrin, I like to plant my flag without wading into the morass. Enjoy!

Banning certain women from bike racing in entire states is definitely about cycling, much more so than mini splits or SUV's or basketball or the stock market or anything else people freely talk about here every day.

Gummee
04-22-2021, 07:55 PM

Save the woke BS for another place

Let's talk bikes!

M

bikinchris
04-22-2021, 07:55 PM
We had already signed up to volunteer for both events. I wonder if they will even happen now.

gasman
04-22-2021, 07:58 PM
Any population of people have a range of sexual characteristics. There are more intersex people than most realize.

Let's stick to bike racing.

djg21
04-22-2021, 07:58 PM

“In before the lock” posts are not humorous. They are sophomoric and add fuel to already burning fires. They are completely gratuitous and add nothing of value to any discussion.

FlashUNC
04-22-2021, 07:59 PM
Kudos to Brook.

gasman
04-22-2021, 08:04 PM
No need to continue.