AgilisMerlin
03-06-2007, 04:58 PM
Truly Laying it on the Line:

the reason sloping top tubes were developed :D

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2007/mar07/gpchiasso07/S-KOPP-CHI_4428.jpg

amerliN

BdaGhisallo
03-06-2007, 06:54 PM
Hmmm... interesting looking chainrings. Me wonders what they are. New Shimano rings or old ones?

djg
03-06-2007, 07:13 PM
This is the explanation on the Colnago website (if you read past they hype, you can sort of get a sense of why Ernesto added sloping top tubes to his lineup):

"What is the difference between Sloping and Traditional frame sizes?
Frames using traditional sizes are considered the best by Ernesto Colnago. In fact, sloping sizes were born from , Mountain Bikes where all the sizes were covered with 4 standard sizes. Personally sloping sizes are exclusively for commercial reasons."

atmo
03-06-2007, 07:15 PM
This is the explanation on the Colnago website (if you read past they hype, you can sort of get a sense of why Ernesto added sloping top tubes to his lineup):

"What is the difference between Sloping and Traditional frame sizes?
Frames using traditional sizes are considered the best by Ernesto Colnago. In fact, sloping sizes were born from , Mountain Bikes where all the sizes were covered with 4 standard sizes. Personally sloping sizes are exclusively for commercial reasons."
colnago gets it atmo.

Keith A
03-06-2007, 07:24 PM
Hmmm... interesting looking chainrings. Me wonders what they are. New Shimano rings or old ones?IMHO, it looks like Ultegra 10-speed...

http://www.performancebike.com/product_images/500/50-2875-012-TOP.jpg

FATBOY
03-06-2007, 08:38 PM
chainrings and tube slope aside, that picture really, really makes me wish I was droppin' like a rock down my favorite descent right now!!!! :beer:

Simon Q
03-07-2007, 04:33 PM
I prefer the look of those rings to the DA ones...

michael white
03-07-2007, 05:32 PM
Looks to me like that rider ate some bad clam sauce or something

And yes, to Atmo, I think it's cool that Ernesto puts that statement right on the front page of his big international website. For as much criticism as he seems to get in certain circles such as this one, the maestro has earned his fame the hard way imho.