PDA

View Full Version : Paint upgrade costs

Sandy
03-05-2007, 05:05 PM
I have been considering purchasing an all steel CDA using a single color. I really like the Cobalt Blue color, but it is not a stock color now. How much additional ,over a standard color, would I have to pay for Cobalt Blue, if available ? How much additional for a speciality color, say Frost white, if available? Oops. Frost White is not offered in 2007 as stock speciality color. How much additional for say Candy Apple Red?

I guess that I should be asking a Serotta dealer those questions.

Thanks!!

Color me beautiful,

Sandy

Serotta PETE
03-05-2007, 05:39 PM
Sandy, you dealer can tell you the "upcharge" if any they will charge you for a specific paint job. Also decide whether you want the fork painted or left natural. If you call SEROTTA they can tell you the MSRP for that but it is really left to the dealer what they will charge you.

I know of a great dealer in NJ :D :D yep CYCLESPORT

201-391-5269 ask for MIKE

I have been considering purchasing an all steel CDA using a single color. I really like the Cobalt Blue color, but it is not a stock color now. How much additional ,over a standard color, would I have to pay for Cobalt Blue, if available ? How much additional for a speciality color, say Frost white, if available? Oops. Frost White is not offered in 2007 as stock speciality color. How much additional for say Candy Apple Red?

Thanks!!

Color me beautiful,

Sandy

Smiley
03-05-2007, 06:13 PM

Thanks!!

Color me beautiful,

Sandy

Colbalt Blue , is a Tuna Sandwich with Mayo
Frost White , is a Pastrami on whole wheat

Terms you can put in SandyNomics :)

Serotta_Andrew
03-05-2007, 06:42 PM
Sandy,

The MSRP for a specialty colour is $200... go for the Candy Apple Red!!! and paint on the logo in White Gold!!!!!

saab2000
03-05-2007, 06:50 PM
How much is the upcharge for this design? (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=18090&highlight=Colorado+III)

This is a serious question. I am considering the unthinkable and replacing my Serotta, Look and Merckx with a new Serotta in steel, racing geo, F3 fork and this paint scheme.

What would I end up paying for the paint on a bike like this?

Serotta_Andrew
03-05-2007, 07:01 PM
How much is the upcharge for this design? (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=18090&highlight=Colorado+III)

This is a serious question. I am considering the unthinkable and replacing my Serotta, Look and Merckx with a new Serotta in steel, racing geo, F3 fork and this paint scheme.

What would I end up paying for the paint on a bike like this?

The paint scheme has combined 2 schemes, half and half and Sizzler with 3 colours so this should be $600 with the painted fork price of $720