PDA

View Full Version : First significant regular riding in months!

saab2000
03-05-2007, 01:45 PM
Rode again in Washington yesterday and today. Windier than a SOB. Rode alone yesterday. Every post work ride is slow to start out with as my body has to readjust to air/movement/lack of bloodflow from sitting for hours, etc.

Anyway, last week I had 3 good rides, including a 58 miler with Too Tall. My observation after that was that my left knee was feeling quite sore. This is new to me, but I expected it was because of the fairly significant amounts of running I have done over the winter (different exercise) and the fact that the muscles are willing, but the connective tissue is weak. So I was glad to have a couple days off the bike on Friday and Saturday.

Today then I went on the Hayne's Point ride at noon and it was good. This really is a great ride with terrific intervals. From my house and back to my house with the ride it is 48 miles. Nice.

The best news is that my knee was fine. I have a lot of weight to lose and need to build up a good base now, but it is really nice to finally be able to get out and do some decent riding again!!

don'TreadOnMe
03-05-2007, 03:09 PM
Awesome on the bike.
When the sensations are good...
Cycling brings the joy.