PDA

View Full Version : Bike found in barn - input please

BURCH
03-02-2007, 08:21 AM
Hey everyone,

Well, my parents moved backto my mom's family farm about 7 years ago and about 2 years ago they cleaned out one of the barns that was filled with old equipment and junk. This bike was found and I told me parents to hang on to it for me. Well, I finally asked my father to snap some photos of the bike to start the process of maybe identifying it and maybe restoring it.

I can see Sears on the front badge, but not much else. I can't zoom in because I think the camera was low on megapixel power. I have asked my dad to look over the bike for more info, markings, or serial numbering.

Anyhow, I guess that I looking for any advice on restoring this ride. Anybody know someone out there that restores old bikes. Not sure if I want to cut my teeth on such an old bike?

Also should the bike not be restored if it is worth something untouched? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,
BURCH

Kevan
03-02-2007, 08:45 AM
to hang out, I wouldn't touch it other than to stuff the tires to make them look ride-ready.

Fun looking old bike.

Sandy
03-02-2007, 08:58 AM
I would leave it in the barn.

Sandy

RABikes2
03-02-2007, 09:15 AM
Attach a weaved basket to the handlebars, place a pot of beautiful, bright, spring flowers in the basket, and use as yard "art". ;)
RA

gdw
03-02-2007, 09:35 AM
That looks like one of the Sears team bikes that Ben built in his early days. You might contact Serotta for restoration tips or you can check this site:
http://www.oldroads.com/

RIHans
03-02-2007, 10:22 AM
Believe I can make that out on the headbadge. Perhaps Sears sold 'em. I remember the marque from way back. Maybe 1950's vintage. Old Sears catalogs could hold info. Well...Good luck!

Too Tall
03-02-2007, 10:25 AM
I'm thinking pot rack.
It is pretty rough from the pics. Maybe take a pass on getting it running unless this holds alot of nostalgic importance?

BURCH
03-02-2007, 10:59 AM
No nostalgic value. My mom was born and raised on the farm, but doesn't know who's bike it was.

My father got back to me with the following:

"The word sears was on it in fine print at the bottom line. JC Higgins was the sears roebuck bike brand. With good lighting, good eyes and a magnifying glass plus soap and water I am sure that more is readable."

thwart
03-02-2007, 11:14 AM
Attach a weaved basket to the handlebars, place a pot of beautiful, bright, spring flowers in the basket, and use as yard "art".
Perfect!

bostondrunk
03-02-2007, 11:27 AM
I swear you guys haven't got a clue... :crap:

This is the new Pegoritti 'Rustoleumnostagilica'. Apparently Dario plays with each bike in the mud......topless of course... before shipping out.
Only 650 of them are coming to the US, so get your order in quick.

julia
03-02-2007, 11:47 AM

This is the new Pegoritti 'Rustoleumnostagilica'. Apparently Dario plays with each bike in the mud......topless of course... before shipping out.

what kind of stem is that

bostondrunk
03-02-2007, 11:52 AM
what kind of stem is that

its a dbrk approved french fit custom Nitto.

soulspinner
03-02-2007, 12:01 PM
Look good with campy..

Too Tall
03-02-2007, 01:06 PM

Somebody needs a hug.

OH SANDYyyyyyyyy

stevep
03-02-2007, 01:24 PM
walk away from that shiitbox.
tell them that you're not into bikes anymore.
" naaah, i have a car now...thanks anyway..."

sspielman
03-02-2007, 01:43 PM
This thing has Grant Peterson written all over it.......

CNY rider
03-02-2007, 02:21 PM
manet likes finding stuff in the woods.

He will know what to do with it.

Sandy
03-02-2007, 02:26 PM

I found Kevan in the woods and I certainly don't know what to do with him. :)

Sandy

Too Tall
03-02-2007, 03:53 PM
This thing has Grant Peterson written all over it.......

Oh no you di int. DBRK is going to go all ape-yogi on your butt. Dewd, you are TOAST ;)

manet
03-02-2007, 08:17 PM

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e61/easterncaster/IMG_2899.jpg

Kevan
03-02-2007, 09:53 PM
I found Kevan in the woods and I certainly don't know what to do with him. :) Sandy

For me, the rusty hulk found me.

Sandy
03-02-2007, 10:02 PM
For me, the rusty hulk found me.

I guess that you are right. I found you in the woods. :( : I've been looking for the barn ever since :help: . If I ever find it, I will dump you there. :)

Still Searching Sandy