PDA

View Full Version : See...I'm trying to be heathy...sometimes.

shinomaster
03-01-2007, 11:51 PM
Soba noodles..imho.

Karin Kirk
03-02-2007, 12:04 AM
Nice job on the health food, but I must inquire... how old is that pre-teen looking girl on your computer screen? I'm not sure that is so healthy!

Do you surf while dining? Can you surf while using chopsticks?

What is the difference between soba noodles and rice noodles?

I think those are all my questions for now.

Karin Kirk
03-02-2007, 12:05 AM
I love the chopstick notches in the bowl. Sweet details! You made that, I presume?

shinomaster
03-02-2007, 12:13 AM
I made everything except the Karatsu sake bottle.. The notches on the lip of the bowl were swiped from an old Song Dynasty design I saw in a museum. It's more for decoration than function.
That girl is 32 like me, and a vegan so she is skinny..I'm trying to get her to give me her phone number...

Karin Kirk
03-02-2007, 12:23 AM
OK, glad to hear you are only persuing (or perusing) gals in the legal age range.
All of the pottery is sweet! It all coordinates very well together. Did you make those chopsticks too then?

Best of luck with Ms. Vegan and her phone number!

ThasFACE
03-02-2007, 12:39 AM
Big fan of the big Chinese-style chopsticks. Big, heavy, substantial; it's the only thing to use when eating proper AAAAAsian food. I grew up with _real_ chopsticks and never understood why Japanese sticks are generally so ridiculously crappy and light. I mean, do splinters add to the sushi/sashimi/etc experience?

Serpico
03-02-2007, 08:18 AM
hello shino. very nice. I like the bird design, very cool. again your illustration is very thematic with the rest of your designs (I remember a mug with those birds and some drawings with similar birds). very cool.

are you making chop sticks? I have features I like on round chopsticks and square ones. I went to a nice vietnamese restaurant a few weeks ago and they had nice laquered chopsticks that were square at the top (where you hold them) and then the square-ness "shaped" into rounded chopsticks at the tips (where you pick up food). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Chopstick.JPG

I'm also frustrated by wimpy chopsticks. nice job shino--those are nice hashi bro. and you're picking up women on the computer while eating... hehe...

jhcakilmer
03-02-2007, 09:22 AM
Nice Shino, looks tasty, but don't you think you chould throw some more vegies in there? Some shredded carrots, or red peppers......just needs some more color.... ;)

Some of you guys should read the "China Study", it's very interesting.

jhcakilmer
03-02-2007, 09:28 AM
Is that endiva lettuce and ****aki mushrooms?

jhcakilmer
03-02-2007, 09:30 AM
I didn't know that they autosensor the listings....

$hitaki mushrooms.....

oldguy00
03-02-2007, 09:33 AM
Shino,

Please post the recipe for the soup, looks good!!

Also, I love using chopsticks....but what are 'real' chopsticks? I'm used to using either the cheap splintery kind, like from fast food places, or the kind that seem to have a slick laquer finish on them, that you would buy from a kitchen store. I find the slcik kind more difficult to use since the food slides off them too easy (good for dieting...:))!

SoCalSteve
03-02-2007, 10:38 AM
So, did you get her number?

Inquiruing minds want to know!

shinomaster
03-02-2007, 02:26 PM
Baby bock choy, and ****aki shrooms with a bland soy ginger broth....it looks a little better than it tasted. Soba noodles are buckwheat and really good for you..
A friend gave me the chop sticks because she knew I liked ducks.

Serpico
03-02-2007, 02:34 PM

A friend gave me the chop sticks because she knew I liked ducks.

okay, so this explains the connection. it looks like the duck from one of your mugs

pale scotsman
03-02-2007, 04:00 PM
Are those Logitech Z-2300's? If so they rock with a good sound card. PS - I'm hungry now...

shinomaster
03-02-2007, 04:06 PM
Are those Logitech Z-2300's? If so they rock with a good sound card. PS - I'm hungry now...

They are, and they are flippin sweet.

Kevan
03-02-2007, 10:24 PM
Chinese versions are typically longer, thicker and squared compared to Japanese types.

Japanese sticks are shorter and come to a point, or nearly so.

When using cheap break apart sticks, rub the in-the-mouth portion of the sticks rigorously together firmly to lessen the chance of splinters or injesting wood fibers.

That's what I know about chopsticks. Oh, and I help Sandy use his by doing the wrapper and rubberband trick.

shinomaster
03-02-2007, 10:26 PM
Chinese versions are typically longer, thicker and squared compared to Japanese types.

Japanese sticks are shorter and come to a point, or nearly so.

When using cheap break apart sticks, rub the in-the-mouth portion of the sticks rigorously together firmly to lessen the chance of splinters or injesting wood fibers.

That's what I know about chopsticks. Oh, and I help Sandy use his by doing the wrapper and rubberband trick.

That was really helpful Kevan...was that info inside a fortune cookie?

Kevan
03-02-2007, 10:34 PM
Use your fingers to eat fortune cookies. Everyone else does.

Louis
03-02-2007, 11:43 PM
Soba noodles..imho.

OK John, I'll leave it up to the more enlightened members of the forum to decide which meal is preferable, yours, or this one. I call it "Supper Still Life with Today's UPS Delivery, (Headset, Crown Race and Spacers)"

Alright, I admit, this is one was posed - unless I have guests, I never use a place mat and cloth napkin...

bcm119
03-03-2007, 12:14 AM
OK John, I'll leave it up to the more enlightened members of the forum to decide which meal is preferable, yours, or this one. I call it "Supper Still Life with Today's UPS Delivery, (Headset, Crown Race and Spacers)"

Alright, I admit, this is one was posed - unless I have guests, I never use a place mat and cloth napkin...
I'll take yours Louis. I love that beer. Uber-geeks turn their nose up at Chimay but its only because its less obscure...its one of the best beers in the world. :beer:

shinomaster
03-03-2007, 02:32 AM
Louis.... I'll take yours...after I eat mine!! There's always room for Chimay...well, almost. You need a new glass. That one is for bitters.

Louis
03-03-2007, 12:12 PM
You need a new glass. That one is for bitters.

So what should I have used?

No goblets for me, if that's the "correct" glass. For some reason they don't move me. I thought the big thing was wide mouth, no tall, skinny pilsner-type glasses. I figured this version of a tulip glass was good enough.

One learns so much on the forum...

Louis

bcm119
03-03-2007, 04:42 PM
here's a Chimay glass- I found this one at a yard sale. I guess its pretty much a goblet. A big red wine glass would work but make sure the top isn't too narrow or it will foam over. :beer: