PDA

View Full Version : Asking Fit Gurus

physasst
03-01-2007, 09:38 PM
I have spent a great deal of time and fiddling with my riding to dial my fit on a road bike down to a T......Now I am considering buying a TT/Triathlon bike as I am doing a tri this summer. My questions revolve primarily around the effective TT length....I know that the steeper STA can lengthen the TT on a road bike, but when you add in the forward TT position with your elbows in the cups, and the steeper STA...What does this do to the effective TT? Should you look for a bike with a shorter TT? I'm just curious....

Adam
03-01-2007, 10:14 PM
The tt length on many tri bikes is shortened to make up for the steeper seat angle...Though, to make the bike ride right, trail numbers are typically larger to mellow the steering, stays can be shorter in order to tuck the wheel in tight behind the seat tube as well. It is a whole design thing...all the parts are interrelated. By and large, your flexibility, core strength and event focus will determine your position. Keep an open mind and talk with some fitters who are familiar with tri positioning.

TNT is great organization...we work with a lot of newbies and turn them into enthusiastic cyclists.

Adam

Smiley
03-02-2007, 06:47 AM
+1 to what Adam said and I will add the its BEST to go to your fitter with the clamp on bars you intend to use so the fit can be made around your cock pit position with these specific bars it will make a difference. Best of luck.