PDA

View Full Version : saddle height vs time of year

soulspinner
02-28-2007, 05:42 AM
How much if any do you all change saddle height in the off season(snowy upstate ny)? I usually go down 2-3 mm but wonder if this is common.

Kevan
02-28-2007, 08:02 AM
Due to the addition of tights and whatnots?

Don't see a need to play with what is already perfect.

Sandy
02-28-2007, 08:20 AM
Due to the addition of tights and whatnots?

Don't see a need to play with what is already perfect.

So why, might I ask, do you always play with me? :rolleyes: :)

Picture Perfect Snapshot Sandy

Kevan
02-28-2007, 08:29 AM
ain't getting no sleep tonight...not with that notion runnin' loose in my head.

Moosedryvr
02-28-2007, 09:25 AM
If I keep riding through the fall/winter, I usually don't have to make any adjustment. But when I come off an extended period of non-riding (like now), I usually lower my saddle by ~5mm - 1cm, seems to help with comfort until my legs get "stretched out" again. Seat goes back up to regular height after a couple weeks of regular riding. No science to any of this, just what I need to do to make it "feel right."

Shawn G.

Sandy
02-28-2007, 09:32 AM
ain't getting no sleep tonight...not with that notion runnin' loose in my head.

I don't understand your post. We never get any sleep at night when I am visiting you at your office....... ;) ;)

Nightmare Sandy

Kevan
02-28-2007, 10:28 AM
I don't understand your post. We never get any sleep at night when I am visiting you at your office....... ;) Nightmare Sndy

a full bottle oughta be enough.

Ozz
02-28-2007, 11:17 AM
I only move the saddle height if it "doesn't feel right". I try to avoid the "princess and the pea" syndrome. :)

chakatrain
02-28-2007, 03:18 PM
On my road bikes, I usually don't adjust the seat height at all, once I have it dialed in the first time.

I do end up moving the stem height all the time, though, depending on my flexibility. I have no rule about when/if I do this; I just move it up and down if it feels to me like I need it moved.