PDA

View Full Version : VS Tour of California Coverage - Technical

keno
02-26-2007, 07:57 AM
I had significant reception breakups (digital cable) on Saturday and Sunday, which stopped occurring during the last hour of coverage on Sunday. Did others have any similar problems with VS transmission? BTW, other channels I was bouncing to and from had no such problems, so I assume that the problem source was VS.

keno

rdparadise
02-26-2007, 08:06 AM
I had them too on Sunday. I missed Saturday's telecast. Liggett said these were due to transmission issues going to the satellite from the cameras. It happened even more in the mountainous stages when tree cover created an issue.

Bob

Sandy
02-26-2007, 08:06 AM
I had significant reception breakups (digital cable) on Saturday and Sunday, which stopped occurring during the last hour of coverage on Sunday. Did others have any similar problems with VS transmission? BTW, other channels I was bouncing to and from had no such problems, so I assume that the problem source was VS.

keno

I believe I remember one of the commentators stating a couple of days earlier that the reception breakups had something to do with transmission reception problems caused somehow by the helicopters that were being used in the transmission process, or something like that. The commentator said that there was no need to try to adjust your tv, as your tv was fine (not your particular tv).

Sandy

Lost Weekend
02-26-2007, 08:11 AM
Ya I had that on every stage-just like all the races that oln/vs cover. It usually seems to be coming from just one motorbike/camera, maybe if they just tighten the stupid connection or somthing.
I don't know, I'm back to watchin rodeo- at least when someone falls they dont stop the bull and let the rider back on.

manet
02-26-2007, 08:37 AM
they were just editing out
levi's pleas for time-outs

Lost Weekend
02-26-2007, 09:41 AM
Now that was funny. Kind of reminded me of Kevin Bacon in Animal House, "relax all is well, remain calm, all is well..."