PDA

View Full Version : Toyota United Fuji?

A.L.Breguet
02-25-2007, 07:24 PM
What's the deal. This teams co-title sponsor is a bike builder(United), but they ride Fuji. What's the dealio? This can't be effective advertising for United. :confused:

PacNW2Ford
02-25-2007, 07:43 PM
Last year they created their own bike brand built by Easton. The bikes didn't sell well. This year Fuji sponsors them, no more "United" brand. See Cycling News for details.

shinomaster
02-25-2007, 07:48 PM
They were just too ugly to buy. imho

Walter
02-25-2007, 08:05 PM
The brand/name of the team is United. No bike sponsor last season, so they put their team name on a spec'd bike they had built (= no sponsor $$$). Got Fuji as a bike sponsor this year.

A.L.Breguet
02-26-2007, 04:17 AM
The brand/name of the team is United. No bike sponsor last season, so they put their team name on a spec'd bike they had built (= no sponsor $$$). Got Fuji as a bike sponsor this year.

sbornia
02-26-2007, 11:30 AM
Not that you'd want to, but you can get one of last year's frames here (http://www.excelsports.com/new.asp?page=8&description=Team+Frameset+2006&vendorCode=UNITED&major=1&minor=1).

PacNW2Ford
02-26-2007, 11:39 AM
Here's the link:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech/2007/probikes/?id=united_fuji_ivan_stevic

zank
02-26-2007, 12:19 PM
So I was lined up in a cat 4 cross race in my HUP United kit. The official came over to me and asked if I raced for United. I guess I looked at her with a puzzled look. She said "if you race for United, why are you in a cat 4 cross race?". I still looked puzzled I guess. She said, "if you are a pro, why aren't you in the A race." I laughed my head off. A great way to break the tension before a race, but she was serious. My gut gives away the fact that I am no pro. Plus, our kit looks NOTHING like a Toyota United kit.

Sorry for the off-topic ramble. I guess that is what happens you are stuck on a 4 hour conference call.

coylifut
02-26-2007, 12:46 PM
So I was lined up in a cat 4 cross race in my HUP United kit. The official came over to me and asked if I raced for United. I guess I looked at her with a puzzled look. She said "if you race for United, why are you in a cat 4 cross race?". I still looked puzzled I guess. She said, "if you are a pro, why aren't you in the A race." I laughed my head off. A great way to break the tension before a race, but she was serious. My gut gives away the fact that I am no pro. Plus, our kit looks NOTHING like a Toyota United kit.

Sorry for the off-topic ramble. I guess that is what happens you are stuck on a 4 hour conference call.

in that white skin suit, you look like a pro to me.

manet
02-26-2007, 07:09 PM
in that white skin suit, you look like a pro to me.

valentine,

eyes above the waist, eyes above the waist...