PDA

View Full Version : Latte

shinomaster
02-25-2007, 01:36 PM
If your latte still looks like this when you are half done, you are doing pretty well imho.

flydhest
02-25-2007, 02:14 PM
Latte art is a good thing. Even better when it's done on a macchiato in a demitasse.

big shanty
02-25-2007, 02:56 PM
Good looking coffee! Yesterday I stopped by my friend's workshop...he is a part-time violin maker, as well as as a bike/coffee nut. He pulled a couple delicious shots of Vivace Dolce.

Ray
02-25-2007, 03:32 PM
If your latte still looks like this when you are half done, you are doing pretty well imho.
Your barista is damn sure doing pretty well. Did you pour that? If so, nice job. I've come up with crude approximations of the classic tree a couple of times, but generally create what I like to call Latte Rorschach, which tells you far more about the interpreter than the 'artist'.

-Ray

zank
02-25-2007, 04:30 PM
If your barista was a lady, can you introduce me to her when I come out to the GP?

Don't tell mrs. zank.

stackie
02-25-2007, 04:38 PM
Shino,

I'll bet that's Stumptown. I recognize the cup as well as the latte art. They're really pretty good. Probably top three in the US, but frankly, no one holds a candle to Intelligentsia in Chicago.

Anyway, still darn good latte.

Jon

Karin Kirk
02-25-2007, 07:10 PM
What happened to that plate in the background? Something's wrong with it.
It looks empty.

Bud
02-25-2007, 07:14 PM
Nice dendritic pattern...

This (http://www.amantecoffee.com/) is where to find the real deal in Boulder, imho. And they have a good looking bike jersey to boot.

shinomaster
02-25-2007, 07:18 PM
Karen...it was a yummy croissant. The triple 12oz latte I had last week was even more perfect and beautiful...I just happened to have my camera today.
Zank...unless you make me a nice frame you are in big trouble with your wife!!!

Karin Kirk
02-25-2007, 07:29 PM
TRIPLE latte? Geez, you are manly! :)
Croissant - nice choice. Rich, but not too sweet.

I have one of those dandy milk frother sticks and I do enjoy the latte every AM. But I haven't a clue how to make it decorative.

(PS - it's Karin, not Karen)

shinomaster
02-25-2007, 07:46 PM
Carin i'm sorry about thee typo...I do actually knowhow to spell croissant..imho

pdxmech13
02-25-2007, 10:57 PM
the boys make hearts for me :crap: :crap: :crap:

Avispa
02-25-2007, 11:42 PM
Hey Shino,

Which has more foam a latte or a cappucino? Can you ask for a latte with double foam? ;)

shinomaster
02-26-2007, 01:32 AM
Hey Shino,

Which has more foam a latte or a cappucino? Can you ask for a latte with double foam? ;)

I usually get a wet capp, or a strong latte...foam is hard to drink imho.
;)

Samster
02-26-2007, 10:34 AM
I usually get a wet capp, or a strong latte...foam is hard to drink imho.
;)foam gives me gas. foam _is_ gas atmo.

jthurow
02-26-2007, 10:41 AM
If you drink it fast enough, before they really start to separate, when the esspresso ladened steamed milk and foam combine... they make a delicious coffee cloud in your mouth... pure velvety goodness

Capp is 1/3 espresso, 1/3 steamed milk, 1/3 frothed milk
Latte has the same ingrediants but the proportions are different; same amount of espresso but more steamed milk with only a thin layer of froth on top. So double foam latte might be pretty close to a cap depending on where you get it...

jimi
whose espresso art is usually more abstract :rolleyes:

Ray
02-26-2007, 11:52 AM
TRIPLE latte? Geez, you are manly! :)

I have one of those dandy milk frother sticks and I do enjoy the latte every AM. But I haven't a clue how to make it decorative.
A triple isn't truly half again more than a double. I have a double basket and a triple basket and the triple is just a few grams more. I tend to drink 1.5 oz shots with a double and 2 oz with a triple.

Here's an expert showing you how to pour a picture. I understand it and try it sometimes, but have only even APPROXIMATED those results a couple of times. And it was a pretty gross approximation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3d0eaYS26g

-Ray