PDA

View Full Version : Etxeondo

mike p
02-24-2007, 12:40 PM
Has anyone used this line of clothing? My local guy just started to carry this line and says it's the spanish assos. I'm getting ready to buy new bibs for the season.

Mike

Ozz
02-24-2007, 01:00 PM
top quality...Golden Chamois is best chamois around...imho. I have a couple pairs of the Chromatic bib....good/great stuff. Like better than my Assos FI.13 (or whatever they are called....).

runs small, so if you try on before you buy you are in luck. I don't have any local dealers so I have to rely on web sales.

The brand has gotten more expensive the past couple years also...

jeffg
02-24-2007, 02:02 PM
Has anyone used this line of clothing? My local guy just started to carry this line and says it's the spanish assos. I'm getting ready to buy new bibs for the season.

Mike

That's the Basque Assos, atmo.

I have a pair of the Marke Bibs and the Golden Chamois is very nice. I am a bit mystified by the massive price increase for power Lycra when the compression on the normal bibs (Marke, Cromatic) seems just fine. They now do an elastic chamois as well, but either nobody has tried it or they just did not wish to give an feedback on it via my thread on the topic.

I agree the stuff runs a bit small, but not too small. I can still wear a medium bib and I am far from at my leanest.

coylifut
02-24-2007, 02:34 PM
pick up some of their arm, leg and knee warmers as well. they are a bit thicker than the norm. i'd buy some new knee warmers, but no one stocks in my area.

stevep
02-24-2007, 03:27 PM
premium quality stuff.
youll like it.

swoop
02-24-2007, 04:26 PM
the highest quality possible. chamios floating on two layers of lycra.. just rolls royce stuff. sizes run small...

MartyE
02-24-2007, 05:54 PM
I've been wearing it for the past 5 years. Absolutely wonderful stuff,
very well made and functional over all else.
This stuff is made for mountain goat climber physique, cut very short as well
as small.

TimD
02-24-2007, 06:12 PM
Several of my crew wear it, mostly jackets, and claim to like it.

I looked at ExteOndo but found the lack of bright colors a disqualifier. I've been pretty happy of late with Castelli and Giordana, which can be had for considerably less.

If all-out bling is most important, go with Assos. If bling and uncommonality are both important, ExteOndo is probably a good choice, and (as you've probably figured out) it is somewhat less expensive that Assos.

Whatever you do, make sure you check out the Assos web site before you buy! :)

Climb01742
02-24-2007, 07:04 PM
very good stuff. the double layer of lycra makes a good difference. golden chamois is real nice. holds up well, helping make price less painful. dare ya to buy the white shorts! :beer:

wasfast
02-24-2007, 09:36 PM
Seems a year or 2 back, it was VERY hard to find in the US. Perhaps that's improved again. My wife has a windblocker jacket that's very nice.

obtuse
02-24-2007, 09:43 PM
very good stuff. the double layer of lycra makes a good difference. golden chamois is real nice. holds up well, helping make price less painful. dare ya to buy the white shorts! :beer:

ok. i will.

you owe me a beer.

obtuse

cadence90
02-24-2007, 10:14 PM
Excellent stuff. The GC is super.

znfdl
02-25-2007, 08:23 AM
Is the golden chamois a thick or a thin chamois?

Climb01742
02-25-2007, 08:45 AM
i'd say thick-ish, in a good way. not assos diaper-like but not thin. just right, IMO. a big plus for me is no seams. and i wouldn't forget the double layer of lycra really helps you shift your butt on the saddle easily, subtly.

gt6267a
02-25-2007, 10:42 AM
chromatic shorts are fantastic. nice combo with the assos chamois creme. in terms of thickness, they are thinish but more importantly they are not the huge squishy pads found in pearl or other shorts. all that puffy material has to go somewhere and there is none of that with the golden chamois. good stuff.

znfdl
02-25-2007, 11:33 AM
Does anyone know if they are thicker than say Voler? Thanks.

Cinci Jim
02-25-2007, 04:48 PM
I have been looking all over the web for sizing info but none seems to be available... I normally wear a large in PI... maybe an XL?

toaster
02-25-2007, 07:20 PM
I like their stuff, I'm having trouble pronouncing the name, though.

swoop
02-25-2007, 09:04 PM
say this: eh chay on doe.

yes they are thicker than voler. there are two layers of lycra under the chamois that float over each other. voler is a nice vw to exte ondos porsche.

does the orbeausa.com site have sizing (did you look there?)? i wear at least a size larger. medium shorts when i wear small in every other brand.

toaster
02-25-2007, 09:14 PM
Eay, on Dancer, on Prancer, on Donner, on Vixen!!!

Thanks.
:)

Ozz
02-26-2007, 08:12 AM
I have been looking all over the web for sizing info but none seems to be available... I normally wear a large in PI... maybe an XL?
I wear large for in PI shorts...I usually get a XXL Etxe Ondo, although I think I will try an XL soon. I have an older pair of bibs in XXL that fit perfectly, and although my two pairs of Chromatic bibs are XXL, they seem to be cut larger than the other pair. Still a good fit, just not as tight around my skinny thighs. Make sure your vendor has a good exchange / return policy ;)