PDA

View Full Version : I don't want to own it...

onekgguy
02-23-2007, 10:58 PM
...i just want to drive it! this will leave you breathless...

Bugatti Veyron (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x157l2_bugatti-veyron-at-top-speed)

Kevin g

Kevin
02-24-2007, 06:04 AM
It corners well, and its acceleration is incredible. But I was bothered by the wind noise off the mirrors when the speed got over 200 mph. The ride was also a little harsh. ;)

Kevin

Climb01742
02-24-2007, 06:07 AM
for me the dealer breaker was lack of enough cupholders. where was i going to put my big gulp?;)

stevep
02-24-2007, 06:23 AM
the am radio got poor reception and with the ac on i couldnt get it over 195mph.
bought a toyota fpr 18k.
spent the rest of the money on bike shiite.

myette10
02-24-2007, 06:51 AM
that was fun to watch. I like the line about how the tires would only last 15 minutes at top speed, but that was ok because the gas would run out in 12.

zank
02-24-2007, 07:38 AM
I never thought I would say this but...

Think of all the Ferarris you could buy for the price of one Bugatti.

weisan
02-24-2007, 07:38 AM
the guy in the red-shirt looks to have Obtuse-dimensions. That's all I notice. you can still get its less-privileged japanese distant cousin:
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/xp/dennis/20060706/11/1182979144-nissan-z-power-crazy.jpg

I like that race-track.

stevep
02-24-2007, 07:50 AM
I never thought I would say this but...

Think of all the Ferarris you could buy for the price of one Bugatti.

i thk of all the zanks i could get for the price of a ferrari.
better deal imho.

ejh
02-24-2007, 07:51 AM
I have a budy that restours Bugatti's in Bertherd Colorado. Cool cars. Eric

zank
02-24-2007, 08:07 AM
i thk of all the zanks i could get for the price of a ferrari.
better deal imho.

I'm feelin' the love, stevep. Thanks, my friend. I hope to see you guys up in Fryeburg on the 11th.

sjbraun
02-24-2007, 08:22 AM
Its a Volkswagon. So if its anything like my former Passat or Jetta, parts will fall off at rather inconvenient times. If VW could engineer reliability into their cars like Honda or Toyota do, I'd still be driving one. Great cars, until they start to break.

Steve-who likes VWs, really; but just doesn't want to pay to keep one on the road.

BumbleBeeDave
02-24-2007, 08:27 AM
. . . . He's slower than ME!"

LOVE IT! :banana: :banana: :banana:

BBD

Kevan
02-24-2007, 08:45 AM
does it have kiddie door locks? I need kiddie door locks.

stevep
02-24-2007, 08:49 AM
does it have kiddie door locks? I need kiddie door locks.

kevin
i thk the lease is $199 a month..but i am not sure.
or maybe that was the lease on the hyundai excel...
i always mix those 2 up.

cycleman_21
02-24-2007, 10:23 AM
WOWZA, that was the best ride I've had in a while.
Yes, I am, of course, married ;) :)

RC

Kevin
02-24-2007, 11:28 AM
Its a Volkswagon. So if its anything like my former Passat or Jetta, parts will fall off at rather inconvenient times. If VW could engineer reliability into their cars like Honda or Toyota do, I'd still be driving one. Great cars, until they start to break.

Steve-who likes VWs, really; but just doesn't want to pay to keep one on the road.

Remember that Porsche owns the controlling stake in the Volkswagen Auto Group, which in turn owns not only controlling stakes in Volkswagen, but also Audi, Bentley, Bugatti and Lamborghini. As a result, it is probably more accurate to refer to the Bugatti as a Porsche than a Volkswagen. In addition, five of the six "Porsche" nameplates are considered premium autos in the US and are not rebadged Volkswagens. The Bugatti has a complety different engineering and design group than Volkswagen, as does Porsche, Bentley, Audi and Lamborghini. I would be surprised if the Bugatti shares a single common component with a Jetta. Notwithstanding, having parked Audis, Bentleys and Lamborghinis in my driveway, I do agree that they are not as reliable as Honda and Toyota. However, they are much more reliable than people think, its just that the repair times are much longer than Honda and Toyota. But the purchase price of the Porsche subsidiary cars, except for Volkswagen, include all maintenance and repairs for the first 100,000 miles, and a loaner. As a result, while the "Porsche" subsidiary cars I have owned are typically in the shop once a year for a repair, which usually takes about 10 days to complete, it is not as inconvenient as the more reliable Toyotas I have owned. With that said, my current daily driver is an Audi, and my wife is driving a Toyota. So who knows?

Kevin

BumbleBeeDave
02-25-2007, 05:41 PM
. . . bring that Lambo to Open House in June? Since Ahneida Ride smoked the tranny in McKeon's M3 a few years ago it's been very hard to keep him amused at Owner's Weekend . . . ;)

BBD

huey
02-25-2007, 06:26 PM
I've had the opportunity to see one of these in person and listen to the engine. It is unquestionable the most amazing vehicle that I've ever seen, and I work at an Audi dealer that is next to a Ferrari, Maserati, Bentley, and Rolls dealer. The Bugatti is kinda of small, about a foot longer than a 997. If you ever have the opportunity to see one in person, I'd highly reccomend it. Also, If anyone has any questions regarding vehicles, please let me know.

Brad

Kevin
02-25-2007, 06:42 PM
. . . bring that Lambo to Open House in June? Since Ahneida Ride smoked the tranny in McKeon's M3 a few years ago it's been very hard to keep him amused at Owner's Weekend . . . ;)

BBD

If I can figure out how to get the bike to Saratoga, I will bring the Gallardo. I purchased an 06 with a couple of friends and we split the expenses and the driving time. With dance lessons, ice skating, gymnatistics, etc. my weekends are usually booked with the kids; so my wife only allows me to escape every few weekends anyway. As a result, the informal timeshare with similarly situated friends has worked out pretty well. Maybe if I remove both wheels from the bike it will fit on the passenger seat.

Kevin