Ken Robb
05-24-2004, 01:25 PM
see the rides and gathering Serotta Forum

Jeff N.
05-24-2004, 07:26 PM
Huh? Jeff N.

Ken Robb
05-25-2004, 10:36 AM
I got Frank at the Del Coronado, drove to the foot of Catalina Blvd. We put him on the 63cm Allrounder and me on 62cm Rambouillet and rode up the hill to the tip of Pt.Loma where we enjoyed the view of all of San Diego Bay, Downtown, Coronado Islands, and the ocean. Bombed back down the hill went to Ocean Beach, then along the river to Sportsman's Seafood by the Islandia for Ahi tacos and a pint. Cut through some of the bayfront paths, through Seaworld parking lot toward Fiesta Island, back westbound on the river path and back to the car. I dropped Frank at the bus stop at Broadway and Harbor Drive. The #901 goes right to the Hotel Del Coronado and I avoided the rush of employees going home from North Island NAS. It was about 67 degrees with scattered thin clouds--perfect for cycling. It's a good thing to see your favorite places with a newcomer to refresh your realization of how really beautiful they are. We sometimes get a little "Ho-Hum, another day in Paradise' attitude. Frank said in the MIdwest they have only had a few sunny days in the last month and LOTS of rain so it was a real treat for him too.

H.Frank Beshear
05-27-2004, 07:18 AM
Thanks Ken, We got back wednesday and woke up to chances of showers and thunderstorms :crap: .It was a pleasure to meet you and ride with you. San Diego is a wonderful place to ride, and I look foward to our next visit there. Take care Frank

Ken Robb
05-27-2004, 12:45 PM
I had a great time too. If there are any other visitors heading to SD I'll try to help you get in some riding too.

Spectrum Bob
05-27-2004, 02:41 PM
Ken,
I will be in San Diego the last weekend of July and would love to take you up on that.
Spectrum Bob

Ken Robb
05-27-2004, 02:43 PM
our vacation plans aren't made yet but we'll do it if I'm here. Will you have a bike or need a loaner?

Spectrum Bob
05-27-2004, 03:28 PM
I will need a loaner, can I contact you off line?

Jeff N.
05-27-2004, 04:53 PM
Count me in too. I'd like to hook up with you guys. Jeff N.