PDA

View Full Version : Frame Testing in SD Ottott OUT?

mso
02-22-2007, 09:52 AM
A friend of ours was out riding one of our local bike routes yesterday and came across a group from Shimano doing some frame and possibly component testing. He as a little chat with this person (no idea who this person is or what position he has with the company) and he had this to say..

as their Ti/carbon frames have been a big sales disappointment."

MMM....Is the Ottott a frame of the past?

pdxmech13
02-22-2007, 10:21 AM
I would have to believe just the opposite.

campy rules

Sandy
02-22-2007, 10:28 AM
[QUOTE=pdxmech13]I would have to believe just the opposite.

The "disappointment" or "frame of the past" part?

Shimano Serotta Sandy

Serotta PETE
02-22-2007, 11:17 AM
The Ottrott is still selling VERY well. A friend of mine just got one and if I recall correctly Paul levine set some type of sales record for them.

If I bought another frame now - it would be an OTTROTT or a MEVICI :cool: :) :rolleyes: :D Probably the OTTROTT

Sandy
02-22-2007, 11:25 AM
The Ottrott is still selling VERY well. A friend of mine just got one and if I recall correctly Paul levine set some type of sales record for them.

If I bought another frame now - it would be an OTTROTT or a MEVICI :cool: :) :rolleyes: :D Probably the OTTROTT

If I bought another frame now, it would be an all steel CDA. If I bought Bailey a frame, it would be a CRB. In case you don't know what that is Pete, it is a new Secret Serotta Special, made entirely of Cinnamon Raisin Bagels. If Bailey got tired of cycling or just hungry, he could eat it.

Sesame Seed Sandy