PDA

View Full Version : Fitting in the Mid Atlantic

USNA92
02-21-2007, 08:03 PM
Hi,

I'm looking for a good place for a fitting in the Mid-Atlantic Area. Maryland, Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey, Northern Virginia. I'm sure there are good fitters and bad, so instead of just going through the list on the website, I thought I would ask for here for first hand knowledge of good fitters in the area. Also, can a person actually walk into the factory and get fitted? What should I expect it to cost?

Thanks

rnhood
02-21-2007, 08:27 PM
You can get fitted at Spectrum Cycles and, from what I understand it's one of the best. Lotta knowledge and competence around the barn.

http://www.spectrum-cycles.com/

flydhest
02-21-2007, 09:48 PM
Smiley is an active member of this forum and is in Kensington, MD. Just outside of DC.

Serotta PETE
02-22-2007, 05:40 AM
I second SMILEY and MIKE from CYCLESPORT in PARKRIDGE NJ 201-391-5269

None better.................

:cool:

stevep
02-22-2007, 06:25 AM
where in the mid atlantic? near iceland?

Climb01742
02-22-2007, 06:54 AM
smiley.

spincycle
02-22-2007, 07:21 AM
As a Spectrum owner I can attest to the overall great experience it is interacting with Tom Kellogg and Jeff Duser. They are wonderful human beings and total professionals. Tom will fit you, design the bike and if it's steel it will be built there at the barn, otherwise the Ti bikes are welded at Merlin. After having had the experience of having a master fit, design and build the bike, ATMO I think it is a very tough combination to beat in terms of getting the bike that fits you in every respect (position, geometry and tubing selection). As an aside, I had been experiencing knee pain and I went to see Andy Pruitt. His opinion of my Spectrum was something to the tune of; it was one of the best adaptations to a tough fit (me) that he had ever seen. A great tribute to the great bike TK designed and built for me.

flydhest
02-22-2007, 07:30 AM
I would hasten to add, that I in no way wanted to dispute Tom's ability. He's a great guy and a true master at what he does. I inferred (perhaps wrongly) that the OP just wanted to show up and pay someone for a fitting. I don't know if TK does that or not outside of someone getting a Spectrum.

TK is one of the greats--both in terms of the bicycle industry and as a human being. Plus, he roasts a mean batch of coffee.