PDA

View Full Version : ANOTHER new bike for Kerry??? . . .

BumbleBeeDave
05-24-2004, 10:17 AM
Here's a pic from today's AP wire with caption. Looks like an ST Legend or Concourse to me. Dig the paint . . .

BBDave

<<<Democratic presidential candidate Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., pedals his bike after leaving a local bike shop, Saturday, May 22, 2004, in Belmont, Mass. (AP Photo/Charlie Neibergall)>>>

Adam
05-24-2004, 10:49 AM
Looking at the profile of the DT, I would say that the frame in question is the CXII w/ the Carbon Stays.

Adam

JohnS
05-24-2004, 11:00 AM
I thought he liked orange and yellow. Is this new "patriotic" red, white and blue a ploy to get votes? Sorry for being cynical, but I've been around for too long...

bulliedawg
05-24-2004, 11:00 AM
On Chris Matthews's show last week Pat Buchanan said that Kerry needs to take advantage of the President's bad poll numbers by getting in touch with the common man, and he said, "Riding a $5,000 bicycle is not the way to do it."

So, does that mean we're not "common" people? I drink beer, watch sports (for a living), I even went to my first NASCAR race at Charlotte on Saturday. Sounds pretty common to me.

Tom
05-24-2004, 11:54 AM
Heh heh.

sfscott
05-24-2004, 01:27 PM
he's flip-flopping again :)

Dekonick
05-24-2004, 02:17 PM
Hey - it could be a Trek!

At least its got the Big "S"

:D

Keith A
05-24-2004, 03:56 PM
It got Kerry's name on the down tube, so as to appear that this is a "John Kerry" brand. Just like Gore invented the Internet, we now have a John Kerry bike.

Johny
05-24-2004, 04:12 PM
Damn, that one has ShimaNO on it

Upon closer examination, the components are also made by "John Kerry" in USA, not by "Shimano" in Japan.To the best of my knowledge, it is the only company which produces high-end bike frames and components. :D

J.M. White
05-24-2004, 04:21 PM
I think that's a damn fine paint job and I'd like to have one just like it (minus the Kerry name, of course). I do question whether the Sen should have his name on the bike--seems like he'd be a sitting duck for a bubba in a big SUV or one of the NRA boys out in their pickups.

Johny
05-24-2004, 04:31 PM
Keith A,

Can we see a G. W. Bush bike? :D

Keith A
05-24-2004, 04:38 PM
Johny -- I'll have to work on that one tomorrow at lunch.

BTW, what's the deal with the little mark at the end of Kerry? Also, did you notice the top tube says "Bring it on"?

dirtdigger88
05-24-2004, 04:40 PM
I think that's a damn fine paint job and I'd like to have one just like it (minus the Kerry name, of course). I do question whether the Sen should have his name on the bike--seems like he'd be a sitting duck for a bubba in a big SUV or one of the NRA boys out in their pickups.

See those suv's in the back ground? can you say WELL ARMED GUARDS

I don't think anyone will be taking pot shots at the geek on a bike.

Jason

SBash
05-24-2004, 04:48 PM
George W on his bike after dying his hair!

Bill Bove
05-24-2004, 06:30 PM
The guy drove his swift boat into enemy fire to pull a wounded Green Beret out of the water in Viet-Nam. I think he can handle a dumb ass in a pick up. If not the Secret Service will. :cool: Maybe my next bike will be a "John Kerry" just to ruffle some feathers. In any case that bike has to be the worlds most exspensive bumper sticker. I wonder if it was paid for with campaign funds? :no:

BumbleBeeDave
05-24-2004, 08:45 PM
. . . that’s sure to go on in this campaign, that white bar tape is not going to last long! ;)

BBDave

PanTerra
05-24-2004, 09:02 PM
He just has that uncanny resemblance to Gomer Pyle. :bike:

Disclaimer: This picture is in no way intended to insult Jim Nabors or the distinguished service record of Pvt. Gomer Pyle.

BumbleBeeDave
05-24-2004, 09:04 PM
. . . he really looks more like TooTall. Come to think of it, I never have seen them both together . . . ;)

BBdave

bikinchris
05-24-2004, 09:22 PM
My big complaint is that the helmet has has on is so badly adjusted that it is useless. I don't understand riders who refuse to be seen without a helmet who have no idea how to adjust it. Doesn't someone at the bike shop know how to make it look like he knows what he is doing? Or is all they care about that he bought the bike and the helmet there?