PDA

View Full Version : New Challenge for znfndl, Too Tall, and the Queen

Sandy
02-20-2007, 03:43 PM
So when you finish your cycling trip across the US by bike this summer, I have a new challenge for you- Three runners, an American (44), a Canadian (38), and a Taiwanese (30) just completed running the equivalent of 2 marathons a day, for 111 days, as they crossed the Saharah Desert, for a total of 4000 miles (6437 kilometers). I will set up a training schedule for you so that you can do it in say about 100 days.

Saluki Sandy

Serotta PETE
02-20-2007, 04:29 PM
Sandy, i assume that you will also participate in the training and in most instances show them how to do it - by your example....

Smiley is betting on you....

Sandy
02-20-2007, 04:32 PM
I will definitely be there during the training. Look for me in that tank. Great for desert work (mine is fully air conditioned). I stole it from the local military base.

Saluki Sandy

Kevan
02-20-2007, 04:35 PM
this ugly mirage is about to vaporize. Sandy approached me asking that I please stay with him at the oasis and peel dates for him.

Well, I'll tell ya...I've peeled once too often...the last date I offered him. I understand he's smitten with a certain camel now. Apparently, it has something to do with her toes.

Too Tall
02-20-2007, 07:28 PM
Me thinks you've mistaken me for a total nut job Snandy? Dewd, I wasn't born crazy. What you see took nearly 50 yrs. of hard work!!!! Besides, running is sort of undignified and...welll...frankly...lugless :(

DarrenCT
02-20-2007, 07:31 PM
this ugly mirage is about to vaporize. Sandy approached me asking that I please stay with him at the oasis and peel dates for him.

Well, I'll tell ya...I've peeled once too often...the last date I offered him. I understand he's smitten with a certain camel now. Apparently, it has something to do with her toes.

kevan, i wuz up in your neck of the woods today i think. i road route 22 for awhile near brewster and goldens bridge. you ever ride up that way?

-d

Kevan
02-21-2007, 07:43 AM
kevan, i wuz up in your neck of the woods today i think. i road route 22 for awhile near brewster and goldens bridge. you ever ride up that way?

-d

Surely do, Darren...it's "Purdys" up there. Heck, thar practically ain't a piece-a-pavement I ain't touched in these here parts. Just not so much these past couple weeks, what with the road conditions deterioratin' 'n' all.

I get a lot a folks yelling at me to get off their driveways too.