PDA

View Full Version : "Fitting"

ZippRider
02-19-2007, 09:11 PM
What is the procedure for getting fit for a bike? How much time does it take, few hours, a week??? Any ideas will help

C5 Snowboarder
02-19-2007, 09:15 PM
What is the procedure for getting fit for a bike? How much time does it take, few hours, a week??? Any ideas will help

2 -3 hours

Smiley
02-19-2007, 09:41 PM
Depends on how off your current fit is . 2 Hours for the first session , If your making changes then after the changes are prescribed another hour to tweak those changes during another session. That's my take on it for a re-fit of an exsisting frame. New bike 2 hours to do the first cut and 1 hour afterwards to review the draft and check for any changes as a minimum.

dbrk
02-19-2007, 10:23 PM
I'll give you the apostate's view. It takes a lifetime, there isn't _one_ fit anymore than there is one sort of bicycle, and your fit will change over the years. If you only ride one style of bicycle things get a bit less complex but, honestly, not much. Lots of perfectly happy folks have used many different methods. As usual, ymmv. Most folks don't need custom, but that's a whole 'nother story.

you can turn off your blow torches,

dbrk

Grant McLean
02-19-2007, 10:28 PM
I'll give you the apostate's view. It takes a lifetime, there isn't _one_ fit anymore than there is one sort of bicycle, and your fit will change over the years...dbrk

my yogi says it takes several lifetimes :)

g

Serotta PETE
02-20-2007, 06:13 AM
Douglas, you wish for the "blow torches" with the weather you are having.....

Come on down, suppose to be 60 the rest of the week. (but leave that NY winter up there....)

Hopefully CALIF will stay warm for the Hampsten camp. (last year was COLD for SOLVANG which is a week earlier.)

Stay warn and watch that ATV

Pete

I'll give you the apostate's view. It takes a lifetime, there isn't _one_ fit anymore than there is one sort of bicycle, and your fit will change over the years. If you only ride one style of bicycle things get a bit less complex but, honestly, not much. Lots of perfectly happy folks have used many different methods. As usual, ymmv. Most folks don't need custom, but that's a whole 'nother story.

you can turn off your blow torches,

dbrk