PDA

View Full Version : Folsom CA, LBS Goes Bad with a touch of Road Rage

folsom_rider
05-24-2004, 12:35 AM
Hi All, someone from Roadbike review suggested I forward this story to this group as well. Still can't believe this happened just yesterday...

-----
Hi All,

Interesting afternoon today. I went to return a jersey I purchased my wife last weekend that did not fit. You need to visualize that in one arm I am balancing our new 7 month old baby, and in the other, I am holding the reciept.

I presented the receipt and the item with all tags intact to the main worker that I have known for 1.5 years. Before even discussing the return, he states that "I have been meaning to call you this week". I ask why. He explains (in a very accusatory way) that apparently my wife damaged one of the jersey's she tried on when we were shopping and that I would have to pay for that.

I asked him to show me the item, and he stated it was not at the shop. I then explained that his accusation was false as I was with my wife when she tried on the damaged jersey in question, and it was fine when we left as I hung it back up myself.

I asked why they did not call and he stated they were going to write it off. With that in mind, I then proceeded to ask for my refund and he refused and began to lecturing me about how I should "do the right thing" since it was my fault. At this point, I was getting a bit irratated and told him to screw off and give me my money.

Here is where it gets interesting (keep in mind, I have a baby in my arms still)...This guy runs up to me from behind the counter and does one of those "get real close to your face" postures and tells me to get out of the store in a very threatening way. I could have sworn this guy was going to loose his temper and take a swing. I then looked this jerk in the face and told him not to threaten me. All he kept saying was "to do the right thing"...I did walk out and reported this jerk to the police as well as several other measures. I also did grab the jersey and my receipt.

The odd thing was, that this was all about a $44 dollar jersey. It was not about the jersey for me. That is not the point. Also, I think this guy was pissed that we did not patronize his shop very much as we just purchased two nice road bikes. But, the bottom line is they will loose so much more in business from my friends and I...Anyway, these two jokers at this shop are going to fold soon enough. With bike shop service like this, I would rather take my chances in the alleys of New York...

By the way, spread the word if you live in the Sacramento Area...Bicycle Planet of Folsom is a bunch of LOOSERS that need to get a grip and take an anger management class or two..

tch
05-24-2004, 08:00 AM
that you need to return a jersey that "did not fit" even though "I was with my wife when she tried on" jerseys. I am not going to judge, but your story doesn't read as complete. :argue:

Andreu
05-24-2004, 08:18 AM
You reported him to the police, you have the jersey, you have the choice of not shopping there again and you have told your mates in the area...I cannot see what complaining on this forum will achieve? Quit while you´re ahead.
A

dirtdigger88
05-24-2004, 08:51 AM
maybe he wants us to all email the shop with our displeasure and tell them we will never use that shop again. :no: I believe there is always two sides to the story. Without knowing what the shops take on this is, it would be hard to pass judgement. Like was said before, quit while ahead. You and your child were not hurt, you got the jersey move on. Find another shop and don't look back.

Jason

folsom_rider
05-24-2004, 09:08 AM
Hi All, thanks for the responses. I just made this post as a suggestion from another as I indicated in my e-mail. I am not trying to warn the world, just using a little freedom of speech. I realize this is not my forum, but I can tell you that what I said is true. As for why we bought the item, if any of you know, anyone can change your mind, and after my wife read that it was a mans jersey, she realized why it did not fit so well in the arms.

I have moved on and will not patronize the shop. Also, for what it is worth, this shop does not even carry high-end bikes. They deal with low-end Bianchi Felt, etc...

:confused:

BumbleBeeDave
05-24-2004, 10:05 AM
. . . will take care of their hospitality problems in due time.

I however, need to take care of MY hospitality problem immediately. Sorry if I reacted a bit too quickly and acidly. Hope you will stick around and see what our forum has to offer besides my ill-timed sarcasm . . .

BBDave

bostondrunk
05-24-2004, 10:10 AM
Dirtdigger...
Well, this strategy worked with IF when everyone and their dog from this forum emailed them to complain about something that was none of anyones business.............

dirtdigger88
05-24-2004, 11:02 AM
Well I see you are sober enough to get my sarcasm. ;) I have an issue right now that I am bitting my lip not to mention on this site because I don't want or need to involve others in my problems. I know the folks that contacted IF felt they were doing right and I think it is cool that so many respect dbrk to try and help out, but bottom line those people should have minded their own business. I don't think it is right to sling mud at a company when they are not represented to defend themselves. I know people have heard one side of issues at my company and felt compelled to tell me their opinions. Problem is that half the time they only know half the story.

Jason

folsom_rider
05-24-2004, 09:22 PM
Hi All, I appreciate the welcome notes. I know that I may have appeared to be acting like a "troll" but that was not my intent. I am also usually pretty hip on sarcasim, and normally pretty relaxed, but a bit out of state after this weekend.

All of you have good points. I have let this go and that is the end. I will visit this site and do appreciate the welcome. My wife and I own a steelie, but not a Serrota just yet. I have only drewled...

spankdoggie
05-25-2004, 03:16 AM
Apparently someone sent the Folsom guys thread via email to the owner of the store in question... Here is his story.

Originally Posted by M.J.
Hi Jason,

Thank you for sending the thread, sure makes for interesting reading. Free
speech is a great thing.

Fortunately if it goes any further what really occured was witnessed by
another customer. The Folsom resident completely lost it when he tried to
return a $50- jersey and was told we found the other jersey that his wife
had tried and he had specifically asked us not to bother hanging up, that he
would take care of it, and placed back up on the wall the week before. Maybe
he noticed that there were stains on the jersey, maybe he didn't.

A customer wanted to buy the jersey later in the day but noted two large
stains on the front inside of the jersey. It was new stock, no one else had
tried the jersey on, and certainly his wife was the only human in the store
that day with a milk flow. With small children of our own we've seen this
before and it happens. We chalked it up to the cost of doing business--under
law we can't sell clothing contaminated with any sort of bodily fluids--and
the owner had taken the jersey out of stock and home for cleaning and then
donation.

We gave the Folsom Resident the benefit of the doubt, didn't want to add to
his wife's embarrassment, and certainly don't mind that he bought a Trek
and a Specialized--the more riders the better. Maybe next time he would have
focused less on price and more on service and features and bought from us?
Well, we were optimists.

The Folsom resident's main objection in returning the jersey was that it was
a man's jersey, said it was b.s. that we hadn't pointed that out. If he had
been remotely polite we would have taken the jersey back--but he began
swearing and cursing at us. No employee that works for us has to take that
kind of abuse; certainly we don't.

He was told no judgements are made on women's breast sizes when they try on
clothing here, the jersey was clearly labeled, that he could exchange it for
the damaged jersey, but we couldn't give him money back on the jersey that
they had tried on, said had fit, paid for, and taken home for a week. The
Folsom Resident was asked politely and firmly to leave the store when he
began screaming and swearing and had to be reminded he was carrying a baby
and to do the right thing and leave. Smack him around? He may have thought
he deserved it, but only a nut case holding a baby while he shot his mouth
off would think that was coming.

Glad he took the time to post some advertising for us; yes, it's negative
but we have a supportive customer base and this probably isn't the first
time he's been banned from a private business. It's a shame. I feel
especially bad for his wife and baby. I'd bet a lot of times when he starts
yelling and cursing he gets what he wants. Sad way to go through life.

Thanks again for bringing the post to our attention. We'll take care of it.

Best regards,

Matt Colonius
GM
Keith Purser
Owner
www.BicyclePlanet.net
916.355.1234 T
916.355.8588 F

Bruce H.
05-25-2004, 05:21 AM
It was good to hear the other side of the story from Bicycle Planet. They appear to be reasonable gentlemen.
By the way, although I am not riding a "Calfee" someone should let "Folsom Rider" know that Calfee is not the "Low end" bicycle he indicates!
Wonder if he vented on the Calfee site?
Bruce H.

bostondrunk
05-25-2004, 07:11 AM
where's Roy??

djg
05-25-2004, 09:37 AM
Word of mouth has always been a fickle fact of business and the internet accelerates the good and the bad of it. Lots of small shops (and builders) benefit tremendously from the odd and unsubstantiated plug on the internet and it's not surprising that they may suffer in the same way. Personally, I take what I read here with a grain of salt, but I do take it all the same.

Dirtdigger, I didn't e-mail (or have any other communication with) IF with the dbrk business, but I did post that I thought that they were wrong to change a particular, advertised specification for the bike without clearing that with the customer. My reaction was based in part on contract reasons, but I also felt that they had dropped the ball as far as communication and agreement with the customer had gone. They are, after all, in the finicky bike customer business and if the particular brand and/or shape of the stays don't matter to all or most customers, I would venture to guess that particulars more generally do. As to whether I should have relayed my feelings to IF: well, I didn't feel the need to take up the sword in that case, but I don't see what's wrong with the posters who did.

As for the current matter: well, I don't know of the shop in question, much less patronize it, but I don't see what's wrong with the poster submitting his take on his experience here. Folks can make of it what they will (just as you have). And now I see that there's a response from the shop in question--all the better to be folded into the mix.

dirtdigger88
05-25-2004, 09:47 AM
djg

my only problem with the original post is that it is the guys first post on here and it is to bash a shop. As far as the IF issue, i have no problem with people stating their opinions about the subject, but to begin emailing IF implying their name is about to be drug through the mud is a little low brow for me. Please note I did not say YOU did any of this.

jason

OldDog
05-25-2004, 01:39 PM
Leaky tities and babies...brings back memories, back in the day when I used to race in the citizens class, with the pregnant women 8+ months. Jamming in the sprints with boobs and bellies swinging...oh, wait a second, that was a fantasy. Sorry.

PS - B'drunk, to set the record straight, when I caught my dog emailing IF I promptly "curbed" his AOL rights. See Sandy, that's what I get for adopting surfing schnawzer!

:D

shaq-d
05-25-2004, 01:48 PM
it seems clear to me the store isn't reasonable at all. reasonable stores do not, no matter what the circumstance, insinuate that a customer was/is insane. anyway, the man in question has posted his response to the response too. it's all being covered at roadbikereview.com.

as for posting this, i don't mind. let's get the censoring business over with, about who can or should or should not or cannot post about this or that topic, k?

sd

BumbleBeeDave
. . . I'M weird!! :rolleyes:

BBDave

Sandy
Better than adopting Surfing Screwball Serotta Saluki Sandy.

OldDog
05-25-2004, 01:56 PM
Sandy,

If i adopt you, does your Serotta ST come with you?
:banana: :banana:

Roy E. Munson
05-25-2004, 02:42 PM
I spoke to the folks at Bicycle Planet and it seems there was some confusion. They thought FolsomRider was crazed with anger, swearing and foaming at the mouth. Turns out it was just a milk moustache - honest mistake! :D

Serotta PETE
05-25-2004, 02:52 PM
Can we close this thread?. There is no solution and both sides have voiced their views. We are going down a very very slippery slope here, where there is no value to be gained by further discussion and potential for lots of ruffles feathers.

Second option is to discuss over beers in Saratoa (BB Dave buying!!!)

Thanks PETE

Serotta PETE
05-25-2004, 02:54 PM
ruffles = ruffled and now the first round in on me.....................PETE

BumbleBeeDave
05-25-2004, 03:16 PM
WAIT a minute!!! . . . :no:

Just for that I'm wearing the "Killer Bee" costume!

BBD

Serotta PETE
05-25-2004, 03:30 PM
THEN SPOKES BUYS THE 2nd ROUND

Ahneida Ride
05-25-2004, 05:07 PM
Dirtdigger...
Well, this strategy worked with IF when everyone and their dog from this forum emailed them to complain about something that was none of anyones business.............

Suppose your neighbor purchased a lemon. You purchase the same car
and it turned out to be a lemon also. Your neighbor did not tell you cause
he thought it was none of your Business. Now you are both stuck with
lemons. This forum is just another method of relaying information, good and
bad.

In their reply to me, IF did admit that they did not inform DBRK of the
chain stay switch. Many favorable reviews of IF frames have been posted here. So .... only favorable coments are welcome and it is also none of my
business when I act and actually purchase a frame based on favorable
reviews. One can't have it both ways.

Serotta recently suffered a similar fate. Perhaps you recall an old forum thread regarding an Ottrott whose stays were not stiff enough ? Serotta repaired the problem although the problem was in the Campy drivetrain not the stays.

This forum is a compelling reason for purchasing a Serotta. I've read few
legitimate beefs. I suspect this is because Ben and Company just don't
let problems evolve that far.

Many companies can build an exemplary frame. How many will vaporize if a
problem exists ?

Tony Edwards
05-25-2004, 05:24 PM
It's tough, perhaps impossible, to know for sure what happened here. I for one applaud the shop for at least responding to the allegation.

Having worked in an LBS, I would always be a little wary of drawing TOO much from the behavior of a single employee anyway - they are paid very little, and as such they have varying levels of competence (and I was probably a 40th-percentile Shop Guy in many respects myself).

In this instance, I suspect the true story lies somewhere in between the two versions, but if anything I tend to suspect FolsomRider was the one being hotheaded (particularly given his reaction to what had happened - was this really a matter for the police?). If I were anywhere near Folsom I would probably still give the shop a chance if they carried brands that interested me.

folsom_rider
05-25-2004, 06:24 PM
Hi all,

Just so you know, I wrote the owner offering to discuss the events from my perspective and have received no response. Also, someone commented about the fact that they carry Calfee...what they carry is the catalog.

Anyway, here is my post...This will be the last on the topic:
A few comments on the note that was posted from the owner/GM.

1. First, what gain do I have in making false accusations about a small bike shop? This little shop with just two people (owner and GM) and is the size of a small starbucks (guessing 600-800 sq ft) and is not a store I ever give much business to. I do not have any financial or any other vested interest in any other shop in the area other than the fact that I think all are better than the shop I wrote about.

2. As for the issue with the stain, ask yourself this...isn't it kind of wrong to assume that my wife is still nursing after 7 months? That is a big assumption to make. The question was never even asked, they just assumed. Also, they mentioned that someone else tried the jersey on...that was not communicated to me, and would lend that party and anyone else that goes through their store the possibility of damaging the item. Finally, they imply that I deliberatly hung the jersey back up maybe with the knowledge that it was stained...Isn't it possible I was just being polite? Also, on that same note, if that is the case, then the jersey I have (and they refused to return) would likey be stained as well. I have this jersey in tact and would be glad to post high-res pictures to validate that this is not the case.

3. Another point in question...this shop makes it look like I "lost it" about a $50 jersey (actually, a $44 jersey to be exact). Going down that path, that would make me kind of cheap I would assume. So, here are the facts...In the past 12 months, My wife and I have spent over $8K in local shops around here. I can have each shop validate my demenor and each would be happy to if needed. I try to patronize most shops and I believe very strongly in keeping business locally. As for his suggestion of being "banned" from other businesses, that is totally false. Again, this is an attack on my character, not on a business issue.

4. As far as their point regarding the justification for the return, they completely slanted that one as well. I walked in as stated, and just told them my wife did not like how if fit after all. That was it. I presented the receipt and the item in-tact with all tags, not ever worn. Only after this guy accused my wife of staining a jersey and hanging it back and telling me to do "the right thing" and pay, did I point out that he, as a customer service rep, should have acknowledged that the jersey was a mans and did not fit her under the arms correctly (too low, shows her bra strap). This was something she did not take into consideration until she tried it on again when we got home. Finally, isn't it odd that their return policy changes with each customer? The issue is, I had a legitimate return and they were trying to force me to keep the jersey and had no evidence with what they claimed.

5. As for the point that I did get upset, yes, I did. I told him to screw off, gave him the finger, and told him to give me the return. I did not have time to listen to these fabrications as I had my son in my arms. Did I yell and scream, no. It was at this point the GM came right back from behind the counter, came right up to my face, and demanded I leave in a threatening manor. It was one of those implied...if you know what is good for your type of comments. That to me is a threat, and I called him on it right there.

6. Finally (sorry for such a long post), if you notice, I never have attacked either of these people's character or family. To state that he feels bad for "my wife and my baby" is an attack on character. And to state that "it is a sad way to go through life" is definately not about business. For me, this has been an issue of business and venting my frustrations with how they treat a customer that has been going to their store for over 1.5 years. I have personally never even mentioned several other wrong things that have happened at that store. Would you say that it is wrong to try to sell my wife and I a baby trailer that other stores (and our doctor) say they are too young to be in? Would you say that it is wrong to tell us that the child is safe in the bike trailer *without* a helmet? All of this happened the same day we were in the store allegedly "staining" their merchandise. I would say that it is odd they try to threaten me through an e-mail when it is the owner who is liable for the actions of the shop.

I have been totally civil through this entire issue. I even wrote the owner yesterday stating that, since he was out of the shop, I would like the opportunity to explain my side of what had happened. To-date, no response. I have nothing to gain here...just venting. This shop does not even carry the type of merchandise I like other than odds and ends and baby trailers, and, as stated above, I would not buy from them.

To demonstrate that I am not a "nut case" I will not reply to any other messages on this thread unless requested. I am way past this, and have a great family that I love and I NEVER raise my voice to. Ask my wife, my friends, my family, and even my church pastors (who are avid cyclists).

Thanks for listening..

bostondrunk
05-25-2004, 07:20 PM
Is BBD still buying beers for everyone????!!!!

BumbleBeeDave
05-25-2004, 08:06 PM
. . . if I’m gonna get through that whole rebuttal, I had BETTER have a few beers first.

Yep, I will definitely buy the beers--for ME. The rest of you are on your own!

Sorry, bostondrunk (burp!)

BBDave

Saxon
05-25-2004, 09:25 PM
Leaky tities and babies...brings back memories, back in the day when I used to race in the citizens class, with the pregnant women 8+ months. Jamming in the sprints with boobs and bellies swinging...oh, wait a second, that was a fantasy.
:D
Damn, Spinner, I thought it was just me! :cool:
Anyway, the customer's always right...the customer's always right... repeat after me:THE CUSTOMER'S ALWAYS RIGHT.
Yes, you have to eat poo from some nut cases and it costs you money, but that's one of the things that you sign on for with a retail shop. You don't have to let someone step on the back of your neck, but you DO have to accept undamaged returned items with a receipt within a reasonable amount of time. :no:
Sax

csb
05-25-2004, 09:58 PM
oh great lets get the damn clergy in here to clean things up,
what _they do double duty as lawyers?!

please _ take your lonely 'womendontlactateafter7mnths' rump
elsewhere. accidents happen, own up to them, just as the store
needs to get over them.

getting all pissy while holding your
offing and expecting your 'enemy' to not be mean back? he asked
you to leave to protect everyone _ mostly juniors' little ass.

you had every right to go back in and request a refund if said jersey
was still tagged + in good shape even if you didnt read the
label, who knows maybe it was supposed to be a gift, they
should have given your $ back and said bye bye.

two good things have come out of this charade:
1. is the image of 'fullofmilkbreastedwomensprintingonabicyle'
2. knowing that two more of those ugly-ass sublimated jerseys
are ruined ( i assume thats what you bought _ you whine like
that kinda 'guy')

spoke, buy pete a beer for me, in apology for adding to this
morons' thread.

oh jeese almost forgot _ news flash _ the sky is falling in folsom city
argument over $44 jersey(s) worth dragging around the web.

SBash
05-25-2004, 11:29 PM
OK i will settle this!. I will buy the jersey with the stains and than the shop can reimburse the customer the $44. I will put the jersey on my dog when we go mountain biking. He likes stains!

EPOJoe
05-26-2004, 12:03 AM
And to think I was actually in Folsom this weekend for the CaliforniaMan Triathlon, only a few miles from this shop, and I missed all this! I'm local so maybe I can drop by the shop and get a close up photo of the actual stained jersey for the entire forum to enjoy at their leisure. We can use the stains as a sort of cycling related Rorschach test to determine the true level of dementia present here. ;)

BumbleBeeDave
05-26-2004, 06:35 AM
Wanna borrow my camera? ;)

BBDave

BarryG
05-26-2004, 09:21 AM
Nah, way back in this hopeless (but humorous) thread, the shop owner took the stained jersey home and washed it with the intention of donating the unsellable item to a good cause. The stained jersey is no more, I'm afraid.

Barry

keno
05-26-2004, 10:38 AM
must be nearby and offer some unique, in house, conflict resolution services, both formal and informal, that might be of use.

keno, bringing the ridiculous to even greater levels

va rider
05-26-2004, 11:14 AM
Man, this guy must know my wife. Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill.

And, I thought the hero thread was bad....

Roy E. Munson
05-26-2004, 11:27 AM
Let's not all cry over spilled milk.

BumbleBeeDave
05-26-2004, 12:06 PM
. . . everyone's efforts to keep us, er, abreast of the developments in this situation. :rolleyes:

BBDave

Roy E. Munson
05-26-2004, 12:08 PM
OK, OK, we've milked this one enough, tit's time to kill it!

BumbleBeeDave
05-26-2004, 12:13 PM
. . . to just leave it hanging, though. ;)

Serotta PETE
05-26-2004, 01:15 PM
That is a very good place to leave it

Saxon
05-26-2004, 01:27 PM
Well, seeing as we had a slow morning shift around here, EPOJoe and I decided to head over to the shop in search of the jersey anyway. The shop employee seemed like a pretty nice guy and agreed to let us take a look at it. I’m sure the guy was telling the truth when he said they had cleaned it, but if you looked really, really carefully, you could notice some light, indistinct, amorphous staining. Really just shapeless meanderings in the fabric, but still, when I strained, I could have sworn I could see some sort of image in there. I took a shot of the jersey which I’ll present below. Do YOU see anything?

bulliedawg
05-26-2004, 02:01 PM
This thread is concurrently the most useless and entertaining in the history of this forum.

Personally, I think that Folsom is suffering form postpartum delusions.

BumbleBeeDave
05-26-2004, 02:13 PM
. . . a sobbing mime . . .

I would ordinarily say I see the face of Jesus, but that might offend someone, and besides, that really only happens with tortilla shells . . .

BBDave

csb
05-26-2004, 03:41 PM
S is for soy

larryp2
05-26-2004, 09:51 PM
not Similac?

csb
05-26-2004, 09:57 PM
utter nonsense

keno
05-27-2004, 05:58 AM
I've reached my lactic threshold.

keno

Kevin
05-27-2004, 06:48 AM
I find this thread very titilating.

Kevin

pjm
05-27-2004, 08:32 AM
Oh, your all a bunch of boobs!! :D

shaq-d
05-27-2004, 02:25 PM
let's talk about this over a couple rounds. :beer:

sd

Jollymon
05-27-2004, 04:35 PM
...a couple of rounds sounds great. If my mammory serves me correctly, we could still find somewhere that would serve them to us out of jugs.

csb
05-27-2004, 05:12 PM
...that would be a place that could _support _ us

maybe 'The Brass Nipple'

keno
05-27-2004, 05:24 PM
Did I mention the leaky valve and, ulimately, a flat? Talk about being dropped and drooping.

Sandy
05-27-2004, 06:06 PM
You guys make me feel stable!

Stable Sandy

Dekonick
05-27-2004, 06:29 PM
Not much 'wiggle' room to get out of this one...

all of this 'tit for tat' well... Some may find it titilatating! :D

Elefantino
05-27-2004, 06:45 PM
but at some point, someone has to say "enough is enough" already.

I wonder who that will be. Keep me abreast.

dirtdigger88
05-27-2004, 07:31 PM
"Tig ole Bitties" ;)

Jason

EPOJoe
05-27-2004, 08:04 PM
It’s too late...it’s already ballooned out of all proportion. Someone has to harness this before it bursts! :banana:

Dekonick
05-27-2004, 08:07 PM
As you said... Its too lactate!

csb
05-27-2004, 10:44 PM
aye capum she kantake newmurrr

OldDog
05-28-2004, 07:57 AM
I may have been the first demented boob on this thread, but I see I am in good company. :D

Kevan
05-28-2004, 08:09 AM
has this thread been the place of hard knock...er, what?! :D

pjm
05-28-2004, 08:29 AM
It would be NICE to end this, but I just CAN't Stop!

weisan
05-28-2004, 10:17 AM
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."
- Galatians 5:22

:p

BumbleBeeDave
05-28-2004, 11:09 AM
. . . are you guys STILL at it? :no:

No wonder we don't have more women in the forum! ;)

BBdave

dirtdigger88
05-28-2004, 12:36 PM
Maybe if we had more women members we would not have to act like this...then again I am sure we would.

How about "bodatious"

Jason

EPOJoe
05-28-2004, 02:07 PM
It can’t last forever. Sooner or later someone will squeeze the last drop of humor out of this thread...

shaq-d
05-28-2004, 02:19 PM
enough is enough; suck it up. :cool:
sd

BumbleBeeDave
05-28-2004, 02:34 PM
. . . at this sort of thing you guys would obviously be the defending Stanley DD-Cup Champions!

Lord, I'm so ashamed! :rolleyes:

BBdave

pjm
05-28-2004, 03:08 PM
"I gave up a power tool for those things!"
John Candy's neighbor, referring to his wifes breast implants in the movie "Summer Rental".
John Candy's reply:
"Well, those can be fun for the whole family!"

vaxn8r
05-28-2004, 03:09 PM
The augmentation of this thread is amazing. Maybe it's finally time for a reduction. Then maybe you all would stop looking at it...

keno
05-28-2004, 04:37 PM
The suspension is killing me. When will this thread fall to its knees? I must admit, though, that it has made a great impression.

BumbleBeeDave
05-28-2004, 04:49 PM
. . . to call the sag wagon? :confused: :rolleyes:

BBDave

Elefantino
05-28-2004, 07:14 PM
Please support me. I'm strapped for a way to end this thread.

Dekonick
05-28-2004, 07:59 PM
Dont worry, It will end soon.

I think its been milked long enough.
Its hard to say...but I think this may finally be in a slump.

BumbleBeeDave
05-28-2004, 08:06 PM
. . . were as good at cycling as you are at coming up with bad puns, you‘d all be on the Postal team riding for Johann Bra-neel . . .

Somebody PLEASE stop me! . . .

BBDave

e-RICHIE
02-22-2008, 07:34 PM
the more things change (http://serotta.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41005) atmo...

jmeloy
02-22-2008, 08:16 PM
I think all the humor has "dried up"

William
02-23-2008, 09:19 AM
http://pixhost.eu/avaxhome/avaxhome/2007-08-08/folsom.jpg

BillG
04-15-2011, 11:29 AM
Bump. [Not for all the stupid jokes, but the indignance of the initial post and the bike store's response!]

William
04-15-2011, 12:17 PM
Bump. [Not for all the stupid jokes, but the indignance of the initial post and the bike store's response!]

I see you lifted this old one back up. :P :)

William

MattTuck
04-15-2011, 02:49 PM
I wish there was a red background for posts over a year old, or I paid closer attention to the post dates. I hate reading half a thread thinking it is new, only to find out that it's old news.

xjahx
04-15-2011, 03:04 PM
I wonder if the then 7-month old is now riding. Can we hear his side of the story, directly from the teat?

dekindy
04-15-2011, 03:06 PM
I wish there was a red background for posts over a year old, or I paid closer attention to the post dates. I hate reading half a thread thinking it is new, only to find out that it's old news.

My thoughts exactly.

rugbysecondrow
04-15-2011, 04:08 PM
Now that it is not so nippy outside, go out and ride. :D

William
04-16-2011, 10:24 AM

A thread is not dead unless Bones says... "it's dead Jim!!" ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0yXqU-w9U0

William

godfrey1112000
04-16-2011, 10:31 AM
Now that it is not so nippy outside, go out and ride. :D

agree

bobswire
04-16-2011, 10:54 AM
FYI Bicycle Planet in Folsom has weathered that storm nicely and they do carry Calfee. :^) http://bicycleplanet.net/