PDA

View Full Version : Dutch Cyclists

michael white
02-18-2007, 03:27 PM
We've talked before about cycling in Holland. Here are a couple of random photos of cyclists I snapped while there last summer. Both are severely cropped; sorry, I'm limited in this area. The girl was riding past a cafe where I was sitting outside the Rijksmuseum. Sorry I couldn't include her funky bike or her flip-flops, or the big bag of shopping on her handlebars. She wasn't smiling, I think because she saw me aiming a camera at her without permission.

michael white
02-18-2007, 03:30 PM
Here's another. I saw this guy riding past me on an old bike with a backpack on the front, and his daughter on the back. She was sleeping, and I loved the way he was riding along with her head cupped in his hand. I hopped on my bike, chased him down, which took a few blocks, whipped out a camera and asked if I could take his photo. He said yes, and this was taken at about 13 mph. It's cropped way down.

Bill Bove
02-18-2007, 04:28 PM
We've talked before about cycling in Holland. Here are a couple of random photos of cyclists I snapped while there last summer. Both are severely cropped; sorry, I'm limited in this area. The girl was riding past a cafe where I was sitting outside the Rijksmuseum. Sorry I couldn't include her funky bike or her flip-flops, or the big bag of shopping on her handlebars. She wasn't smiling, I think because she saw me aiming a camera at her without permission.

That got me a restraining order :(

michael white
02-18-2007, 04:38 PM
yeah, I was trying to be subtle. But I just couldn't help it.

BoulderGeek
02-18-2007, 04:47 PM
I recall sitting in a cafe in Amsterdam in the summer of 1992.

I thought, "That's the most beautiful woman I have ever seen" as a stunning blonde rode by. Ten seconds later, I professed that the next one was the most beautiful. And then the next.

And so it went, all afternoon, as the sun went across the sky and the Carling flowed.

Heaven for spectator sports.

slowgoing
02-18-2007, 05:10 PM
I'd like to ring her bell.

gdw
02-18-2007, 05:21 PM
"That's the most beautiful woman I have ever seen" as a stunning blonde rode by. Ten seconds later, I professed that the next one was the most beautiful. And then the next.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaucQGFhYdA&mode=related&search=

ada@prorider.or
02-18-2007, 06:57 PM
"That's the most beautiful woman I have ever seen" as a stunning blonde rode by. Ten seconds later, I professed that the next one was the most beautiful. And then the next.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaucQGFhYdA&mode=related&search=
cannot be tru its not even dutch bear!!