PDA

View Full Version : TI Post in Alu frame: Galvanic corrosion a worry?

BdaGhisallo
02-16-2007, 06:58 AM
I have done a search of the archives and can't find anything addressing a ti post into an aluminum frame. Lots of chatter about ti into ti and carbon into everything!

So what's the word on ti posts in alu frames? Will regular Phil Wood grease do the trick and keep them as separate components or should I get the copper anti-seize? I have both, but the grease is a little easier to clean up after installation.

dave thompson
02-16-2007, 08:35 AM
In your climate I would worry about galvanic corrosion of Kleenex against my nose!

Seriously though, I would *at least* us a goodly amount of grease on the seatpost. I'm the kind of guy who removes my seatposts frequently, so for me I think the greasing would suffice. If you are the 'set and forget' kind, I would advise ti prep or anti-seize.

PS: I would love to be in your climate now!

BdaGhisallo
02-16-2007, 10:47 AM
Yep I bet you would. We do gets lots of rain in the winter, but you never have to shovel it! Our weather hasn't been great of late. Lots of rain and 40 mph breezes. It's still ok to ride in though. In fact, I just saw our local 'pro' Tyler Butterfield out training. He has joined Team Slipstream this year. He looked like he was having a ball with his $9.99 pvc raincoat.

I alternate Christmasses up at my in-laws' in Toronto and that cold is enough for me. I don't know how I survived four years of university in Kingston, Ontario. Can you say "lake effect snow"? In americanese I think it translates to Buffalo, NY.

Cheers and thanks for the chemical advice.