PDA

View Full Version : raffled peg winner?

swoop
02-15-2007, 02:42 PM
so what are the odds a forumite wins the Peg from the drawing tonight? it is tonight isn't it?

fess up.. how many tickets did you buy..? i think might have done 7. i can't remember....

Fat Robert
02-15-2007, 02:45 PM
i bought 20 back in december

there is no way i'll win the bike -- raffles are a sucker's game

i like thad and didn't have any qualms about giving his team 100 bucks.

obtuse
02-15-2007, 02:58 PM
raffles tonight in boston at big city on brighton avenue at 9pm. everyone is welcome to attend and i'll buy you a beer if you lose.

obtuse

davids
02-15-2007, 03:19 PM
Great! I'll pick my beer up on Saturday.

If I lose, that is...

Ginger
02-15-2007, 03:45 PM
I donated enough for five tickets. Donation because I don't win raffles.

(and a stock peg won't fit me no way no how anyhow--no matter what obtuse does with the stem it would certainly be too short. )

Serotta PETE
02-15-2007, 03:46 PM
Ginger has won a bottle of red and all she has to do is come to Raleigh to collect.... :D ;)

(and a stock peg won't fit me no way no how anyhow--no matter what obtuse does with the stem it would certainly be too short. )

obtuse
02-15-2007, 03:47 PM

ginger-
if you win we'll have dario build you a bike that fits.

obtuse

Ginger
02-15-2007, 04:08 PM
ginger-
if you win we'll have dario build you a bike that fits.

obtuse
Awww...That's sweet!

Thanks!

djg
02-15-2007, 04:40 PM
I bought a handful of tickets. It's a real enough chance that the tickets work as a prop to a nice little daydream, but, as with all raffles, if I weren't glad enough to donate the ticket money to the recipient, I wouldn't play.

Frankly, I hope the bike is won by ... oh, what the heck, somebody entirely undeserving, like me. I mean, heck no I don't expect to win, but I'd sure like to. I'll have to take a raincheck on the beer in the highly likely event that I lose--come on down to DC and I'll buy the draft of your choice (or serve up one of my last few Serotta brand beers).

fstrthnu
02-15-2007, 04:48 PM
raffles tonight in boston at big city on brighton avenue at 9pm. everyone is welcome to attend and i'll buy you a beer if you lose.

obtuse

I thought it was at 8?

Justin

Chris
02-15-2007, 05:00 PM
8 central. Welcome to the midwest

obtuse
02-15-2007, 05:07 PM
I thought it was at 8?

Justin

party starts at eight. drawing at nine.

obtuse

davids
02-15-2007, 08:00 PM
Sending out...

http://www.africaalive.org/images/cd.jpg

ergott
02-15-2007, 09:09 PM
I guess I lost.

Bruce K
02-16-2007, 06:39 AM
Beuller?.....Beuller?......

Anyone heard anything yet?

BK

JonnyComeLately
02-16-2007, 12:58 PM
I'm guessing that if I haven't heard by now, I didn't win. Sigh.

Bruce K
02-16-2007, 01:14 PM
Winner was a guy from western MA who bought 1 ticket on bikereg.com

BK

Fat Robert
02-16-2007, 01:22 PM
that's awesome :banana:

i hope he really digs the bike

obtuse
02-16-2007, 02:52 PM
that's awesome :banana:

i hope he really digs the bike

doofus-

we also had some raffles for some other crap that you had to be at the event to win. your name got pulled for every single one....but you weren't there. thought you'd like to know that. so close yet so far......

obtuse

Fat Robert
02-16-2007, 02:57 PM
doofus-

we also had some raffles for some other crap that you had to be at the event to win. your name got pulled for every single one....but you weren't there. thought you'd like to know that. so close yet so far......

obtuse

I'm big in Boston, yo

manet
02-16-2007, 03:05 PM
I'm big in Boston, yo

cop'ius square

Bill Bove
02-16-2007, 06:51 PM
I'm banned in Boston :(

Fat Robert
02-16-2007, 07:24 PM
work with me, obtuse

a bike i don't need

but c'mon...send me a retread tire...unwashed socks...an autographed picture of munsons' dog....

obtuse
02-16-2007, 07:35 PM
work with me, obtuse

a bike i don't need

but c'mon...send me a retread tire...unwashed socks...an autographed picture of munsons' dog....

you got it man.

seriously though folks thanks for everyone on this forum who bought tickets. you guys were a huge huge percentage of the overall entries and our club team raised a bunch of money.

obtuse

Fat Robert
02-16-2007, 07:43 PM
seriously though folks thanks for everyone on this forum who bought tickets. you guys were a huge huge percentage of the overall entries and our club team raised a bunch of money.

obtuse

that's awesome, pt. 2

personally, i was happy to give my 100 bucks to a club that actually races, than to the local bunch that puts on a great race, but basically doesn't give a crap about racers

go get em, IBC

Bittersweet
02-16-2007, 07:47 PM
you got it man.

obtuse
You're welcome. Great cause. I wanted the bike but really didn't need it. Hopefully the winner really did.

obtuse
02-16-2007, 07:53 PM
You're welcome. Great cause. I wanted the bike but really didn't need it. Hopefully the winner really did.

he does. he was trying to put together some funds to buy a used specialized allez because he wants to start roadbiking again after a long hiatus.

i really thought ergott was going to win....but then again i also expected vdb to win a bike race last year so don't ever bet with me.

obtuse

davids
02-16-2007, 08:24 PM

obtuse
Now I'm getting all verklempt... :beer:

ergott
02-16-2007, 09:25 PM
he does. he was trying to put together some funds to buy a used specialized allez because he wants to start roadbiking again after a long hiatus.

i really thought ergott was going to win....but then again i also expected vdb to win a bike race last year so don't ever bet with me.

obtuse

I consider myself a winner because I know you guys will put my donation to good use. I think the only way I'm getting a Peg is if I pony up. I just hope he is still making bikes when I can actually afford one. That's one bike I really want.

:beer:

Bittersweet
02-17-2007, 07:07 AM

obtuse

That's great. I live in W.MA so maybe I'll see him on the road.