PDA

View Full Version : Cookieguys Maiden Voyage -- Legend ST

cookieguy
05-22-2004, 10:54 PM
After 7 weeks I *finallly* am the satisfied owner of a Legend ST. I took the inaguaral ride with a couple friends on a lovely Colorado spring day. Initial impressions
-- The fitter at the LBS did a great job
-- Bike just disapears underneath me, it goes where pointed NOW without being twitchy
-- Favorable impressions on ride quality
-- Campy Eurus wheels, accelerate really nicely only thing close I have ridden is a old set lightweight Mavic tubulars
-- Low speed maneuvering with toe clip overlap (only ~1 inch) keeps ones attention
-- First set of clipless pedals (yes I am a luddite at times...clips and straps work just fine...) they allways seem to be up side down. I haven't yet figured out the equivalent of the "flip" that I comfortable with on my old bike.
-- Terry Fly Ti saddle feels great
-- Candy apple red to cobalt blue fade works just fine for me....

Tomorrow I head west into the foothills and do some real climbing.

Photos coming soon.

Grinning ear to ear....

BumbleBeeDave
05-23-2004, 09:04 AM
Congratulations!!

BBDave

Smiley
05-23-2004, 12:49 PM
why not cookie monster cookie guy ? Glad it went we'll , and enjoy the miles to come.

Kevin
05-23-2004, 03:59 PM
Enjoy it.

Kevin

Ken Robb
05-25-2004, 11:40 AM
if the new pedals continue to annoy you and you still want clipless try Speedplay, Bebop, SPD double sided mountain bike pedals, etc. They are never upside down.

va rider
05-25-2004, 11:42 AM
Your no luddite if you own a Legend ST!

congrats.

Todd Owen
05-25-2004, 11:50 AM
congrats on the new ride. are you on the front range near boulder? If so you would need to be no flour, soy cookie guy! I really enjoy my regular legend and Fred at Wheatridge did a great set up for me! I do notice the Legend Ti feels more stable on the decents than my steel frames.