PDA

View Full Version : Open House Roll call 2007

Smiley
02-14-2007, 05:06 PM
Time to get the probable head count in.
The Springs Motel is SOLD out so that's about 28 rooms mostly gone to smart Forumites that booked early. Check with Hilton and Marriott as well as local B&B's in the area. So who's in ???

Smiley and Karen (for sure)
Rapid Tourist
Tom "Mr handy Man from DC" ( from Nottrott weekend ) plus roomie
Jay and Jannette H. ( again Nottrott weekend people )

I think Nottrott exposed some of the nut cases that can be found at a Serotta Open House so Saratga get ready we'll be coming with a Large DC area contingent of folks ( I know GD2002 will be there too )

Sandy and Gloria ??

SPOKE
02-14-2007, 05:27 PM
i'm in! Pete is too.
the Selisker brothers may show too
just might even be able to get Greg to make the trip.

Len J
02-14-2007, 10:10 PM
Ella May be in.

Len

RABikes2
02-14-2007, 10:55 PM
Well, this is a maybe, but it's looking like a big, strong maybe. ;) I'll need a roommate though if I do go. Ginger, if you haven't already got one, want to share the expense of a room?
RA

Sandy
02-14-2007, 11:19 PM
Hopefully, but I won't know for a while.

Sandy

William
02-15-2007, 08:13 AM
I don't want to scare people away so I won't say at this point. But, I have a room lined up just in case.

William

Unca Unca Unca UncaRay :cool:

Tom
02-15-2007, 08:15 AM
So after I get beaten like a rented mule I may stop by. Maybe I won't be too ashamed of myself to ride on Sunday.

Bruce K
02-15-2007, 08:16 AM
:crap: :crap: :crap: :crap:

nm

BK

hypnos
02-15-2007, 08:53 AM
I'm in.

johnmdesigner
02-15-2007, 09:02 AM
I'm at the Bates - see you there.
Any snow predicted for June? :D

Serotta PETE
02-15-2007, 09:16 AM
Please post (if you can) in your local bike club news letter....

Dates are June 8th-10th

ride at 2 on 8th
ride at 9 or 9th
ride at 9 on 10th....

All rides and events at SEROTTA FACTORY

BBQ and drawings on the 9th..THERE Will BE A CHARGE FOR THIS and will be listed on SEROTTA.COM in the future...

IF you are unable to post, I would appreciate if you could send me your club address and contact and I will have someone from SEROTTA contact them

pmckeon@bellsouth.net

THANKS

BumbleBeeDave
02-15-2007, 02:51 PM
. . . one way or another. The St. Charles and St. Francis motels are right next door and also have good, inexpensive rooms.

Smiley . . . do you still want me to design ride routes? I'd be happy to do it, but I will need some info on how many rides, what lengths, how much climbing, etc . . .

BBD

Serotta PETE
02-15-2007, 03:09 PM
Yes,,,we still need you to disign routes and we need to talk about pictures.

Routes Friday will be 30
SAT 32 + Metric
SUN 30 +-

THANKS DAVE///// I can come up on APRIL to give a hand if you need it.

. . . one way or another. The St. Charles and St. Francis motels are right next door and also have good, inexpensive rooms.

Smiley . . . do you still want me to design ride routes? I'd be happy to do it, but I will need some info on how many rides, what lengths, how much climbing, etc . . .

BBD

Climb01742
02-15-2007, 03:20 PM
i'm in. i'll be arriving thursday. maybe a ride that afternoon? zoinks, hotels are booking up for that weekend. if folks wanna come, book soon.

Serotta PETE
02-15-2007, 03:32 PM
We will be there Thursday also.........PETE

(Mark and Phil say they can not wait for the hills....they love going up them more than down them....I heear Mark has a bottle of red (yes he is as bad if not worse than me) on no one will beat him on the hill. His brother PHIL says no one can beat him down the hill - - and he has also been knows to make red disappear (BUT NO WHERE NEAR AS FAST AS FLYDHEST!!!)

i'm in. i'll be arriving thursday. maybe a ride that afternoon? zoinks, hotels are booking up for that weekend. if folks wanna come, book soon.

Climb01742
02-15-2007, 03:39 PM
is fly coming? tootall? think we can talk 'em into it?

Serotta PETE
02-15-2007, 03:45 PM
Fly is thinking about it and I have not heard about too tall. Hopefully he will bring his RED bike....It does not have to be a SEROTTA and that red bike of his is one of the most beautiful that I have ever seen....And next to my polished SEROTTA ti, I will be blinded by LUST

is fly coming? tootall? think we can talk 'em into it?

Smiley
02-15-2007, 04:14 PM
Fly is thinking about it and I have not heard about too tall. Hopefully he will bring his RED bike....It does not have to be a SEROTTA and that red bike of his is one of the most beautiful that I have ever seen....And next to my polished SEROTTA ti, I will be blinded by LUST
Too Tall has a conflict is call the ride across america that he'll be doing later that month.

Ti Designs
02-15-2007, 04:22 PM
The open house is in the plan for this year. Now all I need to do is figure out how to get there, where to stay and which bike to bring...

Sandy
02-15-2007, 04:25 PM
You are one person I would really like to meet. I do not know if I will be attending, but if I do, I will be looking forward to meeting you. I hope this news doesn't make you want to change your plans. :)

Sandy

BumbleBeeDave
02-15-2007, 07:03 PM
I would be grateful for any help whatsoever with the routes, especially if it involves a planning session at any Saratoga establishment that serves both beer and RED!

At this point I am planning the ride lengths Smiley has requested, plus a few more "special" routes. There will be an "all downhill" ride for Flydhest, in line with his abilities, and also a special 100 mile "metric" for Sandy and Rapid Tourist, since they always seem to end up riding that far, anyway. :p

There will also be a ride for YOU, Pete, where only "red" bikes will be allowed and a "Sweetest Thing . . . " ride for RABikes that will visit various local candy making establishments.

I would also entertain other "special" requests! :rolleyes:

BBD

Climb01742
02-16-2007, 04:55 AM
dave, is it possible to design a route where folks actually stay together? :D

Serotta PETE
02-16-2007, 07:12 AM
The PUB ride......

dave, is it possible to design a route where folks actually stay together? :D

Serotta PETE
02-16-2007, 07:13 AM
Could not ask for a better riding partner AND she does like a "drink>>" every so often WE had a great and wet time in Georgia mountains last year.

I would be grateful for any help whatsoever with the routes, especially if it involves a planning session at any Saratoga establishment that serves both beer and RED!

At this point I am planning the ride lengths Smiley has requested, plus a few more "special" routes. There will be an "all downhill" ride for Flydhest, in line with his abilities, and also a special 100 mile "metric" for Sandy and Rapid Tourist, since they always seem to end up riding that far, anyway. :p

There will also be a ride for YOU, Pete, where only "red" bikes will be allowed and a "Sweetest Thing . . . " ride for RABikes that will visit various local candy making establishments.

I would also entertain other "special" requests! :rolleyes:

BBD

RABikes2
02-16-2007, 08:23 AM
I would also entertain other "special" requests! :rolleyes: BBD
I feel so "special"...candy establishments or the Ben&Jerry ice cream store would be nice again, Dave. I think YOU and Bruce K are the only two who remember that statement to Ben...and remind me! :p :p
Pete, let's hope this isn't anything like the wet GA ride, except for the red! ;)
RA

Serotta PETE
02-16-2007, 08:32 AM
Please make your reservations EARLY...for hotel (they can always be cancelled or redone).

Smiley is already working on alternative (in-expensive) places.....Hopefully will have at least one of those today.

Looking foward to a "dry" event and not like GA!!!

RABikes2
02-16-2007, 08:49 AM
Smiley is already working on alternative (in-expensive) places.....Hopefully will have at least one of those today.
Thanks for all your hard work! Please post when information is available. :)
RA

Climb01742
02-16-2007, 09:07 AM
searching for a room yesterday, i found this place. they have/had rooms available. i liked its location, closer to the "center" of town. YRMV.

http://www.saratoga.com/ShowLink.cfm?BusinessID=364

Smiley
02-16-2007, 09:57 AM
I feel so "special"...candy establishments or the Ben&Jerry ice cream store would be nice again, Dave. I think YOU and Bruce K are the only two who remember that statement to Ben...and remind me! :p :p
Pete, let's hope this isn't anything like the wet GA ride, except for the red! ;)
RA
NOPE RA , I remember that statement very WELL too. I can't look at your Legend in the same way anymore ;)

Smiley
02-16-2007, 09:59 AM
Just Spoke to Gail at the Springs Motel www.springsmotel.com and she said they have rooms 2 blocks away at the Annarondiac Inn 518 584 3510 , try there first. Best of luck all . Smiley

RABikes2
02-17-2007, 09:48 AM
Just Spoke to Gail at the Springs Motel www.springsmotel.com and she said they have rooms 2 blocks away at the Annarondiac Inn 518 584 3510 , try there first. Best of luck all . Smiley
FYI...
I called the Adirondack Inn and there are rooms available, but going fast. Non-smoking rooms, in the new section, start at $145 a night. Smoking rooms, in the old section, (room for 2) start at $125. To hold a room, you charge one night, non-refundable.
RA