PDA

View Full Version : Voler shorts questions

jowens
02-14-2007, 04:05 PM
I need a new pair (or 2) of shorts for spring.

Based on the overall good vibes towards Volers, I was leaning towards giving them a try. Velowear has some nice deals going on now, so that can't hurt.

2 questions:

Has anyone tried the "Cantara XM" chamois in some of the mid to higher-end shorts? Looks like this is is a new, upgraded version of the regular cantara, but new is not always better....

Anyone have the free shipping code from the back of the latest Velowear catalog? I didn't stash it away in time to keep the wife from tossing it into the garbage.

huey
02-14-2007, 08:19 PM
i haven't tried any of there new shorts, but I have teak kits from 04' that I still wear to this day. Their bibs rock, inexpensive, not a thick chamois so it doesn't feel as though you are wearing a diaper. Overall, for the price imho they can't be beat. Way better imho that Castelli, PI or Boure. I do like giordana clothing. I wouldn't hesitate to try there new stuff.

Brad

coylifut
02-14-2007, 08:34 PM
I have a set of bibs with the new chamois and although i don't perceive it as better, i don't perceive it as not as good either. i agree with huey. the shamy is very thin and comfortable. my only complaint is they seem slightly long

jowens
02-14-2007, 09:01 PM
Thanks all - good stuff so far!

I have some PI attacks and Ultrasensors, and like the fabric and fit. The blue pad is a bit too much though.

From Voler's size charts, I'm in-between a medium and large.
I'm leaning towards getting the large, at 6 feet, 170 lbs, and a 33" or so waist.

I'll call Velowear tomorrow to ask them which size they would recommend.

Louis
02-14-2007, 10:36 PM
For me Volers used to be a super deal, but they've jacked up their prices recently and consequently are no longer that attractive. At least for me I've found that for sub-2hr rides the Cantara pad is fine, but for much above that I prefer my PI's.

JO, I'm guessing that they'll tell you to try the medium. I use the Large for a waist size about 1-2 inches (depending on where we are in the riding season) larger than yours. Just a guess though. They'll obviously know better than I.

Louis

Chief
02-15-2007, 10:09 AM
I need a new pair (or 2) of shorts for spring.

Based on the overall good vibes towards Volers, I was leaning towards giving them a try. Velowear has some nice deals going on now, so that can't hurt.

2 questions:

Has anyone tried the "Cantara XM" chamois in some of the mid to higher-end shorts? Looks like this is is a new, upgraded version of the regular cantara, but new is not always better....

Anyone have the free shipping code from the back of the latest Velowear catalog? I didn't stash it away in time to keep the wife from tossing it into the garbage.

Source Code for free shipping: 701001

I have used their bib shorts for a number of years and find them satisfactory and a bargin.