PDA

View Full Version : Quote of the Day

LegendRider
02-14-2007, 10:05 AM
From a NY Times article about Team Slipstream:

“It’s an absolute severe pain for us to do, but I’ll do anything to keep from being lumped with the guys accused of cheating,” said Danny Pate, 27, a former under-23 world champion and one of Slipstream’s top riders. “I’ll give DNA. I’ll post all of my information on the Internet. I’ll do anything to help save the sport.”

Brian Smith
02-14-2007, 12:54 PM
Is what the sport needs saving from foiled by a rider providing their DNA?
I love the sport so much as it exists that tearing it down for a risky rebuild seems imprudent. What the heck, I'll keep on loving it then too.

Would a veteran at 27 be willing to make a media splash possibly in some manner harmful to their career in order to scrape up some market share pronto? Just askin...

If I hit "Submit Reply" instead of "Fenster Schliessen," then am I part of the problem?

harlond
02-14-2007, 10:37 PM
If he really wants to help, instead of giving up his DNA and contributing to the escalation of drug-testing, he should devote his efforts to forming a strong riders' union that can tell UCI and WADA to eff off.

LONE RIDER
02-18-2007, 01:51 AM
Am I wrong, I thought DNA tells you who you are and what you are made of. Don't they have to perform other specialized tests to find out what drugs you have in your chemical make up. I don't think DNA contains this post-conceivement information. What up?

jeffg
02-18-2007, 02:09 AM
Is what the sport needs saving from foiled by a rider providing their DNA?
I love the sport so much as it exists that tearing it down for a risky rebuild seems imprudent. What the heck, I'll keep on loving it then too.

Would a veteran at 27 be willing to make a media splash possibly in some manner harmful to their career in order to scrape up some market share pronto? Just askin...

If I hit "Submit Reply" instead of "Fenster Schliessen," then am I part of the problem?

als Fensterschliessen die Lösung darstellt atmo