PDA

View Full Version : Fun in the snow

Louis
02-13-2007, 03:26 PM
Nyx enjoying the snow, with Abby looking on...

David Kirk
02-13-2007, 04:40 PM
Our cat Inga does the same exact thing. She goes out into the snow and stares into the sky watching it fall and then runs around batting at the snow like a mad woman. She seems to love it. It's so much fun to watch another creature playing with pure joy.

Dave

Hardlyrob
02-13-2007, 07:13 PM
Our cat Margaret (Regina Margareta) has learned to stick her head and front feet out the cat door (while keeping her butt nice and warm) and sniff / lick the snow as it falls She'll do this for hours - too funny to watch!

Rob

Sandy
02-13-2007, 09:49 PM
OK cat people, I have a cat question for you. Why don't cat people take cats for walks like dog people? I know that cats can do their business inside, but wouldn't cats enjoy walks too? (leash and all)

Siamese Sandy

julia
02-13-2007, 09:52 PM
try it and see

shinomaster
02-13-2007, 09:57 PM
We had a crazy cat named Boncuk that thought she was dog...she would go for walks with us. No leash of course.

Louis
02-13-2007, 09:59 PM
In case this was a serious question: :)

OK cat people, I have a cat question for you. Why don't cat people take cats for walks like dog people?

When I used to live in an apartment I would take Abby (the orange tabby) for walks. Not very far, just so he could wander around and check things out.

but wouldn't cats enjoy walks too? (leash and all)

In my experience cats who haven't grown up using leashes absolutely hate them. Once years ago I tried to clip one onto Abby's collar and the minute he realized that he was being restrained he went absolutely nuts. I've never tried it again.

Now that I live in a house with a relatively large property on a dead-end street I just open the door and let them go outside on their own.

Louis

Hardlyrob
02-13-2007, 10:00 PM
Sandy;

Cats are in many cases as social as dogs. We used to go for walks around our neighborood at the time, and have two feline companions following us - at a dicreet distrance, and off the road, much like teenagers.

I have dear friends who have trained their three cats to go on walks on leashes with them. The cats seem to love it - but they are indoor cats - no accounting for taste.

Our current cat (Regina Margareta) seems to want to play with the dog and us, but isn't quite sure how to do it. She will chase the tennis ball, then loses interest after she has caught it - what to do now?...I can't kill it - it isn't alive...Hmmm, the lavendar looks interesting...

Cats just seem to think differently from dogs and two foots.

Cheers!

Feline and Canine Rob

Karin Kirk
02-13-2007, 10:11 PM
You can ask Dave about the time we took our beloved cat Poky to the park because he had been cooped up in an apartment we were living in temporarily. We didn't want to let him out on his own because he wasn't familar with the area. But Poky needed some outdoor time so we put a harness and leash on him and carried him a couple of blocks to the park. There was a pond, and some ducks, along with children playing - what's not to like?

Well - it didn't go so well. Poor Poky got spooked by all of the things we thought would be fun for him to see. He started getting freaked and trying to run away, but of course on the leash that's not really possible. So Dave was trying to be accomodating and was walking quickly behind, which made Poky run faster, so Dave broke into a run, and then Poky was like "dude, why are you chasing me?" and the whole thing was just a mess.

Poor Poky
Poor Dave

It was a little adventure that none of us ever forgot!