PDA

View Full Version : OT Geek Watch

keno
02-13-2007, 06:36 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=2864363&page=1

1 and 0 at the same time? Brings several folks to mind, mostly women, including the one I'm married to.

keno

Bud
02-13-2007, 07:51 AM
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't. :)

H.Frank Beshear
02-13-2007, 08:01 AM
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't. :)

Uhmm, that's only two types :D.

Kevan
02-13-2007, 08:33 AM
for one of these so he can better play his WOW.

Boy, do I hate that WOW!

davids
02-13-2007, 08:53 AM
..this one gets me every time.

Sandy
02-13-2007, 09:01 AM

Boy, do I hate that WOW!

Get him a BOW WOW!! Then you will have 11 BOW WOWS. I think.

BOW WOW SANDY

gt6267a
02-13-2007, 10:07 AM

Boy, do I hate that WOW!

one of my co-workers lost two years of his life to that game. he would get up at 5am, play wow for 2 hrs. come to work, go home and play wow from 5 till 2am and then get up a 5 ... he had no life, no external contact except his raiding buddies, gained 50lbs, and only talked about the game. current events, movies, books, people all of these things did not exist to him. there are many people just like my co workers.

he was addicted. finally, he saw the light and quit. if your son is showing signs of addiction, it really does happen. be careful with that game!

shaq-d
02-13-2007, 10:22 AM
he was addicted. finally, he saw the light and quit. if your son is showing signs of addiction, it really does happen. be careful with that game!

having been addicted to games myself in my youthiness, and agreeing with you big time, i just want to say that many who are not addicted to games are addicted to something which might be just as bad: TV.

games do have a social side, and when young, often games are social; friends play it, friends play together, and friends talk about the game to each other. TV is not quite as interactive/interpersonal...

sd

RPS
02-13-2007, 10:47 AM
Scary stuff. Will it be the birth of Big Brother and the end of any privacy? Not that we have much today.