PDA

View Full Version : totalcycling site. Anyone dealt with them?

Matthew
02-12-2007, 08:31 AM
Just curious if any of you have purchased items from them. I am looking to outfit a new frame with Campy parts and noticed they have record alloy cranks for $136 bucks U.S. They have some other good deals too. Thoughts on shipping, customer service, ease of payment, that type of stuff. They are located in Ireland. Thanks for any help. Matt.

BdaGhisallo
02-12-2007, 08:33 AM
Yep I have dealt with them a number of times. Great service and pricing and delivery has always been fast. If you need to contact them it is best to phone. They don't always answer email that quickly.

DRZRM
02-12-2007, 08:45 AM
Yeah,

I got some Sidi shoes from them, and what I saved in VAT more than made up for the shipping (it may even have been a free shipping sale) it was a good deal, and they delivered as promised. I had no need to get in touch with them.

djg
02-12-2007, 08:55 AM
I've dealt with them several times in the past, although not recently. There is (or used to be) a sort of threshold shipping charge, which can swamp the savings on a very small item, but they are up-front about charges and, in my experience, good to deal with. I'd pick up the phone if I had questions--I've heard mixed reports of their ability to field e-mail, but they are straightforward and helpful on the phone. As for ease of payment--they take the same credit cards everyone else does. Shipping was prompt on my orders--no real delays relative to US mail-order.

TAW
02-12-2007, 10:26 AM
Depending on the conversion rates, they usually have good prices. I only order from them on higher dollar items since the cost of shipping will negate the savings on smaller amounts. Other than one incident where I ordered something that was out of stock, they've always been good about shipping items quickly and you usually save a good amount.

morty
02-12-2007, 10:51 AM
I purchased various components from their site several months ago at a considerable savings, and the orders arrived in about four days. I don't recall the shipping charges as excessive, though my credit card company did charge me a $6.92 "foreign currency" transaction fee on the second order I placed (I guess they missed the first, larger one!).

davids
02-12-2007, 11:07 AM
I bought shoes from them several years back. They arrived quickly and were exactly as advertised.

Just don't expect them to respond to your e-mails!

Ti-Boy
02-12-2007, 03:07 PM
Bought 3T BioMorphe bars from them a few years back. No problems. Then I ordered another pair for my other bike. Seemingly big problem. Emails were not answered. When I phone, they apologized, explained to my satisfaction and made things right. I'd do business with them again.

Avispa
02-12-2007, 03:46 PM
But don't expect a lot of e-mail responses from these guys.

When I order something online, I like to get a tracking number. It helps me feel better... When I requested a tracking number from them on my last couple of orders, I got no response, but the items arrived soon.

I have been ordering from them for about two years now.

Simon Q
02-12-2007, 04:30 PM
Another vote for TS. A couple of items arrived a few days later than I would expect but that's all. Good prices. I also check www.probikekit.com although their ragne on some things is not as broad.

Blastinbob
02-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Many purchases and all have been good. Like everyone else has said email is the worst way to ask a question.

Grant McLean
02-13-2007, 02:28 PM
Our pal Brendan passing on the values!!!

Here's another great deal: Record 06 carbon cranks for $249 !! (172.5mm)

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CCY?PAGE=BUY_PRODUCT_STANDARD&PRODUCT.ID=208&CATEGORY.ID=198&MODE=&TFC=

g

BoulderGeek
02-13-2007, 05:02 PM
I just got a Campy Veloce 10 cassette from them. ~$100 savings over buying a Chorus in the States.

It was my first purchase from TS, but I was very pleased.

theprep
02-14-2007, 07:25 AM
TC has Sidi shoes that you can't get in the States. I ordered some on December 1st and they still have not arrived. I received an order confirmation email but that is it.

I called about 10 times (from work because it costs a fortune) and only got busy signals. Emailed them 3 times.

Up until this shoe order, they had been reliable. Probably used them 6 times before.

Tony Edwards
02-14-2007, 08:18 AM
I have ordered from them a few times, once about seven years ago, and again about 4 years ago. Both orders went perfectly. They were remarkably cheap when the exchange rate was favorable, but now that the dollar is so weak, their prices are less exceptional for us Yankees.

djg
02-14-2007, 08:48 AM
Our pal Brendan passing on the values!!!

Here's another great deal:

[ad deleted]

I don't know where the line is here, and if I contributed to its crossing by discussing my experience with a particular mail order shop, then I'm sorry, but it seems to me that actually posting pictorial advertisements from shops or mail order houses in the general discussion is going too far. I don't doubt that Brendan is a good guy and a reputable dealer, but if this is ok, then what's to stop all and sundry from flooding us with ads?

Grant McLean
02-14-2007, 09:30 AM
I don't know where the line is here, and if I contributed to its crossing by discussing my experience with a particular mail order shop, then I'm sorry, but it seems to me that actually posting pictorial advertisements from shops or mail order houses in the general discussion is going too far. I don't doubt that Brendan is a good guy and a reputable dealer, but if this is ok, then what's to stop all and sundry from flooding us with ads?

Sorry, deleted the image. i don't know where the line is either.

g

Marcusaurelius
02-14-2007, 10:00 AM
I've ordered several times from them and all the orders arrived within a week. There was a slight delay with some 36 hole hubs once but the shipping was very fast once the hubs were in stock.