PDA

View Full Version : Distraught! What should I do?

Archibald
02-11-2007, 06:02 PM
I went out for a short but hard 2-hour ride today. I was feeling good and finished the loop early. When I got home I discovered my wife of 10-years....man, I don't even know how to put this...this is really hard to talk about. I just still can't believe it!.....but she was....she was....she was downloading Michael Jackson's Thriller album off of Itunes!!!!

Should I just divorce her now and get it over with?

Serotta PETE
02-11-2007, 06:05 PM
Take her for a bike ride................. :rolleyes:

atmo
02-11-2007, 06:07 PM
that's lame.
i could have sent her my cd's atmo.
she sounds like a party animal.

mike p
02-11-2007, 06:09 PM
Michael Jackson!!!! you have no choice, of course start divorce pronto. No councling or other bull**** this must be terminated now!!!

Mike

Frank
02-11-2007, 06:20 PM
if I had a 12 year old son downloading anything related to MJ, but not if it was my wife.

Archibald
02-11-2007, 06:20 PM
Michael Jackson!!!! you have no choice, of course start divorce pronto. No councling or other bull**** this must be terminated now!!!

Mike
It gets worse. Now she's got it cranking on the docking station and she's shimmying around.....must....look....away....but....she's... .kicked....off....her... Keens...and....is...looking....very....cute....I'm ....so....conflicted....feeling...so....weak.....

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Serotta PETE
02-11-2007, 06:23 PM
Take for quite a few glasses of red.....................

And just think, I did not know ATMO was a part animal.....

It gets worse. Now she's got it cranking on the docking station and she's shimmying around.....must....look....away....but....she's... .kicked....off....her... Keens...and....is...looking....very....cute....I'm ....so....conflicted....feeling...so....weak.....

bostondrunk
02-11-2007, 06:24 PM
I went out for a short but hard 2-hour ride today. I was feeling good and finished the loop early. When I got home I discovered my wife of 10-years....man, I don't even know how to put this...this is really hard to talk about. I just still can't believe it!.....but she was....she was....she was downloading Michael Jackson's Thriller album off of Itunes!!!!

Should I just divorce her now and get it over with?

See what happens when you don't buy them a nice diamond ring??? I tried to tell ya..

zeroking17
02-11-2007, 06:26 PM
Don't get mad; get even.

http://tinyurl.com/2n9fj4

Archibald
02-11-2007, 06:28 PM
Don't get mad; get even.

http://tinyurl.com/2n9fj4

Dewd! Where have you been? You like disappeared.

Louis
02-11-2007, 06:28 PM

Don't stop 'til you get enough...

catulle
02-11-2007, 06:34 PM
Ha, you guys know nuttin...

mike p
02-11-2007, 06:48 PM

In this situation your allowed one last fling then end it.

Mike

Smiley
02-11-2007, 07:04 PM
Achibald , at least it was not George Michael, then you'd have issues my friend :)

atmo
02-11-2007, 07:12 PM
i'm effed.
my wife just found my secret stash on the ibook hard drive
including some chestnuts like this up-and-comer (http://www.anvilbikes.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=72) atmo -

michael white
02-11-2007, 07:17 PM
no way you're weaseling out of that. better just come clean and hope for the best.

atmo
02-11-2007, 07:21 PM
no way you're weaseling out of that. better just come clean and hope for the best.
is this for me?
no way - i'm that cat's biggest fan and i collect
his ephemera. i even have a a fake beard i put
on when the shooters are here so i can channel
his erudition atmo.

michael white
02-11-2007, 07:23 PM
does your wife know about the beard?

atmo
02-11-2007, 07:27 PM
does your wife know about the beard?
yeah - i've secretly admired the fellow since
we first met online. he gives great post and
even better email atmo. atmo he's the brightest
cat in our trade and has forgotten more that most
of our peers will ever know. and i'm not just
saying that because nahbs is coming and i wanna
get a seat near him. he's the real deal, and bilingual
at that atmo.

michael white
02-11-2007, 07:27 PM
yeah, I know. just messing with you.

atmo
02-11-2007, 07:28 PM
yeah, I know. just messing with you.
to surpass the supermaster is to repay the debt atmo -

Archibald
02-11-2007, 07:41 PM
yeah - i've secretly admired the fellow since
we first met online. he gives great post and
even better email atmo. atmo he's the brightest
cat in our trade and has forgotten more that most
of peourers will ever know. and i'm not just
saying that because nahbs is coming and i wanna
get a seat near him. he's the real deal, and bilingual
at that atmo.
Give me a frikken break! That guys a poser, just look at the picture! He's got his little Greg Lemond picture in the upper left corner; he's got some Delta brakes on the drawers, what is that Campy or a Normandy hub? Some kind of Sturmey Archer hub, no doubt some "rare" pretentious fixed gear 3-speed model and what's with those cataract glasses and look at his bloody knuckles from working out on the heavy bag no-doubt. What a tool! Somebody should go over there and kick his azz just for breathing our air! Why do we as a society let mouth-breathing redneck heathens like him even exist!!! Lets speak no more of him and try not to be too ashamed that he's the same species as us!

:butt: :butt: :butt:

atmo
02-11-2007, 07:42 PM
Why do we as a society let mouth-breathing redneck heathens like him even exist!!!

he can exist in myspace 24/7 atmo.

michael white
02-11-2007, 07:47 PM
looks like the Lemond poster is autographed.

atmo
02-11-2007, 07:53 PM
looks like the Lemond poster is autographed.
he has access. that translates into power, which reeks of sex appeal
atmo. heck - i'd have his baby if he wasn't a man of my own gender.

jthurow
02-11-2007, 07:54 PM
make sure she downloads "Off the Wall" too... I wanna' rock with you...

jimi

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/5a/MichaelJackson-OffTheWall.jpg/200px-MichaelJackson-OffTheWall.jpg

gearguywb
02-11-2007, 08:13 PM
She's outta there....next thing she will "want" you to listen to it with her...to show your sensitive side.

Shoulda stayed single

Louis
02-11-2007, 08:20 PM
I have it on good authority that those New Zealand pictures posted a while back are not Archi, but actually some poseur from CO.

Revealed here for the first time are Archibald and his lovely wife at home:
:
:

BumbleBeeDave
02-11-2007, 08:29 PM
Give me a frikken break! That guys a poser, just look at the picture! He's got his little Greg Lemond picture in the upper left corner; he's got some Delta brakes on the drawers, what is that Campy or a Normandy hub? Some kind of Sturmey Archer hub, no doubt some "rare" pretentious fixed gear 3-speed model and what's with those cataract glasses and look at his bloody knuckles from working out on the heavy bag no-doubt. What a tool! Somebody should go over there and kick his azz just for breathing our air! Why do we as a society let mouth-breathing redneck heathens like him even exist!!! Lets speak no more of him and try not to be too ashamed that he's the same species as us!

Don't hold it in, Archie . . . tell us how you REALLY feel!

BBD

csm
02-11-2007, 08:29 PM
Rangers lead the way.

obtuse
02-11-2007, 09:09 PM

i wouldn't take that guy to a gay bar.

obtuse

manet
02-11-2007, 09:55 PM
glove her

Archibald
02-11-2007, 09:58 PM
i wouldn't take that guy to a gay bar.

obtuse
You wouldn't have to, he'd probably meet you there! I heard he's the lead singer for Electric Six too!

:beer:

rwsaunders
02-11-2007, 10:01 PM
MJ says just stay cool. The flowers you buy this Wednesday are cheaper than the diamond you'll have to buy on Thursday.

zeroking17
02-12-2007, 08:26 AM
Dewd! Where have you been? You like disappeared.

I downsized my internets.

nick0137
02-12-2007, 08:52 AM
Give me a frikken break! That guys a poser, just look at the picture! He's got his little Greg Lemond picture in the upper left corner; he's got some Delta brakes on the drawers, what is that Campy or a Normandy hub? Some kind of Sturmey Archer hub, no doubt some "rare" pretentious fixed gear 3-speed model

Hey Archie! You're not the guy to ask where to get a 40 hole rim to build up my newly acquired ASC hub then? Thought not.....

Anyone else?

British
02-12-2007, 08:58 AM
Hey Archie! You're not the guy to ask where to get a 40 hole rim to build up my newly acquired ASC hub then? Thought not.....

Anyone else?

Hey Nick

Quick question about your Strong EBB. Was it a Bushnell ebb, and if so has it caused you any trouble?

Thanks, Jason.

Archibald
02-12-2007, 09:43 AM

Anyone else?
Uh, I might have a few NOS 40-hole GP4s laying around....I can't remember, I'll have to check.

Edit: Yep, I have two left. NOS Mavic GP4s, 40-spoke. I have no idea what they're worth these days. Make me an offer your wife would slap you upside the head for.

MartyE
02-12-2007, 11:50 AM
....she was downloading Michael Jackson's Thriller album off of Itunes!!!!

Hide the children atmo

Kevan
02-12-2007, 12:41 PM
that this is a subconscious response to some deep-seated animosity towards you Archie, possibly brought on by having had to roll or wheel a heavy bag-clad bicycle over some remote countryside in all weather elements, sleeping in a tent, and talking to sheep.

Now, let us take this situation back when this 'vacation', as we will call it, was first being thought out. During the process of discussing your vacation as a family, did your wife ever suggest her desires to doing something more relaxing? Let's say... a stay on a beach or attend a spa, or something of that nature?

Just a thought.

Archibald
02-12-2007, 01:11 PM
During the process of discussing your vacation as a family, did your wife ever suggest her desires to doing something more relaxing? Let's say... a stay on a beach or attend a spa, or something of that nature?

Just a thought.
Hah! When my wife was 17, she left home and rode her bike to Glacier NP from MI. By herself. She then rode up to Alaska/Denali and then back down to Missoula where she put herself through college. She cycle toured NZ for the first time '79 I think. She lived and worked for two years as "the" park ranger on Wild Horse Island.

In the mid 80's, she sewed some panniers together from a kit, mounted them up on her Ross MTB, and then managed to get herself into China and past the tourist/special economic zone. She then proceeded to ride across China until almost 9-months later when she was arrested by the Peoples Army for being in the country illegally, forced to write a self-criticism, and then deported. Undeterred, she looped back around and went to Tibet and Nepal and rode up to Everest base camp even though she was infested with blood parasites and had the hep. She made it back to the states, bought a bike in Seattle and then rode back home to Bay City, MI where her parents put her right into the hospital. She said that the ride from Seattle to MI was the hardest she'd ever done as she was so sick and weak.

The hardest core thing I saw her do was to get on a borrowed POS 10-speed with no gear, wearing just cutoff shorts and t-shirt and her Tevas and ride from Sand Point ID to Missoula on a whim. She just wanted to ride and not sit in the car. 240-miles.

We're not talking about a normal person here so the whole Michael Jackson thing shouldn't really surprise me.

zeroking17
02-12-2007, 01:17 PM
<snip>
We're not talking about a normal person here so the whole Michael Jackson thing shouldn't really surprise me.

As someone who has met Mrs. Archibald, I can assure all of you that she is Archie's better half -- by far. ;)

swoop
02-12-2007, 01:24 PM
applaud her great taste in music and be attracted to her for not moralizng or confusing music and the production values for the person.....
no one said 'healthy'people are drawn to performance or to the spotlight.... and in the end music is not a person.

i woudn't let him near my kids.. but i don't have any kids.. i woudn't by new music because.. he so lost the gift.... but that old sh*te is the sh*t.

michael white
02-12-2007, 01:27 PM
absolutely. "Thriller" was huge.

72gmc
02-12-2007, 01:34 PM
I'm not sure if he lost the gift so much as he lost himself over the years, gift included.

Archibald, your wife sounds like an incredible person. Get down and boogie with her.

Serpico
02-12-2007, 01:39 PM
I downsized my internets.

you can make the pie higher by putting internets on your cellphone

Ginger
02-12-2007, 01:40 PM
It all connects....

Isn't Madonna from Bay City?

bought a bike in Seattle and then rode back home to Bay City, MI

Serotta PETE
02-12-2007, 01:42 PM
WHEN YOU COMING TO RTP city???? Tom B and I are going to be looking for you at the Hampsten camp :rolleyes: :beer: :)

It all connects....

Isn't Madonna from Bay City?

zeroking17
02-12-2007, 01:47 PM
you can make the pie higher by putting internets on your cellphone

Whoa! Slow down there, buddy. I'm still using a wood-burning computer, and even that's losing its novelty.

I'm downsizing my weltanschauung, too. My next move will be to Buck Turgidson's abandoned bunker.

Kevan
02-12-2007, 02:19 PM

you should be doing the Moonwalk with her!

davids
02-12-2007, 02:33 PM
applaud her great taste in music ... he so lost the gift.... but that old sh*te is the sh*t.
Hmm. "Thriller" is an achievement, but it's almost machine-like with its glossy, meticulous production.

Now, "I Want (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o9DHY7cTLU&mode=related&search=)You Back (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK2TWxgFg5g) ". That's pop perfection, atmo.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/38/I-want-you-back-jackson5.jpg

nick0137
02-12-2007, 04:09 PM
Uh, I might have a few NOS 40-hole GP4s laying around....I can't remember, I'll have to check.

Edit: Yep, I have two left. NOS Mavic GP4s, 40-spoke. I have no idea what they're worth these days. Make me an offer your wife would slap you upside the head for.

You are, like so many denizens of this place, a top man.

Slaps for offering on NOS GP4s I can take. Slaps for paying for the shipping across the Atlantic I'm not so sure about. Anyone know what that'd cost? Maybe best I pass, with thanks.

MarleyMon
02-12-2007, 05:44 PM
... off of Itunes!!!!

This is the real issue, is it not? mp3 is mp atmo. vinyl is a Thriller.