PDA

View Full Version : Assos Coolmax Socks

oldguy00
02-11-2007, 04:00 PM
Anyone use them? Are they worth the extra 4-5 bucks per pair over other brands??

toaster
02-11-2007, 05:04 PM
I doubt if anyone uses them, they're so fricken expensive!

Really, they're just socks. The Assos brand is cool and says that you've spent a bunch of money on your cycling kit and the socks amount to only another piece.

Or, if I was completely outfitted in Assos bibs, jersey, cap, and jacket you wouldn't see me in Nashbar logo socks. Not that there's anything wrong with Nashbar socks!

bostondrunk
02-11-2007, 06:25 PM
I doubt if anyone uses them, they're so fricken expensive!

Really, they're just socks. The Assos brand is cool and says that you've spent a bunch of money on your cycling kit and the socks amount to only another piece.

Or, if I was completely outfitted in Assos bibs, jersey, cap, and jacket you wouldn't see me in Nashbar logo socks. Not that there's anything wrong with Nashbar socks!

I think you'd be suprised at how many people here use raffa and assos clothing....$$$$

itsalldark
02-11-2007, 08:09 PM
They look really cool, but they are no better than any other coolmax sock in my sock drawer. Just one mans opinion--------

Simon Q
02-11-2007, 08:17 PM
No better, they just look better. I have spent enough on all my other kit (bike and mainly Assos clothes) I like to finish it off, but it is for looks only.

TriJim
02-11-2007, 11:02 PM
The Assos white material becomes discolored by the usual road grime and sweat and now looks gray (even after a good washing). I haven't had this problem with other coolmax items.

While I hesitate to post this on a cycling forum, my favorite socks are Asics Kinsei or Kayano socks. They are specific for each foot (L/R), fit close for no blisters, and excellent wicking to keep your feet dry. Asics come in white, gray, or black. Good luck. :beer:

FlaRider
02-12-2007, 09:05 AM
Notwithstanding the posts above, I love Assos coolmax socks, particularly the black version, which is not prone to discoloration for obvious reasons. I particularly like the fact that it's not too thick, a disqualifying feature of certain socks for me.

crossjunkee
02-12-2007, 04:19 PM
I have several pair. Only b/c they were on closeout. They're super comfy, and the silver color is that cats meow. I would not pay retail for them though.