PDA

View Full Version : Hey Serotta!!!!

Jack Brunk
02-10-2007, 07:45 PM
Can somebody tell me why it's taking so long to a get sign off on my Meivici? I don't understand why this is happening. If you don't want to sell me one, just say so.

Jack

Smiley
02-10-2007, 07:48 PM
If it was a 58 cm frame I'd freaking sign off on it for you Jack :banana:

Then again I'd be waiting to buy it from you too :)

Jack , usually the fitter signs off on the frame sends the OK'd draft to serotta and they assign a production slot for the bike once its recorded as "approved". Maybe I don't get your gripe :)

BumbleBeeDave
02-10-2007, 07:52 PM
Be patient with Jack. Unless I am misremembering, he doesn't have any other bikes! ;)

Weren't you all impatient to get your first bike? :rolleyes:

BBD

Jack Brunk
02-11-2007, 12:23 AM
Smiley,

I'm aware of the process. It was to be an exact copy of my existing frame with 10.5 chain stays. Nothing else was changed. My gripe is why I have to wait 10 plus days and it's still not in line. So my 5 week wait will now turn into a 7 week wait. Not cool.

Jack

Kevin
02-11-2007, 06:05 AM
Jack,

Try private communications with Serotta; pick up the telephone. I have always found them very receptive and friendly. I don't think it is effective to communicate with a company through its public forum.

Kevin

J.Greene
02-11-2007, 08:53 AM
WOW!!!

Jack,

your right, having to wait 7 weeks for a great frame is not cool...It's the effin deal of the century!!!!!!!!

wake up and calm it down a notch. Your getting a Serotta not a trek. 7 weeks or 17 is not a big deal for a for a frame made for you. Lay off the manhandling and they'll get it done.

JG

Smiley,

I'm aware of the process. It was to be an exact copy of my existing frame with 10.5 chain stays. Nothing else was changed. My gripe is why I have to wait 10 plus days and it's still not in line. So my 5 week wait will now turn into a 7 week wait. Not cool.

Jack

mike p
02-11-2007, 09:00 AM
Jack,

Try private communications with Serotta; pick up the telephone. I have always found them very receptive and friendly. I don't think it is effective to communicate with a company through its public forum.

Kevin

Going by the "rules" serotta does not encourage private communications, they want everything done through a dealer. Anytime I've called they have been helpful but I feel like I'm going above the chain of command.--That said with the amount of green jack has forked over to serrota I'm surprised he dosent have ben's personel cell phone #.

Mike

mwos
02-11-2007, 09:11 AM
Last summer, when I waited 13 weeks for my Ottrott, everyone kept telling me "patience". It finally did get here, but I only got the equivalent of about 1 month of riding on it because it arrived so late.

Kathi

Serpico
02-11-2007, 09:11 AM
Jack buys new serotta bikes, new serotta models, lots of serottas, rides serottas, competes on serottas, talks about serotta, evangelizes the brand to his friends, posts pictures of his serottas, and writes reviews about his serottas. sounds like a valuable customer.

respect to both, I'm sure this will be worked out once a serottian sees the thread.

good luck Jack, can't wait to see some pics.

Serotta PETE
02-11-2007, 11:14 AM
Jack, I will call up there tomorrow........and talk to a friend of mine.

Will send you an e-mail tomorrow. PETE

Smiley
02-11-2007, 11:22 AM
Jack, I will call up there tomorrow........and talk to a friend of mine.

Will send you an e-mail tomorrow. PETE
Hey Pete , just order the bike with your owners club piority club membership and move that 58 cm frame to the head of the line.

Serotta PETE
02-11-2007, 11:27 AM
Hey Pete , just order the bike with your owners club piority club membership and move that 58 cm frame to the head of the line.

Jack is already an Owner Club member.

I am sure it will be fixed by the team in the morning.

:cool: :)

Smiley
02-11-2007, 11:29 AM
Jack is already an Owner Club member.

I am sure it will be fixed by the team in the morning.

:cool: :)
just make the frame a 58 cm OK ;)

Serotta PETE
02-11-2007, 12:04 PM
That would not be your size, would it???? ;) :rolleyes:

just make the frame a 58 cm OK ;)

Tom Kellogg
02-11-2007, 03:27 PM
It may be that the Serotta worldwide headquarters are under eight feel of snow and the man himself can't get to work, even with his carbon fiber and kevlar bear paw snow shoes. Just a thought. :rolleyes:

Tom
02-11-2007, 03:36 PM
No snow here. They're all out riding, if the banana peels on the road shoulders are any indication.

BBB
02-11-2007, 03:44 PM
An extra two weeks? A travesty. Send in the marines... :)

stevep
02-11-2007, 04:28 PM
Can somebody tell me why it's taking so long to a get sign off on my Meivici? I don't understand why this is happening. If you don't want to sell me one, just say so.

Jack

jack, they sent it to me to test.
its nice. ill forward it mid june.
trying to help.
s
i sprayed some new colors on the thing. it was kinda plain.

Serotta PETE
02-11-2007, 05:19 PM
Serotta James was on top of it and it is in the production "Q". I sent you an e-mail on it....

I assure everyone that SEROTTA values each customer and wants to "win" and keep your business....

Yeah I know that it sounds like a worn out recording but I have known them for a l-o-n-g time and it is that has never changed or deviated.

I do not know what was lost in the communication but JAMES (as usual) was on top of it.

Jack, if open questions after my note,, please let me know and we can get a call going with them. You are a "valued" customer and ambassador for the brand.

Have a good weekend and we are looking forward to the pictures and a ride report.

James has also assured me that SMILEY's request for a size change to 58 will be ignored....... ;)

Jack Brunk
02-11-2007, 06:15 PM
Thanks Pete.

Smiley
02-11-2007, 07:01 PM
James has also assured me that SMILEY's request for a size change to 58 will be ignored....... ;)

NOT TRUE , give me some love Pete for crying out loud :)

Jack Brunk
02-11-2007, 07:16 PM
Looking at this thread that I started, I feel bad. I talked to the LBS on my way back from the Palm Springs century that I had just completed and was tired. The LBS was frustrated and then of course I became too. I'm sorry for making a fuss out of something so stupid.

Jack

mavic1010
02-11-2007, 07:40 PM
Jack, just admit, you wanted your bike faster. It's hard for me to believe that you would be tired from riding a century...especially from a man that does double century's every other week it seems...:)

BumbleBeeDave
02-11-2007, 08:22 PM
. . . Now I know what it takes to get Pete to quit sippin' that red, get up and actually DO something! ;)

BBD

Jack Brunk
02-11-2007, 08:52 PM
Mavic,

Wasn't that I wanted it so much faster, I just wanted to know why it was taking 2 weeks to get it the production line. My Meivici that I have now is more than adequate. No worries, let's move on to other topics on the board.

Jack