PDA

View Full Version : Bike fit person in ATL

maccpres
02-09-2007, 06:54 AM
I live in the Atlanta GA area and have been riding for about 20 years. In the last year the inside of my left knee hurts on and off. When I get warmed up and going hard it doesn't hurt, but when I cool down a little or on easy ride it hurts. I'm considering getting a professional bike fit if I can find a expert at bike fit in the Atlanta Area. Is there anyone in the Atlanta area you recommend.
Thanks

Tonger
02-09-2007, 07:26 AM
Mac,

I would highly recommend The Bicycle Link in Buckhead. You can schedule a fit with these guys on either your own bike or the Serotta Size Cycle. These guys are a bunch of enthusiasts who are clearly passionate about the sport and have a great attitude regarding the customer. After many years off the bike and one disc herniation later, I could not be more comfortable on my bike after my fit.

http://www.bicyclelink.net/

Good Luck,

Tonger

kbone
02-09-2007, 07:32 AM
+1 for Biicycle Link. They did a great job on my fit session and are really nice guys.

Kevin

rob137
02-09-2007, 07:33 AM
I would second the bicycle link, but honesty compels me to say that I scheduled myself for a fit on two separate occasions and the fitter did not show up. :confused:

I ended up getting fit by Brendan at Rides and Rags in Chicago on a business trip.

maccpres
02-09-2007, 07:36 AM
Any body in particular? I think there are a lot of good fit systems out there but the difference is the person doing it. Someone with a lot of experience who can look at someone and recommend a change in position that works. I would travel a reasonable distance to work with an expert.
Thanks

kbone
02-09-2007, 07:38 AM
rob137,

How long ago was that? They have a new fitter these days and he seems much more reliable than the old guy.

Kevin

LegendRider
02-09-2007, 07:44 AM
The Bike Link has a new ownership within the last year or so and it's being run better than ever before. They definitely had a lull for a while. But, currently it is without doubt the best road shop in ATL.

The fit expert is James Pullum and he does a great job. Call them 404-233-4103.

By the way, they are also a very well-regarded Serotta retailer. I bought my Legend from them (along with a Calfee, Parlee, Ibis, and Trek).

kbone
02-09-2007, 07:45 AM
James is their primary fitter and he is excellent. Allen does fittings too and is very competent.

nationsgirl
02-09-2007, 10:42 AM

rob137
02-09-2007, 10:44 AM
rob137,

How long ago was that? They have a new fitter these days and he seems much more reliable than the old guy.

Kevin

A couple years ago actually. I had intended to buy a Serotta from those guys but due to the no shows, I ended up going with David Kirk. So it worked out for me in the end. :)

maccpres
02-09-2007, 01:07 PM
Thanks, I havn't been to Bike Link since a guy named Eric managed or owned it.