PDA

View Full Version : dbrk...ride report please!

Kevan
02-08-2007, 01:35 PM
So how would the riding conditions be up there right now? Neighbors to your north are complaining about... get this... 6 feet of snow falling.

I don't think Mexico has ever gotten so much snow.

dbrk
02-08-2007, 02:32 PM
Somehow I hear Kevan singing this old bit from Little Feat...turn up Lowell George's voice Down on the Farm...

Six feet of snow coming through my radio
It`s raining in stilettos from here clear down to Mexico
My hands they`re numb from hanging on that steering wheel
They`re frozen tight, hope the wind don`t blow me off the road tonight
Don`t you know the ice and snow is sneaking in through my windows
Don`t you know how much I hate to be so cold and so alone
I`m coming home

HOWEVER, it's not snowing here worth a darn because the lake effect is east and headed south...so while Oswego is getting SLAMMED and Syracuse is having a long, hard day, us folks not more than 2 hours east and south of Lake Ontario are getting a more or less clear and pleasant and CHILLY day.

I did ride my Rivendell Mountain bike (one of only about 15 ever made) down my driveway the other morning and it's fun to snowshoe inside our ravine...but it SURE IS chilly out there.

Grant and Dave from Our Faire Forum visited with me last weekend in NYC and THEY went riding on Sunday morning in the zero temps while I hunkered down like a lazy, pathetic lout. They are real riders. I'm a bit fair weather: I like to see it at least about 25d.

thanks for your concern, pal!
see you at the next Ramble,

dbrk

Serotta PETE
02-08-2007, 03:11 PM
Glad the shovel is not working overtime....

I heard that parts of NY will get MANY feet of snow. WE have not heard from BB Dave so maybe he is up in that area=.