PDA

View Full Version : OT: Adjustable Bed Recs?

oldguy00
09-25-2020, 07:44 AM
Wife and I are in the market for a new mattress, and were thinking it might be a good opportunity to buy an adjustable bed to allow for sitting up etc.

Was originally thinking of the Sleep Science Q-series because Costco carries it and has great service, but the reviews seem very mixed....lots of reports of it not being very sturdy, it moves when you move, squeaks, etc.

Any recommendations for some that are high quality? Logan and Cole's Podium (might just be Canadian...)?

Thx!

commonguy001
09-25-2020, 08:24 AM
I've only owned one for about a year and a half but absolutely love it. Ours is a rebranded Leggett & Platt from The Original Mattress Factory. it's their Style Plus which is what appears to be a high level of the performance line that L&P sells. Super sturdy and feels solid. I adjust it way more often then I ever expected to and it's basically been flawless.

One thing to consider - if you get a queen, not available in a split design, you both have to be cool with whatever the other one wants. A split king means you can read or sleep with your feet elevated and your wife doesn't need to... We did a split king and it's good.

I have no experience with any other brand so take this for what it is.
I would have a hard time going back to a non-adjustable bed as well.

oldguy00
09-25-2020, 08:27 AM
I've only owned one for about a year and a half but absolutely love it. Ours is a rebranded Leggett & Platt from The Original Mattress Factory. it's their Style Plus which is what appears to be a high level of the performance line that L&P sells. Super sturdy and feels solid. I adjust it way more often then I ever expected to and it's basically been flawless.

One thing to consider - if you get a queen, not available in a split design, you both have to be cool with whatever the other one wants. A split king means you can read or sleep with your feet elevated and your wife doesn't need to... We did a split king and it's good.

I have no experience with any other brand so take this for what it is.
I would have a hard time going back to a non-adjustable bed as well.

Thanks, I'll see if that's a brand/model available in Canada.
Yes, we would also be doing the split king (two twin XL's).

Cheers