PDA

View Full Version : UCI World Championships

Beldar77
09-20-2020, 11:39 PM
Does anyone know where we can watch this weekend? Flobikes has it blocked in the US. I thought NBC owned the rights but it is not listed in their Cycling Pass calendar.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

verticaldoug
09-20-2020, 11:51 PM
Is there a way for you to get the BBC stream from the UK? They are showing the men's race on Sunday.

Beldar77
09-20-2020, 11:56 PM
that it is on the Olympic Channel that NBC owns. Thurs-Sun events.Not as good as when the juniors an U-23's are racing but I will watch ( commercials and all)

echappist
09-21-2020, 12:05 AM
Is there a way for you to get the BBC stream from the UK? They are showing the men's race on Sunday.

One would need an account linked to an actual British address. They solved the VPN end-run years ago

verticaldoug
09-21-2020, 04:36 AM
might be worth it not having to listen to Bob Roll and Phil Liggett

ultraman6970
09-21-2020, 07:22 AM
Tiz

ntb1001
09-21-2020, 07:33 AM
I paid for FloSports to watch the Tour here(Canada).
I was a little ticked because I thought it would’ve been about $15 for the month, but I was charged a full year...and in Canadian so it was $200.

I’m very happy now though...I got the Tour, now I get World Championships, Giro, Vuelta...and a few others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GregL
09-21-2020, 07:45 AM
Both the women's and men's time trials and road races are listed on the NBC Sports app for live coverage starting this Thursday. This will be the perfect remedy for my TdF hangover :banana:

Greg

RKW
09-21-2020, 01:22 PM
One would need an account linked to an actual British address. They solved the VPN end-run years ago

My British address is the London Hilton...

Nick12
09-21-2020, 07:24 PM
Tiz cycling works great

echappist
09-21-2020, 08:28 PM
My British address is the London Hilton...

Do you have access to the BBC? The requirement may even be that you need to pay the licensing fees, although I'm not sure.

Funny enough, one could get BBC1 in Amsterdam

RKW
09-21-2020, 08:37 PM
Do you have access to the BBC? The requirement may even be that you need to pay the licensing fees, although I'm not sure.

Funny enough, one could get BBC1 in Amsterdam

It and my Eurosport get billed annually. Never been an issue.

LegendRider
09-22-2020, 11:23 AM
It will be broadcast live on the Olympic Channel.

https://www.nbcsports.com/cycling-schedule

jpw
09-22-2020, 03:52 PM
Was it only one year ago that the U23 guy was disqualified for drafting? Tempus fugit.

Is it a full schedule of events this year?

What kind of course is it this year, and what type of rider does it favour?

cal_len1
09-23-2020, 07:22 AM
Only Elite events this year, no Junior or U23, although there are a couple U23 riders doing Elite. It's a super hilly course, with 2 climbs that are 6 and 11%. It could favor the punchier climbers, or some of the classics guys who can climb, a la WvA. And in what is a great turn of events, there is parity between the men and women's course. The men it's 260 km, and the women it's 160 km.

https://www.uci.org/road/news/2020/The-UCI-reveals-the-routes-for-the-Imola-Emilia-Romagna-2020-UCI-Road-World-Championships

choke
09-23-2020, 08:12 AM
I'll probably watch on either Sporza or NOS.nl with a VPN.

Re: the women's road race. Last week Annemiek van Vleuten broke her wrist during the Giro Rosa. For any normal human that would have ended a chance to defend the jersey but AvV doesn't give up easily. She was also scheduled to do the TT but has decided not to race that event.

Press release here: https://www.knwu.nl/nieuws/30345

Google translate: September 22, 2020

Annemiek van Vleuten will decide on Friday whether she can defend her world title on the road in Imola a day later. She will therefore travel to Italy to join the national team. The Mitchelton-Scott rider broke her wrist last Thursday. “At the time I thought that I wouldn't be able to ride a World Cup at all. The doctors at the Rijnstate Hospital in Arnhem thought along with me when I was able to go there for an operation on Friday. For example, I was not put under anesthesia, so I could get back on the bike quickly. They fitted me a brace on Monday and with that I could actually immediately cycle painlessly and also hold my handlebars well. It is important to note that the doctors indicate that there are no health risks associated with a possible start. I absolutely want to put my health first. ”

Van Vleuten makes another reservation because she wants to await the development of the healing process and will make a decision on her start in the road race on Friday. “It is true that standing climbing is not even 100 percent. And that must be the case to actually take the departure. When I start, I do it with ambitions and not just to be there. It does play a role that I don't take anyone's place when I decide to start. My place is in my name, because I won the world title in Harrogate last year. This is different for Thursday's time trial. I do not want to be on my conscience that a class like Ellen van Dijk would stand aside because I wanted to hold on to my place. That is why I gave up my starting place on that part ”

choke
09-24-2020, 08:48 AM
Women's TT is currently underway.

For VPN users, I found English commentary at the 'via this link' here - https://twitter.com/CyclingCentral/status/1309006368356040705

jpritchet74
09-24-2020, 09:28 AM
I can't believe that Dygert crashed - hope she is OK.......

jpw
09-24-2020, 09:32 AM

That was a big wheel wobble. Might have been better to have deliberately hit the padding and not the metal barrier.

GregL
09-24-2020, 09:32 AM
Heartbreaking! Hope she's OK. Haven't seen the video yet, but the Cyclingnews report said there was some spotty rain on the course. A wet corner on a TT bike is certainly not a forgiving circumstance.

Greg

choke
09-24-2020, 09:35 AM
Lots of wobble....I think maybe a flat front tire.

jpw
09-24-2020, 09:37 AM
Heartbreaking! Hope she's OK. Haven't seen the video yet, but the Cyclingnews report said there was some spotty rain on the course. A wet corner on a TT bike is certainly not a forgiving circumstance.

Greg

She stayed down on the TT bars around a tight right hand bend and the front wheel started to wobble. She lost it out to the left and disappeared over the barrier. The front wheel may have hit something in the road. It all looked a bit weird. Don't know how she is.

buckfifty
09-24-2020, 09:43 AM
gcn race pass with vpn works well

prototoast
09-24-2020, 09:52 AM
Video of Dygert's crash: https://twitter.com/CiclismoInter/status/1309142892083138560?s=20

weisan
09-24-2020, 10:00 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62F96V0hp8U

GregL
09-24-2020, 10:01 AM
Video of Dygert's crash: https://twitter.com/CiclismoInter/status/1309142892083138560?s=20WOW, that was absolutely terrifying! Fingers crossed that she wasn't seriously injured.

Greg

jpw
09-24-2020, 10:25 AM
WOW, that was absolutely terrifying! Fingers crossed that she wasn't seriously injured.

Greg

She was lucky not to hit that metal pole. It looked like a softer landing than for Evenepoel. Apparently she's conscious and talking.

jpritchet74
09-24-2020, 10:26 AM
sounds like Dygert's injuries are bad.

from Caley Fretz's post on Twitter:
"Photos from the accident show a major wound to Dygert's left leg, skin/muscle damage from mid-thigh down to her knee. Looks like she got bit by a shark. Honestly way too gross to post."

jpw
09-24-2020, 10:28 AM
sounds like Dygert's injuries are bad.

from Caley Fretz's post on Twitter:
"Photos from the accident show a major wound to Dygert's left leg, skin/muscle damage from mid-thigh down to her knee. Looks like she got bit by a shark. Honestly way too gross to post."

Ooch. Sounds like a Wout Van Aert type of leg wound. Left thigh caught the barrier's two bolt heads.

jpw
09-24-2020, 10:31 AM
WOW, that was absolutely terrifying! Fingers crossed that she wasn't seriously injured.

Greg

https://twitter.com/CiclismoInter/status/1309142892083138560?s=20

Left thigh catches the two bolt heads on the top of the barrier at 10 seconds;

nooneline
09-24-2020, 11:13 AM
Yikes. You can find pictures of her injury through a twitter search. I don't recommend it.

jpw
09-24-2020, 11:25 AM
Yikes. You can find pictures of her injury through a twitter search. I don't recommend it.

That's the worst pro cycling injury I've ever seen. Hopefully it's just a 'degloving' of skin from muscle and bone.

Elefantino
09-24-2020, 12:14 PM
Trying not to think of Taylor Phinney and what a leg injury can do to effectively end a world-beating career.

Beldar77
09-24-2020, 12:16 PM
Trying not to think of Taylor Phinney and what a leg injury can do to effectively end a world-beating career.

Yeah this injury is pretty bad hopefully not as bad as Taylor's.

jpritchet74
09-24-2020, 01:30 PM
Ya, hopefully more of a WvA injury than a Mini Phinney injury

72gmc
09-24-2020, 01:45 PM
Sure looked like some form of mechanical failure. Not sure how she could have ridden that out any better than she did.

rain dogs
09-24-2020, 01:59 PM
I know everything is sooooo easy from the couch, but I have to get this off my chest.

How do they decide on the placement of the padded barriers in cycling? Maybe it makes sense but I don't get it. Have you EVER seen a cyclist go straight, dead straight into a corner so that they hit the first 10 meters of barriers?

I haven't. I can only imagine that almost every crash is going to be slightly pre apex to 90+% exiting the corner... and the barriers barely cover the exit.... like 2 meters of the exit of a turn. Why not take all those dozens of first entry barrier pads and place them at the exit where they will be useful?

:confused::confused::confused:

Does what I'm saying make sense? Or is it like this in all races for a reason I don't understand?

Nick12
09-24-2020, 03:10 PM
Oh man.. that looks very painful. It does look like a mechanical with the front wheel.

prototoast
09-24-2020, 03:19 PM
I know everything is sooooo easy from the couch, but I have to get this off my chest.

How do they decide on the placement of the padded barriers in cycling? Maybe it makes sense but I don't get it. Have you EVER seen a cyclist go straight, dead straight into a corner so that they hit the first 10 meters of barriers?

I haven't. I can only imagine that almost every crash is going to be slightly pre apex to 90+% exiting the corner... and the barriers barely cover the exit.... like 2 meters of the exit of a turn. Why not take all those dozens of first entry barrier pads and place them at the exit where they will be useful?

Does what I'm saying make sense? Or is it like this in all races for a reason I don't understand?

If I were to guess, some volunteer who has no experience riding bikes at race speed is told to "put up barriers on the corner" and they drive out to the corner and put barriers around the point where the road bends the most, without understanding the path that riders will take through it.

It really was a tragic injury that could have been greatly reduced if only the barriers had been positioned better.

m_sasso
09-24-2020, 03:54 PM
Never cared for Zipp wheels and even less so now.

trener1
09-24-2020, 04:14 PM
Yep, what you are saying is on Point and totally makes sense.
I sure hope that she can recover more like WvA and less like Phinney.

glepore
09-24-2020, 04:30 PM
Never cared for Zipp wheels and even less so now.

I'd reserve judgement on the wheel for a bit-yes, that was a hell of a wobble but the wheel didn't look collapsed when I froze the video of the bike going over the guardrail. Could have been a full or partial steerer failure, of something in the stem/bars, or even a severe speed wobble.

Red Tornado
09-24-2020, 04:50 PM
I'm going with speed wobble for now.

Is it normal for TT'ers to take high speed corners on the aero bars instead of the handlebars? Looked like she was on the Aeros the whole time. Could that have caused speed wobble?

Totally agree on padding placement. Didn't go nearly far enough through the corner. IMO padding should start just prior to the corner (looks like it did) and end past the exit; how far past depends on the curve. Better safe than sorry. Another case of rider safety compromised.

Mark McM
09-24-2020, 04:56 PM
I'd reserve judgement on the wheel for a bit-yes, that was a hell of a wobble but the wheel didn't look collapsed when I froze the video of the bike going over the guardrail. Could have been a full or partial steerer failure, of something in the stem/bars, or even a severe speed wobble.

Yeah, I didn't see anything obviously wrong with the wheel - it appeared intact and didn't appear to be flexing. Also, the tire didn't appear to be sliding on the road, the front of the bike was going left and right because the front wheel was steering left and right. Very odd.

reuben
09-24-2020, 05:11 PM

I found one elsewhere. As previously mentioned, it looks like her left knee was attacked by a shark.

jpw
09-25-2020, 03:26 AM
I'm going with speed wobble for now.

Is it normal for TT'ers to take high speed corners on the aero bars instead of the handlebars? Looked like she was on the Aeros the whole time. Could that have caused speed wobble?

Totally agree on padding placement. Didn't go nearly far enough through the corner. IMO padding should start just prior to the corner (looks like it did) and end past the exit; how far past depends on the curve. Better safe than sorry. Another case of rider safety compromised.

I agree. Speed wobble. Her centre of gravity at the front was too high. She should have gone down to the drops. TT bikes are so twitchy at the best of times. She took a risk and it didn't work out.

jpw
09-25-2020, 03:28 AM

Horse, stable door, bolted. Today we can expect to see additional padding extending along the barrier, and the metal pole either removed or also padded up. Very UCI.

pdmtong
09-25-2020, 07:29 AM
That was a big wheel wobble. Might have been better to have deliberately hit the padding and not the metal barrier.

Is there time to process that decision? It’s easy for us to consider since we know a crash is ensuing and we can imagine the padding as a possible line. But the rider going 30+ ? I bet there’s two thoughts. First uh oh I’m losing the front end to try and stay upright while turning right and the second thought is I’m about to go over the rail. It’s a couple of seconds at that speed. I know pros see things at that speed differently than we do but the time window is tiny. Look at MAL stage one locked up sliding right at that sign

We’ve seen riders flip over rails but never iirc as resulting in as horrific an injury as to her left knee thigh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zap
09-25-2020, 08:48 AM
Watched the TT last night......not knowing what was going to happen. Terrible crash. Not sure what happened (sure looks like a speed wobble) but the front wheel did look intact.

prototoast
09-25-2020, 09:32 AM
Great win by Ganna today, and Gerraint Thomas's performance makes me think he's the favorite for the Giro.

Hawker
09-25-2020, 01:13 PM
Horrible accident for Chloe. So sorry, the pictures are terrible and praying hard for her recovery.

Amber Neben held her own that's for sure! Congrats to her. Women's RR tomorrow.

GregL
09-25-2020, 01:22 PM
Great win by Ganna today, and Gerraint Thomas's performance makes me think he's the favorite for the Giro.
Every generation of road racers has its time trial champion. Indurain, Ullrich, Rogers, Cancellara, and now it looks like Ganna. It will be interesting to see if his TT prowess translates well to winning road races (a'la Cancellara).

Greg

FlashUNC
09-25-2020, 02:16 PM
Every generation of road racers has its time trial champion. Indurain, Ullrich, Rogers, Cancellara, and now it looks like Ganna. It will be interesting to see if his TT prowess translates well to winning road races (a'la Cancellara).

Greg

Surely the Panzerwagen isn't forgotten that quickly. RIP Tony Martin I guess.

Somewhere Rohan Dennis is shedding a lone tear as well.

Not sure how much to take from Ganna's win. Couple big hitters -- namely Evenpoel -- weren't there, it's a weird year, etc etc. He is beast mode in the pursuit though.

echappist
09-25-2020, 02:26 PM

Not sure how much to take from Ganna's win. Couple big hitters -- namely Evenpoel -- weren't there, it's a weird year, etc etc. He is beast mode in the pursuit though.

Would have been more interesting, had it been ~hour in duration. This one was really suited for Ganna.

yinzerniner
09-25-2020, 02:57 PM
We’ve seen riders flip over rails but never iirc as resulting in as horrific an injury as to her left knee thigh

It looks like the gruesome part of the injury was a result of her knee hitting the posts holding up the guardrail. As she hits the rail she's at an angle and rides the top for a few feet, then her momentum carries the rest of her body over. Unfortunately her left leg was still clipped into the bike and didn't go over as quickly, and her knee protruding out caught the top of one of the posts.

Just horrific, and hope the best for her recovery - from all her interviews the mental aspect of not competing might be more tortuous than the physical pain.

prototoast
09-25-2020, 03:26 PM

I agree, taking nothing away from Ganna's superb performance, I am hesitant to draw too many inferences for the future based on this season. But with that said, I can't wait to see the performance he delivers next year, in what will hopefully be a more normal season, and also potentially a longer or hillier course.

pdmtong
09-25-2020, 04:08 PM
It looks like the gruesome part of the injury was a result of her knee hitting the posts holding up the guardrail. As she hits the rail she's at an angle and rides the top for a few feet, then her momentum carries the rest of her body over. Unfortunately her left leg was still clipped into the bike and didn't go over as quickly, and her knee protruding out caught the top of one of the posts.

Just horrific, and hope the best for her recovery - from all her interviews the mental aspect of not competing might be more tortuous than the physical pain.

you are right...as she is sliding on the rail her left thigh gets can-opener-ed by the rail-rail interface at the post. its bad enough seeing it on my phone let alone high def to notice that detail.

m_sasso
09-25-2020, 04:15 PM
Bonkers, let the guy enjoy his win, fine performance, tomorrows another day, he is already a legend in Italy today! And WVA, the guy has to much talent for one man, congratulazioni!

GregL
09-25-2020, 04:28 PM

You’re absolutely right about Martin! My bad! I should be sentenced to intervals trying to follow his wheel. I’d probably last 100 meters if I was lucky... As for Dennis, I’m not sure he’s in the same pantheon of time trial riders yet. Time will tell (pun intended).

Greg

jpw
09-26-2020, 02:38 AM
Ganna - Ineos
Thomas - Ineos
Dennis - Ineos

Also just signed Dani Martinez (TdF 2020 stage winner), Laurens De Plus and Tom Pidcock (a major talent) for next season.

oldpotatoe
09-26-2020, 07:35 AM
Women's elite race on now(NBC Gold)..no doubt who the main sponsors are..:eek:

Italian team has a YUGE 'S'(Suzuki) on their back..:rolleyes:

choke
09-26-2020, 09:59 AM
What a ride!

And props to AvV.

Plum Hill
09-26-2020, 10:03 AM
Those rider-on-the-ridge-top scenic shots were fantastic.

harlond
09-26-2020, 10:24 AM
The Dutch are amazing. Four former road world champions in their team, just for a start.

jpw
09-26-2020, 10:45 AM
State sponsored financial doping by the Dutch ;-).

choke
09-26-2020, 10:55 AM
The Dutch are amazing. Four former road world champions in their team, just for a start.Other than Demi Vollering, every woman on the Dutch team today has earned a World Championship.

Anna van der Breggen - Road, TT
Annemiek van Vleuten - Road, TT
Marianne Vos - Road, CX, track
Chantal Blaak - Road
Ellen van Dijk - TT, track
Amy Pieters - TTT (mixed relay), track
Floortje Mackaij - TTT (trade team)

choke
09-26-2020, 11:06 AM
Those rider-on-the-ridge-top scenic shots were fantastic.
They were indeed. Here's a short clip....she is so smooth.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1309858111931514880

fignon's barber
09-26-2020, 02:09 PM
Let's hope the Men's race has a little more excitement.

reuben
09-26-2020, 05:23 PM
They were indeed. Here's a short clip....she is so smooth.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1309858111931514880

La souplesse.

Veloo
09-27-2020, 09:55 AM
One of the nicest courses I can remember.
Side helicopter shots were awesome.

What a finish today!

Bravo to ________!

galgal
09-27-2020, 09:58 AM
Yes!

572cv
09-27-2020, 10:07 AM
I love it when this guy hits it. What a fantastic finish, which it had to be to be in the same class as the women’s race. Chapeau, Alaphillipe et l’équipe Francais.

And yes, the scenery and course really lent itself to great photography.

A final thought, though, is hoping for the best for Chloe Dygert. Looks as though she’ll heal, which is good news.

weisan
09-27-2020, 10:13 AM

Slamcarneyson
09-27-2020, 10:23 AM
I love it when this guy hits it. What a fantastic finish, which it had to be to be in the same class as the women’s race. Chapeau, Alaphillipe et l’équipe Francais.

And yes, the scenery and course really lent itself to great photography.

A final thought, though, is hoping for the best for Chloe Dygert. Looks as though she’ll heal, which is good news.

I can't think of a more deserving and entertaining winner of the WC. I can't wait for this guy to get almost 1.5 road seasons out of this (classics in October AND March/April).

Zee
09-27-2020, 10:42 AM
JA rode as expected. Exciting to watch and heart warming after the death of his father earlier this year.

WvA has had an incredible year. Considering his wreck in the TT last year only underlines the achievement.

Hirschi has an enormous future in front of him.

Clean39T
09-27-2020, 10:56 AM
https://www.reddit.com/r/peloton/comments/j0s354/results_thread_2020_world_championships_imola/

Streamables replay.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Fixed
09-27-2020, 04:06 PM
Yeah first French champ since 97
He was super today
Cheers

chengher87
09-27-2020, 04:14 PM
Great few weeks of racing. Can't wait for Giro and Vuelta. Bummed that Mads couldn't really wear the rainbow jersey much this year.

Mark McM
09-27-2020, 05:54 PM
Yeah first French champ since 97

Now, if they could only win their own national tour ...

nalax
09-27-2020, 06:37 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/peloton/comments/j0s354/results_thread_2020_world_championships_imola/

Streamables replay.

Thanks for the link!

galgal
09-27-2020, 07:17 PM
Now, if they could only win their own national tour ...

A bit odd to characterize TdF as a French national race, at least for quite a while. And if a French guy hasn’t won it in a long time, there’s been a few years since when *nobody* has won it.
As for the WC today, I wonder what folks thought of Roglic at the end? Pogacar emptied his tank for him and at the end he could have helped WvA, not teammates today but are on JV.
And yeah Loulou was great today:hello:

e-RICHIE
09-27-2020, 07:21 PM
As for the WC today, I wonder what folks thought of Roglic at the end? Pogacar emptied his tank for him and at the end he could have helped WvA, not teammates today but are on JV.

If WVA doesn't hold Roglic accountable for not giving more, I don't think we can.

FlashUNC
09-27-2020, 07:54 PM
A bit odd to characterize TdF as a French national race, at least for quite a while. And if a French guy hasn’t won it in a long time, there’s been a few years since when *nobody* has won it.
And yeah Loulou was great today:hello:

World Champs are weird races. Sometimes the trade team/friend alliances matter, sometimes they don't. Guess this was a case where it didn't.

joosttx
09-27-2020, 08:31 PM
So cool to see Tayler Wiles charging for the US in the women's road race. She is a local and I see her out on the road every once in a while.

rustychisel
09-27-2020, 08:38 PM
Panache, hell yes.
Great ride and a great result.

trener1
09-27-2020, 09:16 PM
I will agree that Roglic doesn't have to help WvA but at the same time, as much as Wout has just put it all out for Roglic over the last 3 weeks I was a bit Surprised that Roglic didn't at least take an extra pull or two.

weisan
09-27-2020, 10:29 PM
Sometimes I wonder where the hell you guys been getting your information from or are we even watching the same race?

I saw Roglic took his turns in the pull to try and catch Allap.

Wout said in the post-race interview that he believed his team mate (Roglic) was already at his limit in the final kms and did everything he possibly could but ultimately, in the end, what really happened was the strongest rider of the day won.

weisan
09-27-2020, 11:06 PM
Not to take anything away from Alaphilippe's much deserved win, but I would have liked to see these two chaps duke it out on the steepest parts of the final climb...

https://cyclingmagazine.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Gilbert.jpg

Too bad Gilbert was taken out by a stupid crash in stage one of the tour.

ultraman6970
09-28-2020, 05:04 AM
If you look at the top ten or top 20 u have no surprises at all, list is what it should be. Valverde got 8th for example.

Nomadmax
09-28-2020, 05:30 AM
I loved the men's road race yesterday, congrats to JA! I have a couple questions. Team Italy had jerseys that were clearly logoed with Suzuki front and back and you really had to look for "Italia". My questions are:

I know a certain amount of trade team logos are allowed now but thought they really weren't supposed to be "front and center" so to speak. What are the rules on this?

I didn't know Suzuki even sponsored a cycling team; do they?

What's the connection between a Japanese motorcycle company and the Italian National cycling team??

Thanks

oldpotatoe
09-28-2020, 06:01 AM
I loved the men's road race yesterday, congrats to JA! I have a couple questions. Team Italy had jerseys that were clearly logoed with Suzuki front and back and you really had to look for "Italia". My questions are:

I know a certain amount of trade team logos are allowed now but thought they really weren't supposed to be "front and center" so to speak. What are the rules on this?

I didn't know Suzuki even sponsored a cycling team; do they?

What's the connection between a Japanese motorcycle company and the Italian National cycling team??

Thanks

I think there is some connection to Suzuki being a main sponsor of the WC(the 'race' cars, the VIPs and race director, etc, were all Suzukis) and the race being in Italy, and the Italian team being sponsored...by Suzuki..don't know what it is but...

BUT 2 of the BIG 3 sponsors of this race in Italy, were Japanese companies..Shimano and Suzuki(and Mapai)...:)

cal_len1
09-28-2020, 07:10 AM
Sometimes I wonder where the hell you guys been getting your information from or are we even watching the same race?

I saw Roglic took his turns in the pull to try and catch Allap.

Wout said in the post-race interview that he believed his team mate (Roglic) was already at his limit in the final kms and did everything he possibly could but ultimately, in the end, what really happened was the strongest rider of the day won.

Yeah, same. If you see pictures of him on the climb and after, he looked cracked, like worse than anything I saw at the TdF except the TT.

Elefantino
09-28-2020, 07:28 AM
And as Alaphilippe attacked, WVA ... sat down.

End of controversy.

jpw
09-28-2020, 07:36 AM
WvA just didn't have it when the move came. It's convenient for the Belgium cycling ecosystem to look for a scapegoat, and Roglic will do nicely. They're aghast that the Dutch took two golds.

choke
09-28-2020, 07:59 AM
I think there is some connection to Suzuki being a main sponsor of the WC(the 'race' cars, the VIPs and race director, etc, were all Suzukis) and the race being in Italy, and the Italian team being sponsored...by Suzuki..don't know what it is but...

BUT 2 of the BIG 3 sponsors of this race in Italy, were Japanese companies..Shimano and Suzuki(and Mapai)...:)I'm not sure what the Suzuki angle is either but Suzuki has sponsored the Italian team since at least 2018. The logo used to be smaller though.

72gmc
09-28-2020, 08:56 AM
WvA just didn't have it when the move came. It's convenient for the Belgium cycling ecosystem to look for a scapegoat, and Roglic will do nicely. They're aghast that the Dutch took two golds.

The Dutch also hold the elite CX jerseys ... I hadn't thought of how that might feel for Belgian fans.

Nomadmax
09-28-2020, 11:33 AM
i think there is some connection to suzuki being a main sponsor of the wc(the 'race' cars, the vips and race director, etc, were all suzukis) and the race being in italy, and the italian team being sponsored...by suzuki..don't know what it is but...

But 2 of the big 3 sponsors of this race in italy, were japanese companies..shimano and suzuki(and mapai)...:)

ty op

Crotchrocket
09-28-2020, 10:16 PM
I just scrolled past all the posts as I’ve yet to watch. Anybody have a link to the full race and TT?

scoobydrew
09-29-2020, 02:27 AM

Streamables replay.

I just scrolled past all the posts as I’ve yet to watch. Anybody have a link to the full race and TT?

Check the link in Clean39T’s post above.

The NBC Sports YouTube page also has a condensed version of each race.

jpw
09-29-2020, 03:38 AM
The Dutch also hold the elite CX jerseys ... I hadn't thought of how that might feel for Belgian fans.

Feels BAD.