PDA

View Full Version : ??Campagnolo Cable Set SR Ultra Shift CG ER600 – R1134600?? Black

robt57
09-19-2020, 04:07 PM
These only come in one length, yes? And for big bike lengths and you cut for smaller etc. Yes?? no?

Always came with, not bought kit after myself.

Technical Information:
Brake Cable Diameter: 1.6 mm
Brake Cable Length: 800 mm, 1600 mm
Shifter Cable Diameter: 1.2 mm
Shifter Cable Length: 1600 mm, 2000 mm
Brake Cable Housing Diameter: 5 mm
Brake Cable Housing Length: 580 mm, 1250 mm
Shifter Cable Housing Diameter: 4.1 mm
Shifter Cable Housing Length: 680 mm, 330 mm

Manufacturer Part Numbers:
black: CG-ER600
white: CG-ER600W
red: CG-ER600R

Assume W=white, R=Red default=blk

Mark McM
09-19-2020, 04:21 PM
Yes, cable sets typically come with a fixed length cables and housings, which are cut to length to fit a particular bike. the "standard" set usually comes with cables and housings long enough to fit most single bikes, and special "tandem" sets come with extra-long cables and housings.

Keep in mind that the final lengths of cables and housings is very bike specific, and depends on bike model, size, and the cable routing used by that bike; and it can also vary with handlebar and stem size/length. There can even be some variation with components used. Essentially, every bike has to be custom fit for cables and housings.

robt57
09-19-2020, 04:23 PM
The seller [here] said the kit came with a 54CM bike, so that is why I want to ask the campy pros.

jtakeda
09-19-2020, 04:58 PM
I feel like the last kit I got I remember getting one shorter brake cable that was meant for the front brake and a longer one for the rear.

I could be mis-remembering tho

Mark McM
09-19-2020, 05:18 PM
The seller [here] said the kit came with a 54CM bike, so that is why I want to ask the campy pros.

If the kit has uncut cables and housings, you should be good to go.

I feel like the last kit I got I remember getting one shorter brake cable that was meant for the front brake and a longer one for the rear.

I could be mis-remembering tho

Yes, that's right - looking at the specs. in the OPs message, there are multiple lengths given for the cables and housings. The shorter lengths are for the front der. and brake, the longer lenghs are from the rear der. and brake.

e-RICHIE
09-19-2020, 05:21 PM
I was unaware these came in colors.
This is still an option?

bicimechanic
09-19-2020, 05:39 PM
They did but the current stuff (12sp) is only in black.

I was unaware these came in colors.
This is still an option?

vespasianus
09-19-2020, 07:53 PM
Personally, I found that the 2 meter cable to actually be a little short. When installing on my large frame, I was unable to route across the head tube to the rear derailleur and had to go directly down - and even in that situation, you have to be spot on with your housing length to have it work.

This is for a large frame and just using the cables that came with the shifters as well as the cables in the ultra-low friction cable kit.

bfd
09-19-2020, 07:55 PM
They did but the current stuff (12sp) is only in black.

Total Cycling UK has Ultra Shift cables in black, red and white in stock for $38/set:

https://www.totalcycling.com/Mobile/en/Campagnolo-Ultra-Shift-Ergo-Lever-Cable-Set---CG-ER600/m-m-18718.aspxHi

Good Luck!

robt57
09-19-2020, 08:18 PM
+ Postage: to United States Of America on this item is $10.33

Seem a good price though...

Total Cycling UK has Ultra Shift cables in black, red and white in stock for $38/set:

https://www.totalcycling.com/Mobile/en/Campagnolo-Ultra-Shift-Ergo-Lever-Cable-Set---CG-ER600/m-m-18718.aspxHi

Good Luck!

Velocipede
09-20-2020, 06:01 PM
These only come in one length, yes? And for big bike lengths and you cut for smaller etc. Yes?? no?

Always came with, not bought kit after myself.

Technical Information:
Brake Cable Diameter: 1.6 mm
Brake Cable Length: 800 mm, 1600 mm
Shifter Cable Diameter: 1.2 mm
Shifter Cable Length: 1600 mm, 2000 mm
Brake Cable Housing Diameter: 5 mm
Brake Cable Housing Length: 580 mm, 1250 mm
Shifter Cable Housing Diameter: 4.1 mm
Shifter Cable Housing Length: 680 mm, 330 mm

Manufacturer Part Numbers:
black: CG-ER600
white: CG-ER600W
red: CG-ER600R

Assume W=white, R=Red default=blk

What you list is the standard kit that comes with every shifterset. If you want to run full housing on a frame or need something longer, some shops will have actual Campy housing in bulk rolls and can cut what you need. If you can't find one locally, let me know. I have bulk roll housing here and can help out. Black only. They don't offer red or white in bulk.