PDA

View Full Version : Bike Fast Fit / Elite

hairylegs
09-18-2020, 04:16 PM
Hey y'all. In times of COVID not really interested in seeing my former fitter (he's also a tad on the arrogant side.)

Got my fit close I think but was curious if anybody here has tried the iPhone app with tracking dots to look at all of the angles.

I'm quite inclined to and will report back if nobody has, but was curious in the meantime! The app is Bike Fast Fit - they also have an "elite" version.

Clean39T
09-18-2020, 04:31 PM
If your fit is close, I doubt an app is going to bring it any closer..

But what may work is a video consultation with a (non-arrogant) fitter. I'd imagine they could glean some good information watching you pedal on a trainer at different power output and cadences, especially if you have a partner willing to be your Facetime robot.

I'd be curious if anyone has found such a service?

hairylegs
09-18-2020, 04:32 PM
My god I just burst into laughter (non-arrogant.)

CLASSIC! Great idea. Might end up going to the hive mind here even. That'd be laughable as well!

skitlets
09-18-2020, 04:35 PM
I used the app (non elite) and it got me in the ballpark. I then paid for an actual in-person fitter and he also got me in the ballpark, so that was disappointing. The fit was actually a miserable experience.

All that's to say -- the app is decent and doesn't cost $300.

Clean39T
09-18-2020, 04:50 PM
My god I just burst into laughter (non-arrogant.)

CLASSIC! Great idea. Might end up going to the hive mind here even. That'd be laughable as well!

I posted some videos of myself a couple years ago on a few builds I was trying out - never really got much good input on them, but you may have better luck than me. Prepare a thick skin prior to posting.

jkbrwn
09-18-2020, 05:00 PM
If your fit is close, I doubt an app is going to bring it any closer..

But what may work is a video consultation with a (non-arrogant) fitter. I'd imagine they could glean some good information watching you pedal on a trainer at different power output and cadences, especially if you have a partner willing to be your Facetime robot.

I'd be curious if anyone has found such a service?

Lots of fitters are offering remote fits. Gaulzetti is at Summer and many others I've seen on Instagram that I can't recall. Not sure how well it would work in practice. I'd be more inclined to wait until I can get another proper fit in-person.

hairylegs
09-20-2020, 09:06 PM
Thanks guys. I tried the elite fit, was ok but in the end only ended up moving the saddle forward by about .5cm. I was pretty close anyway. Time will tell!

mhespenheide
09-20-2020, 11:17 PM
I know someone over in Santa Ynez who does fitting, usually through Carmichael Training Services, but I could get you his number. As a person, he's non-arrogant, but I never had him fit me since I was happy with my fit.

charliedid
09-21-2020, 10:11 AM
I guess it had to tell you something. I wonder how often or if ever, it determines that "everything looks perfect" :)

I assume this is just working off of some basic benchmark for what a good fit is. It's basically a "Fit to Bike" app to get you close.

Never heard of it.