PDA

View Full Version : OT: Changing insurance

sjbraun
09-18-2020, 12:24 PM
I'm thinking of dropping my current insurance company after just six months of coverage. I've not made any claims, but I will be moving from a single family home to a condo. The condo coverage has limits I'm not comfortable with. Ironically, I might end up returning to the company I left six months ago because their coverage is more inclusive. Will there be any negative consequences for me by changing insurance companies so frequently?

Ken Robb
09-18-2020, 01:36 PM
I don't think so since you had no claims. Have you carefully read the policy that your HOA has in place to see how it merges with the separate coverage you plan to buy?

jlwdm
09-18-2020, 05:46 PM
No problem changing companies. You should check rates with different companies every year. Usually there is one company that is trying to get more market share in your area and is giving good rates.

I am closing on a townhouse soon and will be selling my house. The HOA covers all of the exterior insurance and like a condo policy does. You are not covering much on the dwelling so at first glance the limits seem low - but they are not.

Jeff