PDA

View Full Version : Knee Warmers that don't slip

hockeybike
09-15-2020, 09:17 AM
Looking for knee warmers for the coming fall/winter, and mostly trying to find a pair that doesn't slip.

Defeet seems to have some love around here, as does rapha.

Any others?

Also, any in colors other than black? Sure, there's road grime, but some visibility wouldn't be a bad thing.

Red Tornado
09-15-2020, 09:19 AM
I've had a set of black Specialized knee warmers for 14 years. Use them often during the colder months, never slipped or moved on me. At the time, black was the only color on offer. Might be the same now, or not, but as far as function goes I've been very pleased.

charliedid
09-15-2020, 09:32 AM
Leg warmers.

Bob Ross
09-15-2020, 09:35 AM
I've had a set of black Specialized knee warmers for 14 years.

Came in to post ^^^this. Specialized knee warmers are The Schidt.

OtayBW
09-15-2020, 09:37 AM
I still have my Serotta knee warmers from a Paceline (or Serotta Forum) buy some years ago...They don't slip.

pdonk
09-15-2020, 09:39 AM
I've had good luck with garneau.

David Tollefson
09-15-2020, 09:51 AM
I bought two sets of the DeFeet knee warmers, and promptly sold them. I'm no Lutz Hesslich or Robert Forstermann, but those things were so tight on my legs it was painful. One size fits all indeed. YMMV.

I also bought a set of the Canari bright yellow knee warmers. Same deal.

Endura has been my go-to. They're almost too much insulation for the shoulder seasons, but they get a LOT of use for 6 months of the year in the Pacific NW.

Matthew
09-15-2020, 09:55 AM
Pearl Izumi have worked well for me. The lycra is starting to break down some but I've had them for years. Still work well.

EDS
09-15-2020, 09:56 AM
I really like Hincapie warmers (leg, knee, arm) because they have grippers on both the inside (next to your skin) and outside (so against your bib shorts or jersey arm) at the top. No slippage for me.

Greatestalltime
09-15-2020, 10:06 AM
I really like Hincapie warmers (leg, knee, arm) because they have grippers on both the inside (next to your skin) and outside (so against your bib shorts or jersey arm) at the top. No slippage for me.

Smart. My specialized slip out from under what’s over them. Had Merlin brand before these and they didn’t slip.

tuxbailey
09-15-2020, 10:49 AM
I have the same pair of PI knee warmers and they have worked well, provided that I pull them up enough under my shorts.

SoCalSteve
09-15-2020, 10:56 AM
Rapha merino wool knee warmers don’t slip....:)

pdmtong
09-15-2020, 03:14 PM
the rapha merino warmers do not slip, have a wide temp range, are as warm as their lycra ones (which also do not slip. ever.) but are lighter and pack into a jersey pocket smaller. fantastic product.

Louis
09-15-2020, 03:32 PM
provided that I pull them up enough under my shorts.

+1

Just put them under the bottoms of your shorts. Problem solved.

madsciencenow
09-15-2020, 03:39 PM
the rapha merino warmers do not slip, have a wide temp range, are as warm as their lycra ones (which also do not slip. ever.) but are lighter and pack into a jersey pocket smaller. fantastic product.

Agree that either the Merino or the Lycra Rapha options stay where you place them. I’ve got a pair of each with matching arm warmers and don’t think you would be disappointed with either option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hockeybike
09-15-2020, 10:05 PM
Bought the Rapha merino. Thx all!

Greatestalltime
01-12-2021, 05:41 AM
Had a pair form Merlin (their brand)that were great even with a dog bite hole they always stayed in place.

Somehow I lost one in my laundry. For good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cnighbor1
01-13-2021, 10:42 AM
Has elastic fails over time I Use large rubber bands at the top

Looking for knee warmers for the coming fall/winter, and mostly trying to find a pair that doesn't slip.

Defeet seems to have some love around here, as does rapha.

Any others?

Also, any in colors other than black? Sure, there's road grime, but some visibility wouldn't be a bad thing.

cgolvin
01-13-2021, 12:40 PM
Since someone above gave a thumbs up to Pearl Izumi … I have a pair of white ones, size M, not pristine but eminently functional.

Yours for the cost of shipping, first come first served.

Tickdoc
01-13-2021, 12:42 PM
My second plug for snek in one day! Super warm, comfy, grippy, best I've ever had. They fit and stay over my spaghetti legs when most slip.

Cbh
01-13-2021, 12:57 PM
I’ve had good luck with Pearl Izumi

azrider
01-13-2021, 12:59 PM
My second plug for snek in one day! Super warm, comfy, grippy, best I've ever had. They fit and stay over my spaghetti legs when most slip.

Ha....that's about the third time I've heard SNEK mentioned in the last two weeks. I love it when you never hear something then hear it everywhere :p

katematt
01-13-2021, 01:04 PM
I have a set from Pactimo that work very well.

woodworker
01-13-2021, 01:06 PM
I have a predecessor to these knee warmers from Q36.5: https://www.q36-5.com/shop/men/cycling-leg-arm-warmers/pre-shape-knee-warmer/

They've been my go-to on cold mornings for the past 5 years. They stay up, keep me warm, but they're light enough that you can put them in a pocket when it warms up. I'd recommend them.

OperaLover
01-16-2021, 04:53 PM
Castelli Nanolex work well for me

m_moses
01-16-2021, 06:54 PM
I’ve got some Ornot leg warmers that work really well. They’ve never slipped.

I know, you asked about knee warmers but I think your calves could use some warmth too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MikeD
01-16-2021, 09:54 PM
I’ve got some Ornot leg warmers that work really well. They’ve never slipped.

I know, you asked about knee warmers but I think your calves could use some warmth too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Defeet Woolie Boolie socks with 6" cuffs (OK, leaves about 2" of skin exposed).

bfd
01-17-2021, 11:16 AM
I find my Kucharik wool leg warmers don’t slip. I’ve had them for years and they are still the best fitting leg warmers I have. Need to get another pair!

https://www.kucharikclothing.com/leg-warmers-100-merino-washable-wool-p-297.html

Good Luck!

Mikej
01-17-2021, 03:59 PM
1 size smaller, any brand.