PDA

View Full Version : Relaxed Fitting Jersey Recommendations

kirke
09-13-2020, 05:28 PM
Been doing mostly slow-er, recreational riding lately and have been wearing cycling-specific tech t-shirts, but I miss jersey pockets.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a more loose-fitting jersey? I'm 6'1" and 155 lbs, typically wear a medium in most brands.

Thanks!

parris
09-13-2020, 05:39 PM
I don't know if they're still available but I've had good service from the Trek Solstice jersey. NOT silly pricewise and durable.

charliedid
09-13-2020, 05:42 PM
Pactimo still makes three fits and one they call traditional is by today's standards pretty relaxed.

https://www.pactimo.com/collections/mens-loose-fit-road-cycling-jerseys

buddybikes
09-13-2020, 05:43 PM
Specialized RBX series, they even have a wool one

BlueHampsten
09-13-2020, 06:01 PM
Rapha Classic ll
Twin 6
Voler
Pactimo - really like their fabric

kirke
09-13-2020, 06:14 PM
Awesome, thanks for all the tips so far!

Veloo
09-13-2020, 06:21 PM
If you can find a discontinued Road Holland polo or one from De Marchi, that could be an option.
They have back pockets but you'll have to search around for them.

rnhood
09-13-2020, 06:30 PM
Specialized RBX series, they even have a wool one

Agree, the RBX is priced very well and is top tier. you can pay more, but you won't get any better relaxed jersey.

Hawker
09-13-2020, 07:14 PM
The best relaxed jerseys were Performance. And they had good colors and graphics....alas, they are no longer. But often you can find used ones or NIB on Ebay.

XXtwindad
09-13-2020, 09:06 PM
Look at Rapha’s stuff. Their technical stuff is oriented toward gravel and is looser fitting. Almost all my jerseys are merino or a merino blend. Some of them are fitted, but I like the look and feel better.

cabriggs
09-13-2020, 09:12 PM
I wear Garneau Connection and Pearl Izumi Quest jerseys. I'm similar height but a fair bit more than 155, so they may be too loose for you.

Cbh
09-13-2020, 09:56 PM
Look at Rapha’s stuff. Their technical stuff is oriented toward gravel and is looser fitting. Almost all my jerseys are merino or a merino blend. Some of them are fitted, but I like the look and feel better.

Agree with the Rapha suggestion. Especially the Brevet line. TheY are my favorite jerseys. Not cheap but check the archive sale section of their site.

dancinkozmo
09-13-2020, 10:26 PM
I wear Garneau Connection and Pearl Izumi Quest jerseys. I'm similar height but a fair bit more than 155, so they may be too loose for you.

+1 on the quest

Hilltopperny
09-14-2020, 07:04 AM
Road Holland jerseys if you can find them since they are now defunct were nice relaxed fit along with Rapha classic and brevet jerseys.

Not sure of your climate, but the majority of my rides are in a t-shirt and light flannel with two up front pockets. I also use a front bag to carry everything when a flannel isn’t necessary or if it warms up enough stuff the flannel into my Burrito Supreme bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smitty2k1
09-14-2020, 08:20 AM
REI's house brand jerseys.

Pearl Izumi has mountain jerseys with the usual full zip front and three rear pockets. They are much more relaxed around the waist than their road jerseys. I tend to like the graphics more too.

NYCfixie
09-14-2020, 10:05 AM
As a person with very big shoulders but not the matching gut size, I have had a hard time finding jerseys that fit. I don't want them loose but I also don't want them skin tight.

Road Holland are my favorite but they are out of business.
Rapha Brevet were great (the new ones are slimmer, not as much as the Classic II but they have made them tighter).

Gore makes some great stuff so I never know why they are not mentioned more. I have a few of their jerseys and they are good quality with a great fit if you want something that is not as tight as race fit but not as loose as MTB jerseys.
https://www.gorewear.com/us/en-us/shop-by-sports/cycling/jerseys/

They have 3 fits to choose from:
ACTIVE FIT: Designed with a bit looser fit, these products suit a wide range of wearers while still delivering the unique benefits of GORE® Wear garments.
FORM FIT: Not skin tight, but also not excessively baggy, Form Fit garments provide a sporting silhouette without being body hugging.
SLIM FIT: With a tighter fit that hugs close to the body Slim Fit garments are designed to minimize air resistance and reduce bulk as well as maximize the material properties (e.g. breathability, moisture management, etc.)

qnz
09-14-2020, 05:44 PM
Been doing mostly slow-er, recreational riding lately and have been wearing cycling-specific tech t-shirts, but I miss jersey pockets.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a more loose-fitting jersey? I'm 6'1" and 155 lbs, typically wear a medium in most brands.

Thanks!

Why not keep wearing your shirts and get a handlebar bag to hold your stuff? A loose jersey + stuff in pockets = saggy back.

kirke
09-15-2020, 03:49 PM
^^^^

Honestly, this is a good suggestion. Just never had a handlebar bag before and it simply hasn't crossed my mind as an option.

Lots of good suggestions in this thread though, thanks all for contributing.