PDA

View Full Version : tell me about Rapha CS

cuda
09-12-2020, 01:19 PM
I decided to grab a jacket during the recent Rapha sale. I've never been that
into their kit but ended up winning a crit jersey on ebay for a reasonable price and it has a good fit and feel so I thought why not see about some of their other gear for the fall. I bought in the first 3-4 hours of the sale.
I got a notice the next day.
It was schedule to ship out FedEx from KY. This was 3 weeks ago.

When i didnt see it after 2 weeks I reached out to RaphaUSA CS via email. It was something to the effect " hey here is my order #, it seems to be mia with your dispatcher. Can someone look into this and get back to me." Polite, business-like, not hostile or inflammatory.

I got no response and after a couple of days I replied to the previous thread. and got again no response. Yesterday, I responded again with more of a *** tone. Its been 3 weeks and the item has not shipped and CS seems to be non-existent.

I do a tons of online purchasing both personal and professionally and I can honestly say this is pretty strange by any standard - Even the worst vendors I've dealt with at least patronize me with "let me look into it and get back to you"

It seems like there are several here are into their products, is this par for the course with Rapha? Does anyone here have any insight in to their CS or have a direct line to someone who can get me sorted?

jkbrwn
09-12-2020, 01:46 PM
Rapha have a relatively small CS department. Due to COVID, this does mean that they're under restrictions - especially as their largest CS presence is in the U.K., where restrictions on office space are still in place. The CS presence in the U.S. isn't huge - last time I checked it was about 5 people max - though that information is slightly out of date.

Did you get an auto-reply stating the following?

we're experiencing higher contact volumes than normal and this may result in a longer wait time than expected.

Rest assured that we are working around the clock to get back to you.

Please visit https://www.rapha.cc/covid-19-statement and https://www.rapha.cc/faq for the some answers to common questions.

The last time I contacted CS, at the end of July, it took four working days to get a response. I'm not excusing them, but they get an unparalleled volume of CS requests considering the size of the team. People will email about orders they placed five years ago seeking to have an item repaired, others will email seeking sponsorship for free kit... those combined with people emailing about 'where is my order' etc. It's simply a lot of support tickets to get through. Also, the post-sale influx of tickets is always extremely high.

Source: I worked at Rapha HQ for three years.

Mike V
09-12-2020, 01:50 PM
Try the online communication on their website. I had a similar problem and they helped a lot.

cuda
09-12-2020, 01:59 PM
thanks for the reply. I really appreciate that you took the time and that you have some insight in to the inner working of Rapha.
I did get the auto response. It's a pretty stock reply that we've all gotten used to.
Since the majority of CS jobs are being conducted online I mistakenly assume that the Covid interruption in customer service would be negligible and also why I didnt call CS and opted to email.

For the hell of it I just called Fedex to see what they had to add. They said Rapha made the shipping label. The shipment has never left Rapha...

cuda
09-12-2020, 02:01 PM
Try the online communication on their website. I had a similar problem and they helped a lot.

cool - i'll give that a go
thanks.

cuda
09-12-2020, 02:04 PM
not seeing a communication window on Rapha webpage. Maybe because it's the weekend.

happycampyer
09-12-2020, 02:27 PM
I’ve always found Rapha’s customer service to be outstanding. Returns, exchanges, questions about availability, adjustment of purchase prices for things bought before they go in sale, etc.

I don’t know why sometimes I’ll get a pop-up asking me if I want to chat with a representative, but sometimes I do and sometimes I don’t. I rarely use that feature, but the few times I have the representatives were very helpful.

Agree with Mike V that you should try the online communication in addition to email, or call during regular business hours. I assume that you didn’t create an account when you made the purchase—if you had, you would be able to see if the order had shipped (dispatched), track the shipment, etc. When I click on the “Need help?” link, I get the following in a popup: CUSTOMER SERVICE Need help?
usa@rapha.cc
877-907-2742
Mon-Fri 8:30am – 5.00pm PST

jkbrwn
09-12-2020, 02:39 PM
I don’t know why sometimes I’ll get a pop-up asking me if I want to chat with a representative, but sometimes I do and sometimes I don’t.

Purely depends if someone is actually on the online chat application and whether someone is available to speak. There's supposed to be at least one person online at all times, but of course, demand often outstrips supply.

FlashUNC
09-12-2020, 03:27 PM
Several years ago now, but when I broke my elbow the paramedics cut my Rapha knickers off me en route to the hospital.

I sent an email to CS about a repair, got a phone call the next day from someone at the then-Portland office. Spent more time asking how I was doing and commisserating, then gave the straight skinny: Repair wouldn't be possible on the bib straps since they were cut. Instead, they'd ship me out of a set of new knickers at cost, and a couple coupon codes for future purchases.

This is under prior ownership, but never had a company go above and beyond like that for a rando asking about a repair job before.

It's a weird year, so I'd say some patience and keep at it with them.

Monsieur Toast
09-12-2020, 04:02 PM
I recently sent a return back to them and they only credited me for one of four items in the package. I followed up with a polite and descriptive email, received an auto-response about COVID increasing response times, and am just sitting tight for the time being. Stuff happens. Their eventual response and handling of the situation will has a big influence on doing business with them going forward though (at least until they change ownership again).

stev0
09-12-2020, 04:07 PM
Chiming in to say that I've also had a positive experience with the online chat on their website a few months ago - and with their CS in the UK about a decade prior.

XXtwindad
09-12-2020, 04:08 PM
I’ve always had consistently excellent CS with Rapha.

cuda
09-12-2020, 06:01 PM
cool.
thanks for all the replies and suggestions.

safe rides

cgolvin
09-12-2020, 07:08 PM
Just piling on here -- when you are online doing other things, go to their site. If it doesn't show up immediately (as above, because no one's there), just keep an eye on the lower right corner, eventually the chat bug will pop up and you'll be able to chat with someone. My experiences with them have always been excellent, just be patient…though it does seem like lately their shipping has been longer than usual, but I doubt that is entirely down to them.

Best of luck.

R3awak3n
09-12-2020, 07:25 PM
I’ve always had consistently excellent CS with Rapha.

same here. Before change in ownership and after change in ownership. Always been A+ CS

Hank Scorpio
09-13-2020, 05:33 AM
I recently had a warranty issue with some city riding glasses I had purchased two years ago. The defect was apparent from the beginning but I waited until it got really bad to call. Too long apparently as they were out of warranty. Rapha sent a $25 coupon. I was able to make an acceptable repair with some crazy glue and plasti dip so I guess it all worked out. Replies were spaced out by several days but I did get them.

Monsieur Toast
09-15-2020, 09:28 AM
Well, it took 3 emails, and 2 customer service reps, but I finally got an explanation for why they issued a refund of $90 for a $150 jersey I sent back. "The system had an error."

Regarding the other three items I sent back in the same package: one was issued a full refund, one was issued a 50% refund, and the last one is still MIA.

Working our way towards a solution, one email/item at a time, hah!

cuda
09-21-2020, 07:00 PM
Thanks for the suggestion about catching CS in a chat window. They were able to find out the issue and resolved the problem as well as provided expedited shipping.
Cheers

ridethecliche
09-21-2020, 07:39 PM
Well, it took 3 emails, and 2 customer service reps, but I finally got an explanation for why they issued a refund of $90 for a $150 jersey I sent back. "The system had an error."

Regarding the other three items I sent back in the same package: one was issued a full refund, one was issued a 50% refund, and the last one is still MIA.

Working our way towards a solution, one email/item at a time, hah!

I feel like a chargeback is in order.