PDA

View Full Version : 6 Degrees of Tyler Hamilton?

Wayne77
02-06-2007, 09:49 AM
From http://www.velonews.com/race/int/articles/11603.0.html

"Sadly, Hamilton's last day as a pro serves as a painful reminder of just what the sport has suffered through in recent years. That day's stage was won by Roberto Heras (stripped of the 2005 Vuelta title and suspended for EPO), who knocked Floyd Landis (facing the loss of the 2006 Tour de France title on a testosterone charge) out of the leader's jersey. Finishing second that day was Santiago Perez (suspended for blood doping), who finished ahead of third-placed Francisco Mancebo (named in Operación Puerto and ejected from the 2006 Tour)."

Entertain yourselves..please continue the game..

Edit: Yes, I know there are five names here..but you have to count his twin, that makes six!!!

Frustration
02-06-2007, 11:17 AM
The twin vanished :no:

chrisroph
02-06-2007, 11:29 AM
From http://www.velonews.com/race/int/articles/11603.0.html

"Sadly, Hamilton's last day as a pro serves as a painful reminder of just what the sport has suffered through in recent years. That day's stage was won by Roberto Heras (stripped of the 2005 Vuelta title and suspended for EPO), who knocked Floyd Landis (facing the loss of the 2006 Tour de France title on a testosterone charge) out of the leader's jersey. Finishing second that day was Santiago Perez (suspended for blood doping), who finished ahead of third-placed Francisco Mancebo (named in Operación Puerto and ejected from the 2006 Tour)."

Entertain yourselves..please continue the game..

Edit: Yes, I know there are five names here..but you have to count his twin, that makes six!!!

I was thinking similarly the other day while watching a tape of a 2003 stage in which Mancebo dropped out for sun stroke. It is amazing how many big names in that stage are no longer riding because of doping suspensions.

AgilisMerlin
02-06-2007, 11:36 AM
seven tour de france' ez

lance armstrong

lets not forget the lawsuits, the controversy, the lawyers, and the PURITY

amerlin

onyourleft
02-06-2007, 11:57 AM
"Purity"? About as pure as when Clinton "didn't inhale". :rolleyes:

Fixed
02-06-2007, 02:32 PM
bro we are the problem ,we make them lie so we can have heros that are supposed to be more than us .imho
cheers

jmewkill
02-06-2007, 02:54 PM
bro we are the problem ,we make them lie so we can have heros that are supposed to be more than us .imho
cheers

Yep - too true.

AgilisMerlin
02-06-2007, 02:59 PM
the way it was
the way it is
the way it will always be. :no:

amerlIn

Wayne77
02-06-2007, 03:24 PM
Ok, I wasn't really intending this to be a thread about doping problems in cycling. I think that has been hashed to death here - I just found the Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon nature of the VN article kinda funny, like a game see?

:beer:

William
02-06-2007, 03:55 PM
Tyler Hamilton has a Bacon number of 5. Meaning....

Tyler Hamilton was a team mate of Lance Armstrong. Lance Armstrong dated Sheryl Crow. Sheryl Crow was in 54 (1998) with Arthur J. Nascarella
Arthur J. Nascarella was in In the Cut (2003) with Kevin Bacon

Unless you add his twin, then he could conceivably have a Bacon number of 6. But, is that legal. :confused:

William ;)

BBB
02-06-2007, 04:52 PM
cheers

I disagree with this.

We the public don't make them do anything. Sure some people may want heroes and sure we like the entertainment, but do you think this is really what prompts a pro cyclist to stick a needle in his arm?

AgilisMerlin
02-06-2007, 06:37 PM
i believe

money is the root of all EVIL :crap:

AmerliN

LegendRider
02-06-2007, 06:58 PM
i believe

money is the root of all EVIL :crap:

AmerliN

Nope. The LOVE of money is the root of all evil.

AgilisMerlin
02-06-2007, 07:03 PM
i have just been Schooled'

you are correct. :)

but sometimes it becomes very confusing mixing/exchanging Love with Need. And Need is a very strong persuador.

AmerliN