PDA

View Full Version : Skirting rules

gasman
09-11-2020, 07:34 PM
tmeyer-

Read the rules on the top of the page again. You clearly read them as you know of the 30 posts in 30 days rule and trying to get around them is not cool. Don't try this again.

tmever
09-12-2020, 10:28 AM
Yeah, so it is RIDICULOUS for anyone to have to read (and post comments on!) a bunch of chit-chat about forks, seat posts, NBA (for a MONTH!!) just to be able to get out some info on a bike that many of your members are interested in.

Apparently, though, it is OK for some bike mechanic to call my post lame (no added value, just negativity) and then in the next breath he has a link to his bike shop page. Maybe he needs to re-read the rules:
"The Paceline Forum is NOT . . . • For commercial purposes."
"2.) You may not advertise other websites".

Maybe the rules should apply to everyone equally. :confused:

So there you have it, my 2nd post. I am sure it will get deleted also since non-conforming opinions are not tolerated.

parris
09-12-2020, 10:50 AM
tmever it appears that the only reason you joined the site was to sell a bike. If what you want to do is just sell there's ebay, craigslist, etc. Slamming the mods and membership here is just NOT COOL in any way shape or form.

The mods here work very hard to keep things going. If you don't like the site or the rules there's nobody forcing you to stay.

dave thompson
09-12-2020, 10:59 AM
Yeah, so it is RIDICULOUS for anyone to have to read (and post comments on!) a bunch of chit-chat about forks, seat posts, NBA (for a MONTH!!) just to be able to get out some info on a bike that many of your members are interested in...<snip>
Yeah, you knowingly and purposefully went around a rule and got your hand slapped for it. We ALL have to observe the rules here.

This forum is nearly 20 years old, we’re pretty darn friendly and there’s some huge names that live and visit here. We welcome new folks with open arms and hope you stay around.

The Paceline is a well-rounded, general purpose bicycle forum whose members have wide-ranging fields of expertise that go beyond just two wheels, so often we talk about different stuff. Kinda like like having backyard BBQ conversations about whatever may be of interest at the moment.

So, get your 30 posts having a bunch of chit-chat about forks,seat posts and the NBA. Then you’ll be able to post the info on your bike. There will still be members interested in it.

GOTHBROOKS
09-12-2020, 11:05 AM
haha oh boy

OtayBW
09-12-2020, 11:12 AM
Yeah, so it is RIDICULOUS for anyone to have to read (and post comments on!)...OK - so you think the rules that we abide by are ridiculous. Not a problem....:rolleyes:

C40_guy
09-12-2020, 11:12 AM
Pass the popcorn...

barnabyjones
09-12-2020, 11:13 AM
Tmever, that's a nice De Rosa

dbnm
09-12-2020, 11:16 AM
If becoming part of the community is too laborious for you, there is a $500 new member fee you can pay now and then you can post your bike immediately to the classifieds.

:)

Big Dan
09-12-2020, 11:19 AM
Yeah, you knowingly and purposefully went around a rule and got your hand slapped for it. We ALL have to observe the rules here.

This forum is nearly 20 years old, we’re pretty darn friendly and there’s some huge names that live and visit here. We welcome new folks with open arms and hope you stay around.

The Paceline is a well-rounded, general purpose bicycle forum whose members have wide-ranging fields of expertise that go beyond just two wheels, so often we talk about different stuff. Kinda like like having backyard BBQ conversations about whatever may be of interest at the moment.

So, get your 30 posts having a bunch of chit-chat about forks,seat posts and the NBA. Then you’ll be able to post the info on your bike. There will still be members interested in it.

I'm with Dave here.

reuben
09-12-2020, 11:42 AM
http://mayophoto.net/misc/gifs/TrainWreck1.gif

William
09-12-2020, 11:43 AM

Well said Dave.

tmever, the Paceline is not classifieds centric, it is and always has been a bonus area for the members that share and contribute here. The reason for the rules is just to get people to participate instead of solely come here to flip stuff.

You came here and tried to sell your bike, found out you couldn't and figured out why you couldn't. Then you proceeded to ignore and try to circumvent the rules, and then got snarky when you were rightfully called out for it. The rules are the rules and you are not getting a pass. As Dave said, you are welcome to stay and participate and in short order you'll be able to post up your ride. If not, that's your choice.

W.

flying
09-12-2020, 11:55 AM
Yeah, so it is RIDICULOUS for anyone to have to read (and post comments on!) a bunch of chit-chat about forks, seat posts, NBA (for a MONTH!!) just to be able to get out some info on a bike that many of your members are interested in.

For myself I always thought the rule was also in place to avoid getting guys none have ever heard of show up & say..."Pssst wanna buy a watch"? :rolleyes:

Chit chat/30 posts/time on forum while not a guarantee the person is actually a cyclist with a bike to sell does help dissuade certain types looking to quick sell a watch ;)

XXtwindad
09-12-2020, 12:07 PM

Apparently, though, it is OK for some bike mechanic to call my post lame (no added value, just negativity) and then in the next breath he has a link to his bike shop page. Maybe he needs to re-read the rules:

So there you have it, my 2nd post. I am sure it will get deleted also since non-conforming opinions are not tolerated.

Well, eChappist has the “Calcio” thread which is very popular. Also, if you want to start a “shuttlecock” (AKA “badminton” thread) I’ll join you. Badminton gets a bad rap. I think it’s high time all the closeted badminton players stand up and be counted.

merlinmurph
09-12-2020, 12:13 PM
Probably not the best way to introduce yourself and get people to get to know you. After your first post, you had two options:
1. Apologize, admit you screwed up and get on with life

2. Attack and insult people (gee, sound like a certain political figure...)

Oh, welcome to The Paceline!

rallizes
09-12-2020, 12:16 PM
looks like a nice bike

i would post it on facebook

it will get more views anyway

GLWS

makoti
09-12-2020, 01:34 PM
http://mayophoto.net/misc/gifs/TrainWreck1.gif

Stealing. :hello:

Nomadmax
09-12-2020, 01:45 PM
I won't miss anyone who thinks the rules apply to everyone but them. I'm kinda fed up with "special".

BobbyJones
09-12-2020, 01:50 PM
I always wonder how some people act in real life.

This is one of em.

scoobydrew
09-12-2020, 02:34 PM
Pass the popcorn...

https://i.imgur.com/0hQyd5L.gif

RKW
09-12-2020, 03:08 PM

In the words of my grandmother...

"Honey, you're not pretty enough to act that way."

ridethecliche
09-12-2020, 03:16 PM
Wait whats this about badminton?

Hellgate
09-12-2020, 03:21 PM
Well, eChappist has the “Calcio” thread which is very popular. Also, if you want to start a “shuttlecock” (AKA “badminton” thread) I’ll join you. Badminton gets a bad rap. I think it’s high time all the closeted badminton players stand up and be counted.I'm up for badminton. I took a course in it in grad school, I'd no idea how competitive and fun it could be. I followed that course up with fencing.

Toeclips
09-12-2020, 03:34 PM
Is there an Eddy Merckx of badminton

DeBike
09-12-2020, 03:36 PM
While I agree with some of the posted statements, the OP is entitled to have an opinion. That does not mean that "skirting" the rules is OK. As a new poster, he may not have been as informed of the rules, or the reason for those rules, as more experienced members.

Earlier this year, as a new member, I inadvertently posted about something I was looking to sell in an inappropriate way. I did not mean to do this. The post started as a comment about a subject, I cannot remember what it was, but my post morphed into something I did not intend it to be.

I received, in my opinion, an unnecessarily critical, and somewhat threatening PM, from one of the mods. I responded, via PM, to the mod in an understanding way and accepted the reprimand, lack of a better word, which is what I perceived the PM to be. I give the mod credit for doing this via the PM, rather than a post for all to see.

I learned from my mistake and moved on. Paceline membership has given me many benefits and much bicycle related enjoyment and entertainment. I thank the mods for the job they do, as well as the members for what they do.

SlowPokePete
09-12-2020, 03:43 PM
bad mitten :no:

https://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/index.php

SPP

joosttx
09-12-2020, 03:43 PM

Tmever- I agree this is an injustice. Some rules don't apply to some while others like you they go heavy handed on. And think about this... what about the illiterate that come to this site to enjoy the pictures how are they suppose to "read" the rules! That could apply to you! I am not sure.

Anyway, I know a very good lawyer I can put you in contact with. She will sue the **** out of Paceline for you. I can promise you can probably get at least 20% of their yearly profits from hosting this forum. What do you say?

PS she charges $1500/hr

XXtwindad
09-12-2020, 04:07 PM

“All this chitter-chatter, chitter-chatter, chitter-chatter 'bout
Shmatta, shmatta, and shmatta.”
Fixed it for you 😉