PDA

View Full Version : Kenda Small Block 8 thoughts

Matthew
09-11-2020, 04:31 PM
Got a Moots 26er that I love to ride and plan to keep for a while. Got a fresh set of Continental Race Kings on it and am pretry pleased with them. While shopping the net I am finding it harder to find a good xc tire as obviously the industry has moved on from 26in wheels. Want to stock up on a pair or two for the future. Seems the Small Block 8 is fairly available in the size I want. Reviews online are a bit all over the place like with many products. Figured I'd ask the good folks here their thoughts? Biggest issue seems to be mud caking up on them and front wheel cornering. Ride mostly hardback xc types courses here in Michigan. Thanks! !

Bob Ross
09-11-2020, 05:06 PM
My wife has Kenda Small Block 8s on both of her gravel bikes. They were recommended to her by the guy who runs the New York Cycle Club's D-SIG, a coaching program that teaches experienced road riders how to ride off road.

alexstar
09-11-2020, 05:22 PM
Good for the back wheel - I agree that cornering is not its strong suit. I used to run a Nevegal on the front wheel instead.

pdmtong
09-11-2020, 07:49 PM
Good for the back wheel - I agree that cornering is not its strong suit. I used to run a Nevegal on the front wheel instead.

^ this

Upcountry
09-13-2020, 10:02 AM
I ran them years ago and never really had issues. They're cheap, available in tons of sizes from 26"-29" and super versatile. Just avoid the wire bead variety(not sure if they're even still out there).