PDA

View Full Version : Sram AXS cassette won’t fit Wahoo XDR body?

grnrcr
09-10-2020, 01:43 PM
The terrible west coast smoke means finally setting up my Wahoo Kickr for some indoor rides.

I’ve been at it all morning but can’t figure out why the Force AXS cassette won’t go in far enough on the Wahoo XDR body. I can’t get it to thread at all.

Can’t get through to Sram or Wahoo support at all. On hold forever then get dropped.

This is as far as the cassette will go. Anyone experienced the same?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200910/809eb41cf5be581f54824b5b89984d07.jpg

jkbrwn
09-10-2020, 01:49 PM
Assume you've seen this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=59&v=vfyGT7uQX4U&feature=emb_title

RobJ
09-10-2020, 01:51 PM
I had a similar problem, not with the Wahoo, but on my road bike. There was a gap like yours and then the chain would of course hit the derailleur hanger.

It was incorrect mounting of the cassette. I had to slide it on and turn it until the teeth caught. Then you need to torque it down with a cassette tool to get it to slide all the way on the freehub. This was my issue and maybe it's the same here.

grnrcr
09-10-2020, 02:00 PM
I had to slide it on and turn it until the teeth caught. Then you need to torque it down with a cassette tool to get it to slide all the way on the freehub. This was my issue and maybe it's the same here.

I watched the Sram video over and over. The “turn it until the teeth caught” is not happening for me. It’s even trickier on the Wahoo since the hub turns forward when i turn the cassette. Sigh...

yinzerniner
09-10-2020, 02:19 PM
I watched the Sram video over and over. The “turn it until the teeth caught” is not happening for me. It’s even trickier on the Wahoo since the hub turns forward when i turn the cassette. Sigh...

So SRAM tech videos are the worst. But with the force AXS casette what I've found works is if you take the cassette off the freehub body and rotate it one spline at a time before pushing it down to then engage the threads. Sometimes the cassette fits a bit weird at one position and just can't get the threads to catch.

Also, you mentioned that the hub turns forward when turning the cassette. For whatever reason the AXS XDR cassettes seem to be a bit stiffer than XD cassettes, so you might need a chain whip to ensure that the cassette and freehub stay motionless while you try to engage the threads.

Good luck!